Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1356

Thread: Injury Watch

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Indeed I have had infractions for less sarcastic/irrelevant posts and some have been accurate
    You should have a look at the 'Southampton Women' thread which went seriously off-topic.I did at least get my full bingo card of posters/expected responses. Funny how they post on subjects they're not interested in.

2. Default

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...osed-doors-win

DANNY Ings took another step towards being fully fit after playing for Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly today.

Ralph Hasenhuttl’s team won 3-2 against Championship side QPR, with Charlie Austin, Sam Gallagher and Jake Vokins bagging the goals.

Ings, who hasn’t played since the beginning of February, managed to get 45 minutes of game-time under his belt.

Hasenhuttl’s side were due to play Bristol City behind-closed-doors last Friday, however, the game was unable to go ahead.

Saints’ boss also used the friendly with QPR to take a closer look at Fraser Forster.
    Last edited by trousers; 20-03-2019 at 03:55 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post

DANNY Ings took another step towards being fully fit after playing for Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly today.

Ralph Hasenhuttl’s team won 3-2 against Championship side QPR, with Charlie Austin, Sam Gallagher and Jake Vokins bagging the goals.

Ings, who hasn’t played since the beginning of February, managed to get 45 minutes of game-time under his belt.

Hasenhuttl’s side were due to play Bristol City behind-closed-doors last Friday, however, the game was unable to go ahead.

Saints’ boss also used the friendly with QPR to take a closer look at Fraser Forster.
    Good stuff & good news all round.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Good stuff & good news all round.
    It would be great if forster is judged good enough to be backup. At least we wouldn't be wasting the wages so much then.

Why is he looking at Forster? Keepers surely are Gunn, and McCarthy. Get rid of FF, as he is gash. Bit mysterious.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post

Mini-report on the OS:

Saints earn victory in QPR friendly

Southampton ran out 3-2 winners against Queens Park Rangers in a friendly match at Staplewood Campus this afternoon.

It proved a valuable workout, with 21 players gaining minutes during the international break, and Charlie Austin was on target from close range in the first-half to give Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side a 1-0 advantage heading into the break.

The R’s responded two minutes into the second-half when Josh Scowen’s through ball allowed Pawel Wszolek in to finish.

Saints regained the lead though when Sam Gallagher showed superb close control to take the ball in from a raking long-range pass, before coolly dinking over Matt Ingram.

And after Jordan Cousins had levelled for the visitors, an incisive counter-attack saw Yan Valery release Jake Vokins, who burst away from Osman Kakay before slotting the ball into the corner with his favoured left foot to seal victory.
    Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-...od-campus-1819

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Why is he looking at Forster? Keepers surely are Gunn, and McCarthy. Get rid of FF, as he is gash. Bit mysterious.
    Gunn wasn't available to play as he is with England under 21s

8. Default

Both Danny & Mario are still training

Lemina related: Gabon failed to qualify for ACON so he will have a summer off which is good news for us.

We won't be getting rid of FF because he is on massive money here.

Bednarek not in the Poland squad tonight.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Bednarek not in the Poland squad tonight.
    Really hope he's not injured.

Possibly ill. BBC report says "Poland had been affected by illness in the build-up, with eight players - including influential Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik - affected."

He's ill

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    We won't be getting rid of FF because he is on massive money here.
    it would be nice if he had a scintilla of honour about him and take a cut. Good PR for him too. But oh no.

it would be nice if he had a scintilla of honour about him and take a cut. Good PR for him too. But oh no.
    What does it have to do with "honour"? It is not his fault he was offered a big contract untill 2022. He is fully entitled to sit out his contract if he wants to.

Lol, would you take a pay cut if you had a contract..... Thought not

Hands up who would do the honourable thing and give up £3 million per year for doing nothing.

I would consider doing nothing for 2 and a half million. Absolutely nothing though. I wouldn't even want to get out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Hands up who would do the honourable thing and give up £3 million per year for doing nothing.
    I was bored to tears with my IT job years ago and accepted voluntary redundancy. Probably been on 50% or less of that salary ever since but have never regretted the move. It did help having the mortgage virtually paid, and I would assume the poor love has savings and other things he could do for income and self-respect.

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    I was bored to tears with my IT job years ago and accepted voluntary redundancy. Probably been on 50% or less of that salary ever since but have never regretted the move. It did help having the mortgage virtually paid, and I would assume the poor love has savings and other things he could do for income and self-respect.
    He is paid to train. He trains as far as we are aware.

22. Default

Ralph hopes Vestergaard can join training in the week.

