Women tennis players 'Athletes'?

OldNick

Watching a few minutes on the Tv of Wimbledon and saw top female tennis players and saw more bulges and flab than you'd expect. The men are athletic and quick around the court whereas the woman lumber around. For them to demand the same prize money as the men is laughable

The prize money is now unequal in favour of the women because they win the same despite playing significantly less tennis.

Haven't noticed much flab myself, their all bound to have some muscle mass on them and have sizable thighs.

It was a massive shame Kristina Mladenovic exited the tournament early IMO

even if I am not that far off being old enough to be her grandad

The top women often get more in the majors as they've got the time to play doubles.

The equal pay thing is pretty stupid. I can understand why Wimbledon have made it equal as it was bad PR but the men's game is a bigger draw and the prize money should reflect that. They're not doing the same job, the men are playing men's tennis and the women are playing women's tennis.

The top women often get more in the majors as they've got the time to play doubles.

The equal pay thing is pretty stupid. I can understand why Wimbledon have made it equal as it was bad PR but the men's game is a bigger draw and the prize money should reflect that. They're not doing the same job, the men are playing men's tennis and the women are playing women's tennis.

They could always double the prize money and have one event - The Singles Championships - open to both men and women.

Problem solved.

Works well in snooker.