Desert Island Disc's?

Barry Sanchez

The Jam - Going Underground

LOL!!!! Realised that after I posted and I left it to see how long it would last... also quoted by Bletch further down the thread .. it should of course be the incomparable 'All Mod Cons'.

Ha! I didn't spot it either sandwichsaint, but to be fair I was simply quoting artists and albums in my top 100 as a way of not limiting myself to 5.

But now we're forced to choose, I might bring along The Gift instead of All Mod Cons.

Ha! I didn't spot it either sandwichsaint, but to be fair I was simply quoting artists and albums in my top 100 as a way of not limiting myself to 5.

But now we're forced to choose, I might bring along The Gift instead of All Mod Cons.

No Bruce in your top 100? Or have you gone for something different to Darkness on the Edge etc.

A desert island? Well if I'm going to die, I'm going to look back at my life and wonder if I actually accomplished anything. So I'd take these from my time at as a New College chorister in the 80's/90's.

imagediscog.php?id=141

Haydn: The Creation

imagediscog.php?id=143

Herbert Howells: Choral and Organ Music Volume 2

imagediscog.php?id=146

Handel: Joshua

imagediscog.php?id=149

Handel: Judas Maccabaeus

imagediscog.php?id=158

Benjamin Britten: A Ceremony of Carols.

All have my voice on, and I'm actually on the last album cover - lower front right. I could take music I like now, but at least when people in the future find my dead skeleton, at least they'd have a chance of identifying my remains. :-)

Quantic - The 5th Exotic

Orbital - In-Sides

Portishead - Dummy

Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun

Bonobo - Days to Come

The new bonobo album is worlds of excellent. If you like portishead or massive attack then you really should listen to it

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

The Band - The Last Waltz

Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome (The Seegar Sessions)

The Libertines - Up The Bracket

Kanye West - Graduation

Thats just off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure it would be very different if I had all my albums in front of me...

The new bonobo album is worlds of excellent. If you like portishead or massive attack then you really should listen to it

I bought it on the day of release and I saw him on the live tour in Sheffield back in May. I've tried and tried to like it but I just find it very disappointing compared to his earlier work. Too much attention to the finer details of the production and not enough emphasis on the bigger picture has resulted, with one exception (Cirrus), in a collection of cleverly-produced but instantly forgettable tracks that sadly are no more than the sum of their parts. Shame really.

Edited by Sheaf Saint