Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Track of the Contracts

Flannigan surely being released after having his contract renewed over and over whilst injured (and now being injured again most of this season). Gutting for any young player to have their career ruined before it's even really started by something like that.

Released/retain lists out. Steve Davis, Afolabi, Bradley-Green, Flannigan, Mdlalose, Rowthorn and scholars Harrison Davis, Fleary and Bartlett all released. New contract offers for Tella, Freeman, NíLundulu, Olufunwa and Norton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Released/retain lists out. Steve Davis, Afolabi, Bradley-Green, Flannigan, Mdlalose, Rowthorn and scholars Harrison Davis, Fleary and Bartlett all released. New contract offers for Tella, Freeman, N’Lundulu, Olufunwa and Norton.
    Always a shame to see young prospects leave. Hope they find good clubs & can make a good career for themselves.

Pleased to see Freeman get offered a new deal as he's had a nightmare with injuries for a young kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Always a shame to see young prospects leave. Hope they find good clubs & can make a good career for themselves.

Pleased to see Freeman get offered a new deal as he's had a nightmare with injuries for a young kid.
    Yes exactly. Other interesting things were that Alex Cull is not listed as offered a new contract so his contract length must have been longer than expected, Alex Jankewitz is listed as not having signed a pro deal and Danny Ings is not listed at all (listed on Liverpool, so suggesting permanent deal hasnít been completed yet)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Yes exactly. Other interesting things were that Alex Cull is not listed as offered a new contract so his contract length must have been longer than expected, Alex Jankewitz is listed as not having signed a pro deal and Danny Ings is not listed at all (listed on Liverpool, so suggesting permanent deal hasn’t been completed yet)
    I think Jankewitz signed with an understanding that it would role into a pro-contract.

(But that's just from memory)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I think Jankewitz signed with an understanding that it would role into a pro-contract.

(But that's just from memory)
    Imagine itís just an error as he turned 17 in December, was a three year pro deal from what I remember.

Freeman seems something of a mystery. I think he is a left back that we signed from a Scottish club (Dundee?) a couple of years ago. He does not seem to have played at all yet we are apparently offering him a new contract.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Saint View Post
    Freeman seems something of a mystery. I think he is a left back that we signed from a Scottish club (Dundee?) a couple of years ago. He does not seem to have played at all yet we are apparently offering him a new contract.
    Right-back, I believe.

From last year: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/so...bid/?rid=13925

10. Default

I have updated the opening post. For the record, here are the complete lists from the PL website

Southampton

RETAINED

Contracts
    Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
    Armstrong, Stuart
    Austin, Charlie
    Barnes, Marcus Thomas
    Bednarek, Jan
    Bertrand, Ryan
    Boufal, Sofiane
    Brennan, Sean Anthony
    Bycroft, Jack Thomas
    Carrillo, Guido Marcelo
    Clasie, Jordy
    Cull, Alexander
    El Younossi, Mohamed
    Ferry, William
    Forster, Fraser Gerard
    Freeman, Kieran (offer)
    Gallagher, Samuel James
    Gunn, Angus Fraser James
    Hale, Harlem
    Hamblin, Harry Mark
    Hansen, Kornelius Normann
    Hesketh, Jake Alexander
    Hoedt, Wesley
    Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
    Johnson, Tyreke Martin
    Jones, Alfie
    Klarer, Christoph
    Kozak, Simon
    Kpohomouh, Pascal
    Latham, Kingsley Finn
    Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
    Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
    Lewis, Harry Charles John
    Long, Shane Patrick
    McCarthy, Alex Simon
    McQueen, Samuel James
    Nlundulu, Dan (offer)
    O'Connor, Thomas James
    O'Driscoll Aaron
    Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
    Ramsay, Kayne
    Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome
    Reed, Harrison James
    Robise, Enzo
    Rose, Jack Joseph
    Sims, Joshua Samuel
    Slattery, Callum
    Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
    Stephens, Jack
    Targett, Matthew Robert
    Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
    Tella, Nathan (offer)
    Valery, Yan
    Vestergaard, Jannik
    Vidal, Oriol Romeu
    Vokins, Jake
    Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward
    Yoshida, Maya

