Who would you like to replace Schneiderlin?

wessex saint

Looks like he's off to Real Sociedad (12m euros)

I now understand why we've been so desperate to sign a defensive midfielder!!

I thought it was to replace Cork but now I know better.

So.. lots of names in the hat, but now you know it's to replace Morgan who do ya want?

Why would be sell him for as we don't need the money.

Silly, silly rumour.

maybe... do Spurs need to sell Bale?

No - but they may end up selling him anyway. Don't be so naive.... players follow a pay cheque. If he wants to move (for maybe Champions League)he will get one. Even Cortese can't stop the general economic forces from working against us

He would only go if a big club offered silly money, no chance he would leave us for Real ****ing Sociadad.

In fairness they finished 4th in La Liga. The silly part of this rumour is the small price fee -he should fetch a much higher price than Wanyama, considering he was one of the top performers in Europe whilst playing in the Premier League.

Just checked up on twitter. It was posted by Transfers To Be @TransfersToBe. Apparently a football agent. I have no idea if he is "ITK" or reliable.

"Morgan Schniederlin's proposed move to Real Sociedad takes another step, the Spanish side have now made a new offer of £12m #saintsfc"

"His agent tells me that the player is keen on playing Champions League football, and that could swing the south coast club into accepting"

Well.. who knows?

I love Morgan but according to comments above he's worth about 20m!!

For a young lad whose had one season at the top level and just about held his own. Not a full international and (lets face it) has no real allegiance to Saints. Course he wouldn't go to a more successful team!

OK - forget MS... why are the only confirmed players we've tried to buy been defensive midfielders? because that's our weakest position? I think not...

Well.. who knows?

For a young lad whose had one season at the top level and just about held his own. Not a full international and (lets face it) has no real allegiance to Saints. Course he wouldn't go to a more successful team!

OK - forget MS... why are the only confirmed players we've tried to buy been defensive midfielders? because that's our weakest position? I think not...

In fairness, it's our weakest position in that when Cork was out we were a shambles. No other position left us so exposed, despite the obvious quality of our first choice pairing.

In fairness, it's our weakest position in that when Cork was out we were a shambles. No other position left us so exposed, despite the obvious quality of our first choice pairing.

Sorry, I say 'in fairness' as if my opinion is the fair one. I mean 'in my opinion'...

Mmm true. So maybe Wanyama etc were just to give us 3 decent players to fill 2 positions.

I so hope I'm wrong.... I'm getting a season ticket this year - partly on the back of Morgan bossing the game most weeks.

Mmm true. So maybe Wanyama etc were just to give us 3 decent players to fill 2 positions.

I so hope I'm wrong.... I'm getting a season ticket this year - partly on the back of Morgan bossing the game most weeks.

Well.. who knows?

This post is like farting in a lift - wrong on so many levels

"just about held his own" - he has near enough the best stats for a central midfielder in Europe!

"No real allegiance to saints" - stuck with us from the championship through 2 years in League one and back up to the premiership.

+ the implication that 12m euros is a good price for him. Not if the celtic lad is valued at 12m its not.

I am not saying he will never leave but I don't believe that it will be for 12m euros to Real Sociadad

Why do people think that jut because you want to sign a player in a certain position someone else in that position must be on his way out...

You think this is a game where you only need and want 11 good players and that backup should be sh*te??

Well.. who knows?

We have no proper back up there, we play a form of 4231 (that everyone plays these days) and so you need two CMs to make that work. Currently we have MS and JC for those two roles, if either is left out we would probably be left horribly exposed, part of this is due to the tendancy of the FBs pushing up but also the attacking bank of four who also fulfill high pressing roles (which means when bypassed you rely on the next bank.

For me its not an indication on either leaving, just a sensible move to ensure we have decent rotation, cover and competition.

Originally Posted by wessex saint

Well.. who knows?

Perfect post. First person to make this obvious point- but then again they say that genius is only the art of spotting such things. Without Cork we were rubbish. We need a top too quality extra DM in the squad to avoid a repetition. Thats why we are looking at DM's.

Well.. who knows?

Really? I await MLG to put his stats up but from just watching him last season he more than held his own and over the season was probably one of the best MF's in the division.

Personally I do not see him leaving as I think he does have an allegiance to SFC - he went down the leagues and came back up when he could have gone elsewhere in that time.

He wouldn't have signed a 4 year deal in Jan only to leave for a team like Sociedad just because they are in Europe this season. He would of known we wouldn't be in Europe at that point this season.

I can see him leaving for a top 4/5 club if he did leave this summer, but the offer would be way more than whats suggested....especially seeing how much Wigan want for that McCarthy chap etc etc.

I no nothing about this particular rumour but my missus is acquainted with his missus and seemingly a move has been on the cards for a while.

As for Real Socieadad, they're a big club. Well established in la liga and in the champions league. Anyone who thinks a move to them is not a big step up is kidding themselves.

As to the fee, 12m is massive for a lad with no international or champions league. Yes the lad has had one good season in the prem but that doesn't put him in the 20m bracket.

Sadly I think they're is something in this.

Perfect post. First person to make this obvious point- but then again they say that genius is only the art of spotting such things. Without Cork we were rubbish. We need a top too quality extra DM in the squad to avoid a repetition. Thats why we are looking at DM's.

Our weekest position cover wise is left back by a country mile...

He would easily go for that sort of money.

How many caps did Jordan Henderson have for England, before he was shifted for 18m?

There's always a premium for English players. MS ain't worth 21m.

Put it another way, is MS worth 50% more than Wanyama who has full caps and CL experience? If he's not is Wanyama worth 21m? The sensible answer is no to both questions.

There's always a premium for English players. MS ain't worth 21m.

Put it another way, is MS worth 50% more than Wanyama who has full caps and CL experience? If he's not is Wanyama worth 21m? The sensible answer is no to both questions.

We sold AOC for more than 12M after one full season in league 1. Why would we sell MS for less?