Obafemi aiming for a mid May return. No operation required on his hamstring.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019...d-southampton/

What’s the latest news on Obefami ? Any update on his injury?

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Was out with a hamstring injury wasn’t he?

I imagine he will be good to go for pre-season.

Preventing it recurring will be our priority with him from there, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Very much hope to be proven wrong, but for me he will not be one of our successes. Hammy at a young age. Attitude questioned by Ralph. Very stiff in upper body. Raw speed but very little else (so far).

27. Default Oriol Romeu and Jack Stephens recovering from injuries

The article is hard to take seriously when it says...

Summer signing Moussa Djenepo was also left behind having only arrived at Staplewood last Wednesday.
    However...

Southampton FC

@SouthamptonFC

·
    21h

Welcome, @MoussaDjenepo2
    !

The #SaintsFC summer signing has arrived in Rotterdam to watch his new teammates in action!

29. Default

This is the injury thread, MLG. Not the Djenepo GPS tracker thread

Stephens is suffering from incompetence....not sure that's really an injury

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    LOL

Could be worse. At first sight I read that as impotence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The article is hard to take seriously when it says...
    Also, Stephens had missed most of Dublin, seemed to have arrived in Dublin for the last day only, so the injury was more likely picked up at Steplewood or during the Brentford or Preston game.
    Still, nice of the Echo to try and give some information. Would be nice to know what is happening with McQueen, and also what has become of Danny Rohl (probably not injured). Apparently missing our Assistant Manager for the entirety of pre-season seems a little unfortunate, given how important he was to Ralph last season. Still has 2 years on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Also, Stephens had missed most of Dublin, seemed to have arrived in Dublin for the last day only, so the injury was more likely picked up at Steplewood or during the Brentford or Preston game.
    Still, nice of the Echo to try and give some information. Would be nice to know what is happening with McQueen, and also what has become of Danny Rohl (probably not injured). Apparently missing our Assistant Manager for the entirety of pre-season seems a little unfortunate, given how important he was to Ralph last season. Still has 2 years on his contract.
    Didnt I read, on here i believe, that McQueen is still some way off, possibly another op ?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Get well soon Oriol.

When is djennepo, Redmond, Obafemi and Bertrand back then?

Bertrand's absence is strange? Is he really injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Bertrand's absence is strange? Is he really injured?
    According to Ralf, yes

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Bertrand apparently was back in light training last Wednesday so you would imagine he will be back after the international break.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Bertrand apparently was back in light training last Wednesday so you would imagine he will be back after the international break.
    Thanks. Any news on Djennepo?

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    When is djennepo, Redmond, Obafemi and Bertrand back then?
    So long as they’re all back for the derby I’ll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    good news.
    Im sure Djenepo only had a knock..That may be wrong.

Redmond is key, the international break has come at a good time given his injury

Redmond is massively key. If he had been on the pitch last weekend, Saints would've won. I want to see Djenepo back too. Hassenhüttl needs a selection headache.

[QUOTE=for_heaven's_Saint;2758540]So long as they’re all back for the derby I’ll be happy [/

I wouldn’t be chucking any of the new players into the starting lineup for that one, it’s going to be brutal.

[QUOTE=Toussaint;2758663]
    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    So long as they’re all back for the derby I’ll be happy [/

I wouldn’t be chucking any of the new players into the starting lineup for that one, it’s going to be brutal.
    Daft thought, most of them have never played in a derby, if not all of them, so makes no odds how long they have been at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    good news.
    Im sure Djenepo only had a knock..That may be wrong.

Redmond is key, the international break has come at a good time given his injury
    Djenepo was described as a muscle problem. That's more than a knock, but could be any degree of seriousness.

They'll be cautious with Redmond. Doubt we'll see him back before Chelsea.

Hopefully Bertrand will be back after the break. Will be a novelty having a LB.

Obafemi was cramp/tweak in his hamstring. Should be back but worrying how delicate he is. Wouldn't be surprised if N'Lundulu doesn't overtake him in the pecking order.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Gingeletiss;2758690]
    Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post

Daft thought, most of them have never played in a derby, if not all of them, so makes no odds how long they have been at the club.
    Daft and rude response. We could field a strong team that have played in derbies or and or internationals, Portsmouth is not the only derby. Anyway, getting way off topic.

[QUOTE=Gingeletiss;2758690]
    Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post

Daft and rude response. We could field a strong team that have played in derbies or and or internationals, Portsmouth is not the only derby. Anyway, getting way off topic.

No Bertrand in todays training pics. He was in them last Wednesday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    No Bertrand in todays training pics. He was in them last Wednesday though.

Thoughts?