Scholars
    Agbontohoma, David Osaretim
    Bartlett, Daniel Grahame (released)
    Braithwaite, Benjamin Smales
    Burnett, Ethan Darren
    Cluett, Ryan
    Davis, Harrison (released)
    Defise, Lucas Nsiona K
    Fleary, Taymar (released)
    Glean, Rio Kamil
    Idowu, Roland
    Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
    Keogh, Seamas
    Morris, James William
    Norton, Christian Anthony (offer contract)
    Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba (offer contract)
    Saunders, Michael
    Watts, Caleb Cassius
    Watts, Callum Neil

RELEASED (in addition to the scholars highlighted above):

Afolabi, Jonathan
    Bradley Green, Jamie
    Davis, Steven
    Flannigan, Jake
    Mdlalose, Siphesihle Thembinkosi
    Rowthorn, Ben John
    Last edited by Over land and sea; 08-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.

It's a shame for Flannigan that he had quite a few bad injuries over the last few years as he seemed quite a good prospect. I remember watching him in a friendly against Sevilla under MP and he looked very good. I'm sure all the players that have been released will forge successful careers lower down the football pyramid. Pleased to see that Freeman has been offered a new deal, like SuperSaint said like Flannigan hes had a few bad injuries of late but hopefully hes over the worst of them now. Also a name out to watch is N'Lundulu, very pleased hes been offered a new deal. Class young forward who had a great end to the season.

12. Default

Oludare Olufunwa*signs extension.

13. Default

Still no news on the OS about the players being released. I know they can't tell us anything we don't already know and it's not the biggest news but given some of the rubbish they cover over the summer when there is nothing to report I'd have thought it was worthy of mention as not everyone will have seen the PL website. The news also makes the OS profiles even more out of date, with a number of loan returnees to add back in. Adam Parkes was sold in January and is still listed!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Over land and sea View Post
    Still no news on the OS about the players being released. I know they can't tell us anything we don't already know and it's not the biggest news but given some of the rubbish they cover over the summer when there is nothing to report I'd have thought it was worthy of mention as not everyone will have seen the PL website. The news also makes the OS profiles even more out of date, with a number of loan returnees to add back in. Adam Parkes was sold in January and is still listed!
    Very quiet on the signing of any new scholars front too.

Normally get a few whispers of them leaving their clubs for Saints.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Good move for the lad. Always good to see them get a club quickly. Even better if it’s in the football league.

17. Default Smales-Braithwaite seals pro deal

Default New Contracts

Retaining your best players is as important as signing new ones. A few of ours have contracts that are slowly running down.

Historically, with Clyne and Wanyama we have been backed into a corner when a good, valuable player gets to a year to run and have tended to look to sell when they have two years left

What do we think of the chances of the below signing new deals this summer:

Most Pressing:

Redmond - 2 years to go
    Hojbjerg - 2 years to go
    Bednarek - 3 years but on a low wage so deserves a new deal to reflect his progress

There have so far been no rumours about Hojbjerg or Redmond leaving, so makes me think we probably can persuade them to sign an extension. If we don't then we will be forced to sell next summer at a knock down price.

Bednarek should be a no brainer for all parties.

Long has a year to go, I would leave hid and let him leave on a free next summer as he is still useful for now and has little transfer value.

Jeremy Wilson said the other day we’re going to offer Redmond a new deal, so fingers crossed we get it over the line.

Anyone know how we are doing on the homegrown front now Targett has gone?

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Over land and sea will be able to tell you better than me but would assume we would be fine if Vokins fills in for Targett?

Got loads.

How many do you need from your squad, 4? I know some of these won't be over 21 but, surely enough. Wonder what will happen with Barnes.

Barnes, Marcus Thomas
    Brennan, Sean Anthony
    Bycroft, Jack Thomas
    Cull, Alexander
    Freeman, Kieran (offer)
    Gallagher, Samuel James
    Hale, Harlem
    Hamblin, Harry Mark
    Hansen, Kornelius Normann
    Hesketh, Jake Alexander
    Johnson, Tyreke Martin
    Jones, Alfie
    Kpohomouh, Pascal
    Latham, Kingsley Finn
    Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
    Lewis, Harry Charles John
    McQueen, Samuel James
    Nlundulu, Dan (offer)
    O'Connor, Thomas James
    O'Driscoll Aaron
    Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
    Ramsay, Kayne
    Reed, Harrison James
    Robise, Enzo
    Sims, Joshua Samuel
    Slattery, Callum
    Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
    Stephens, Jack
    Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
    Tella, Nathan (offer)
    Valery, Yan
    Vokins, Jake
    Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward

ATM we have Valery, JWP, Reed,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Got loads.

