Some footballers are decent humans

Bucks Saint

A decent gesture but a few points here. Firstly its a loan not a gift, secondly, he's a shareholder so if they went into admin he'd lose his shares so would cost him money and thirdly £200k is to him is like us loaning them a couple of hundred quid. Not knocking him for it but its not the selfless gesture it might initially appear.

A decent gesture but a few points here. Firstly its a loan not a gift, secondly, he's a shareholder so if they went into admin he'd lose his shares so would cost him money and thirdly £200k is to him is like us loaning them a couple of hundred quid. Not knocking him for it but its not the selfless gesture it might initially appear.

Yes take some of your points but its not unusual even for the mega wealthy - even Markus turned his loans into equity, rather than a straight gift. His shares must be worthless anyway - tiny club clearly barely solvent, so I dont think his gesture was motivated by that.

Sergei if he did that then fine . But a mate and I went to watch saints up there and after the game we tried to speak to him . He told us to f*** off and had no time for away fans . He had to minders with him . All we were after was his autograph and have few words with him . So you will appreciate I have no time for that donkey

That is pretty much what I said to Beattie. There could be a pattern here. If you want a free pint, tell a footballer he played **** at the weekend and shouldn't be out drinking.

After we had our 'chat' he went on that big scoring spree. I take 73.5% of the credit.