Saints to get new badge?

saint_disco123

I've heard that its going to be an all red badge to go with an all red kit. A wise choice.

Perfect. I'd not heard that. Great news.

My mate works with the designers of the matchday magazine and I know they are going for an all red cover for every match this season. Sounds like a really striking design, especially in a much smaller format, more pages and with a hard cover. Iconic.

Choice one = New re-branded modern Club with ambition, well run and competing for honours . Choice two = keep silly looking old fashioned striped shirt with the School comp winning badge?? My oh my this Forum is f***ed up!!

I reckon this'll definitely happen. Probably next season.

Seems to me that Cortese is big into cutting costs to maximise profits. Opting for a template design kit rather than a bespoke one was one way of doing this, a monotone badge is cheaper to reproduce en masse, a simpler design will be cheaper still. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see something even as simple as just a gold halo.

Frankly, if it means more money to spend on players, and our ascendency continues, it's fine by me!

With all the kit changes and things has anything thought as well that our Southampton badge design might be in danger too?

I would be open to see some different designs but surely that would be the final straw with some old fans?

Saints to get new name?

With all the kit changes and things has anything thought as well that our Southampton name might be in danger too?

I would be open to see some different names but surely that would be the final straw with some old fans?

What is it with you and the face palm thing......have you just realised how to do it?

Some of the stupidity on this forum is absolutely incredible. Embarrassing to know some fans of my beloved club can reach such levels of idiocy. Real life Saints fans I know are nowhere near as thick.

Facepalm.jpeg

What is it with you and the face palm thing......have you just realised how to do it?

Some of the stupidity on this forum is absolutely incredible. Embarrassing to know some fans of my beloved club can reach such levels of idiocy. Real life Saints fans I know are nowhere near as thick.

I don't think he was asking what the face palm means, merely pointing out that you use it quite a lot. :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a spare 10 mins at lunch and had a play. I think our crest/badge is DREADFUL but at the same time, it is ours aand I am kinda fond of it. This was just for fun really. I basically kept the whole think but modernised it and just got rid of the football, scarf and halo (those are the tacky things IMO that are not needed). I changed the water to red so we have a kind of red and white theme in there. Tried to keep the colours to a miniumum, saints colours, red, white and black. Just could not decide on the tree being original, black or gold (as I lost the halo and (generally) our away kits are yellow and blue so wanted to keep a bit of yellow).

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo3_500.jpg

NC hates the colour red but love the designs!

IMHO I always thought our badge is the best looking in any of the divisions we have been in. Recon the only thing that will happen is the colour change to a silver outline, just like n our away kit this season - was changed at SMS last season. Won't be surprised if we ditch red from the strip completely in a year or so :(

NC hates the colour red but love the designs!

IMHO I always thought our badge is the best looking in any of the divisions we have been in. Recon the only thing that will happen is the colour change to a silver outline, just like n our away kit this season - was changed at SMS last season. Won't be surprised if we ditch red from the strip completely in a year or so :(

Find that hard to believe, otherwise we'd have switched to predominantly white shirts rather than red.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2373176/Manchester-United-change-club-badge--Premier-League-clubs-crest-evolved.html

I used to love our crest, but now I wouldn't really mind if it changed as it does look a bit twee.

Interesting that Cardiff actually had a red dragon on their badge before a bluebird. Not such a deviation from tradition after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2373176/Manchester-United-change-club-badge--Premier-League-clubs-crest-evolved.html

I used to love our crest, but now I wouldn't really mind if it changed as it does look a bit twee.

It says the tree is for the nearby New Forest; I always thought it was a nod to the city centre parks and/or the Common.

I had a spare 10 mins at lunch and had a play. I think our crest/badge is DREADFUL but at the same time, it is ours aand I am kinda fond of it. This was just for fun really. I basically kept the whole think but modernised it and just got rid of the football, scarf and halo (those are the tacky things IMO that are not needed). I changed the water to red so we have a kind of red and white theme in there. Tried to keep the colours to a miniumum, saints colours, red, white and black. Just could not decide on the tree being original, black or gold (as I lost the halo and (generally) our away kits are yellow and blue so wanted to keep a bit of yellow).

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqa9uedpRD1qgp07uo3_500.jpg

Those look the icing from a particularly cheap cake