Best ever Saints goal

Scoobysaint

No doubt there have been other threads on this and numerous posters will delight in highlighting this fact but what is the best ever Saints goal. On an individual take, I think MLT against Blackburn takes some beating, I just about remember Danny Wallace overhead kick versus Liverpool. Stumbled across this beauty on youtube today. And what a beauty...

Don't know how to "embed", only link. Great team goal though.

No doubt there have been other threads on this and numerous posters will delight in highlighting this fact but what is the best ever Saints goal. On an individual take, I think MLT against Blackburn takes some beating, I just about remember Danny Wallace overhead kick versus Liverpool. Stumbled across this beauty on youtube today. And what a beauty...

Don't know how to "embed", only link. Great team goal though.

The best ever Saints goal has to be (IMO) Mattie's last goal at the Dell. There have been goals that have been more technical - as in the clips shown, and he has scored more skillful goals, but if you asked any Saints fan on that day what they wanted and Matty scoring the last goal that wins the game has to be the top answer. His goal was what dreams are made of, always in the memory even if you weren't there, it has gone down in history for the club and the fans and written into folklore.

I don't think anything like that will come again.

You won't find one that comes anywhere near that Channon goal. I can't believe I'd never seen it until recently, one of the best goals I've ever seen.

I've seen it a kazillion times. Every time I see it, it seems like the first time again. It just never gets old.

I'd put it down to old age and years of drinking homebrew :toppa:

I just peed my pants a little. Not because that was funny, it's just because of old age and years of drinking homebrew. :)

PS....Damn!! I miss the lower league matchday threads!!!!

I think for me I dont have a favorite goal as such but its what certain goals mean to you

Bobby ... Enough said, happy day

Matty ... Last at the Dell for that "just had to be him" moment

Ossie ... First Saints goal I ever saw (1975/76)

Marion .... Curler v skates to make it 3-0 and put us 4th (I think) the heady WGS days

CMFG ...... "he's taking on the whole team, no way he's gonna score" goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll v Ipswich

Mind you Beatts scored a few beauties like the one v WBA

Love all of these, thanks. I was at the Channon v Liverpool goal, and the passing was breath-taking, and the Golac strike v West Brom was amazing. There was also an incredible Steve Williams goal that season (v Norwich?) where he dribbled through most of their side...

I still think that for sheer, heart-stopping excitement and disbelief, I'll take Le Tissier's first against Newcastle, where he flicks it over two players' heads then scuffs it in the corner. I just never get tired of watching that goal, and, for me, it's better than the fantastic 'golf-shot' that he hit at Blackburn, even if he prefers that one himself...

Love all of these, thanks. I was at the Channon v Liverpool goal, and the passing was breath-taking, and the Golac strike v West Brom was amazing. There was also an incredible Steve Williams goal that season (v Norwich?) where he dribbled through most of their side...

I still think that for sheer, heart-stopping excitement and disbelief, I'll take Le Tissier's first against Newcastle, where he flicks it over two players' heads then scuffs it in the corner. I just never get tired of watching that goal, and, for me, it's better than the fantastic 'golf-shot' that he hit at Blackburn, even if he prefers that one himself...

For me, one that stuck in the memory was Shearer against spurs a few minutes in to my first visit to the Dell. He was stood a few yards away from where I was sat when he smashed the ball into the top left hand corner. The ball got stuck in the goal. I got splatted into the wall in the front of the stand and promptly balled my eyes out.

For years I thought I had imagined it, until I found a clip online a few months back:

For me, one that stuck in the memory was Shearer against spurs a few minutes in to my first visit to the Dell. He was stood a few yards away from where I was sat when he smashed the ball into the top left hand corner. The ball got stuck in the goal. I got splatted into the wall in the front of the stand and promptly balled my eyes out.

For years I thought I had imagined it, until I found a clip online a few months back:

I was at that game and remember the goal. Pretty certain it was the very first goal scored in the top flight that season.

Best Saints goal for me has to be Le Tissier's last last goal at the dell v Arsenal.

Who remembers this Beattie goal at Sunderland? I was at this game and at the time nobody really knew what happened (it was up the other end) - wasn't til you saw it on TV you realised what a great goal it was.

The goal is at 1.10 (

if the link below doesn't start there):

[video=youtube;-dN-3nWguGc]

I was at that game and remember the goal. Pretty certain it was the very first goal scored in the top flight that season.

Best Saints goal for me has to be Le Tissier's last last goal at the dell v Arsenal.

Yes, I could have chosen better but wanted to share the nostalgia! I wasn't there for Le Tissier v Arsenal - still brings a tear to my eye

Le Tiss goals aside

Marians vs Skates

His come back after so long out

Against the skates

**** ed saggy chops ff so much he 'cancelled Xmas ' for his players

Maybe not the most technically brilliant goal ever, but emotionally the one that will take a hell of a lot of beating