Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Gianluca Di Marzio @ dimarzio 7m

Osvaldo, farewell Airport: Southampton one step http:// fb.me/1zsLqFTDn

Meaning ??

article google translates to

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is ready to say goodbye to Italy. The Italo-Argentine striker, who has not played yesterday against Ternana officially for a muscle strain, is a step away from Southampton. We told you about the opening of the player to the destination English, and even today it is working to find a final agreement. Now the parts are close, the signals are positive. And yesterday the fans of Southampton sang several choruses in favor of Osvaldo, a clear sign of how the square can be pleased with her purchase. It goes on, even today. Osvaldo moves away from Rome.

Does he score all his goals from the box? Sorry i cant remember. Just seen Hoddle and Souness really praising Soldano, the new spurs striker, because in the last 3 years, "he has scored all his goals except one from inside the box".

I am confused because all the experts on here slated Hooper for just scoring from inside the area?? Hope Osvaldo gets the SWF experts approval whatever

Does he score all his goals from the box? Sorry i cant remember. Just seen Hoddle and Souness really praising Soldano, the new spurs striker, because in the last 3 years, "he has scored all his goals except one from inside the box".

I am confused because all the experts on here slated Hooper for just scoring from inside the area?? Hope Osvaldo gets the SWF experts approval whatever

Mainly in the box, but he is more than capable outside too, he scores all type of goals. It's YouTube, I know but here are all of his goals last season.

http://youtu.be/v8Dru4zsx2w

http://youtu.be/yh1zYzvTn70

Man I am excited, he's so good.

I´ve tried to find but hasn´t found it.

Did Pochettino have the same assistant coaches at Espanyol as are here now with Perez, Jimenez etc??

Then Osvaldo would know a bit more of the staff which would be even better imo.

Yeah, as far as I know. Pablo also actually has dual nationality, Argentinan and Italian.

http://www.football-italia.net/38485/report-osvaldo-accepts-saints

Reports are pouring in that Roma striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo has agreed a transfer to Southampton.The Italy international – who was born and raised in Argentina – had been reticent to accept amid interest from Tottenham and Inter.

According to several different Italian media sources, including the Corrieredello Sportlb_icon1.png and Sky Sport Italia, Osvaldo was convinced to accept by a series of phone calls with Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Roma had already agreed a transfer fee worth around €18m with the Premier League side.

He was left out of the 2-1 friendly win over Ternana on Saturday, officially due to a muscular problem, but many believe it was to allow him further negotiations.

Osvaldo has been repeatedly criticised by the Roma fans and this week posted on Twitter a picture of more abusive graffiti left outside his home. “How sad,” he wrote.

its crazy

just a few months over 2 years ago. we beat plymouth to secure promotion to the championship

And now we're buying first choice players from Roma, who are also current internationals.

But what makes it even more special, is that the core of the side who beat Plymouth are still here and performing well. What a great story.

Found a bit now. Toni Jimenez was at least, but also found an article saying he had an assistant named Di Blasi....

He also had a guy called Raul Longhi asissting when at espanyol. He is now head of the espanyol academy I think.

And now we're buying first choice players from Roma, who are also current internationals.

But what makes it even more special, is that the core of the side who beat Plymouth are still here and performing well. What a great story.

Fonte

Lallana

Morgan

and England goal hero, Lambert

madness

its crazy

just a few months over 2 years ago. we beat plymouth to secure promotion to the championship

The other teams that skybet offer Osvaldo transfer odds on include Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Athletico Madrid, City, United, Spurs, Zenit, Juventus and Napoli. Saints are now 1/4 to sign him https://www.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/15399144

4 years to nearly this day we were taking Neil Trotman on loan (20 August 2009)

Remember being excited when paterson scored and thinking he would be a goal machine in league 1

The signing from Jacob Melis was quite exciting as he was supposed to have been good :lol:

[h=2]So he can handle the pressure?[/h]

He's got plenty of attitude on the pitch but he also needs an arm round the shoulder. 'I play better when I'm happy,' he has said. 'In Italy I was not happy.

'There, unless you score 15 goals in three games you get dropped. Here I don't feel the pressure and I have fun. I need to feel important at a club.'

[h=2]What kind of striker is he?[/h]

Espanyol play a 4-2-3-1 formation and he operates as a lone front man. He's quick, strong and very skilful.

He likes to face the goal, is very direct and knows how to finish with both feet and with his head.

[h=2]And the supporters love him?[/h]The top-selling shirt at Espanyol is the No 21 worn by the club's late captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 at the age of just 26. Osvaldo's No 17 shirt is close behind.

They love the tireless running, they love the goals (11 in 18 starts this season) and they especially love his machine-gun celebration when he scores.

[h=2]So he'd light up the Premier League?[/h]He's a Europa League player more than a Champions League player at the moment but he's only 25 so could really push on at the right club.

He has an Italian passport so there are no work permit issues and Argentina's wealth of great strikers means he won't be called away for too many internationals - he has not been selected for the Copa America next month.

So he can handle the pressure?

He's got plenty of attitude on the pitch but he also needs an arm round the shoulder. 'I play better when I'm happy,' he has said. 'In Italy I was not happy.

'There, unless you score 15 goals in three games you get dropped. Here I don't feel the pressure and I have fun. I need to feel important at a club.'

What kind of striker is he?

Espanyol play a 4-2-3-1 formation and he operates as a lone front man. He's quick, strong and very skilful.

He likes to face the goal, is very direct and knows how to finish with both feet and with his head.

And the supporters love him?

The top-selling shirt at Espanyol is the No 21 worn by the club's late captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 at the age of just 26. Osvaldo's No 17 shirt is close behind.

They love the tireless running, they love the goals (11 in 18 starts this season) and they especially love his machine-gun celebration when he scores.

So he'd light up the Premier League?

He's a Europa League player more than a Champions League player at the moment but he's only 25 so could really push on at the right club.

He has an Italian passport so there are no work permit issues and Argentina's wealth of great strikers means he won't be called away for too many internationals - he has not been selected for the Copa America next month.

Must be an oldish article as he's 27 now early 28

[h=2]So he can handle the pressure?[/h]

[h=2]What kind of striker is he?[/h]

[h=2]And the supporters love him?[/h]The top-selling shirt at Espanyol is the No 21 worn by the club's late captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 at the age of just 26. Osvaldo's No 17 shirt is close behind.

[h=2]So he'd light up the Premier League?[/h]He's a Europa League player more than a Champions League player at the moment but he's only 25 so could really push on at the right club.

From his espanyol days- his stock has gone up since then and he's showed at Roma he can play in several positions where he often came off the wing.