How many do you need from your squad, 4? I know some of these won't be over 21 but, surely enough. Wonder what will happen with Barnes.
    You need 8 home grown players over the age of 21 if you are going to have a full squad of 25 (you can have a maximum of 17 non home grown players). We were already well stocked with home grown players last season, this reqlly isn't an issue any more.
    McCarthy, Stephens, Long, Ings, Austin, Gallagher, Ward-Prowse, Bertrand, Redmond, Gunn, Sims, Forster, Barnes, Adams. I make that 14 and I suspect there are one or two more that are now "21 or over" that weren't last season. I think we only have 9 non-homegrown over 21 players at the moment.
    Currently

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    I think we only have 9 non-homegrown over 21 players at the moment.
    Oops, forgot about Cedric, Carrillo, Boufal, Clasie and Hoedt, all of whom we expect to be shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    You need 8 home grown players over the age of 21 if you are going to have a full squad of 25 (you can have a maximum of 17 non home grown players). We were already well stocked with home grown players last season, this reqlly isn't an issue any more.
    McCarthy, Stephens, Long, Ings, Austin, Gallagher, Ward-Prowse, Bertrand, Redmond, Gunn, Sims, Forster, Barnes, Adams. I make that 14 and I suspect there are one or two more that are now "21 or over" that weren't last season. I think we only have 9 non-homegrown over 21 players at the moment.
    Currently
    Don't you need 8 country home grown, and 4 club homegrown?

26. Default

Don't you need 8 country home grown, and 4 club homegrown?
    Only for Europe. PL is just 8 homegrown.

Alfie Jones has just joined Gillingham on a season long loan deal. That's quite interesting as this decision has been made very quickly and I thought that Ralph may want to have a look at him in pre-season. Good move for Alfie though and im sure we will keep an eye on his progress.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...e-announcement
    Last edited by davefizzy14; 02-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Clearly made a decision to give him a year out on loan rather than play for our reserves, similar to what Stephens did at Swindon.

Might mean either we have a CB lined up, or we're not sure we'll be able to get rid of Stephens or Hoedt. Or maybe just think he's not ready to be 4th choice.

Clearly made a decision to give him a year out on loan rather than play for our reserves, similar to what Stephens did at Swindon.

Might mean either we have a CB lined up, or we're not sure we'll be able to get rid of Stephens or Hoedt. Or maybe just think he's not ready to be 4th choice.
    Or maybe he's in the way of Christoph Klarer who looks to be a promising CB?

30. Default Academy youngsters secure fresh deals

Southampton FC is pleased to announce that four Academy prospects, Nathan Tella, Dan N'Lundulu, Oludare Olufunwa and Kieran Freeman have all put pen to paper on fresh terms at the club.
    https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...ufunwa-freeman

Great news this!

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Great news this!
    N'Lundulu in particular has the makings of a strong, pacy, old-fashioned CF who has an eye for goal. I'd place a small wager that he makes his first team debut this season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

33. Default

Good to see Kieran Freeman included in this quartet. He was hailed as a "wonder-kid" when he joined the Saints academy from Dundee Utd in 2016 but has since suffered a meniscus tear sandwiched between two ACL injuries. There must have been fears for his future in the game after such a run of serious injuries but looks like he's now been given a clean bill of health. Will be interesting to see if he lives up to the original hype.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...n#.XSJhu8Yo80M
    Last edited by trousers; 07-07-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    N'Lundulu in particular has the makings of a strong, pacy, old-fashioned CF who has an eye for goal. I'd place a small wager that he makes his first team debut this season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yeah I agree with this. He seems very hungry to break into the first team as soon as possible and he has got all the qualities to succeed. I think he will be in Ralph's thoughts already.

35. Default Latham agrees Havant & Waterlooville loan

Default Cull lands AFC Totton loan move

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...ent-afc-totton

Seems we're shifting some keepers out...! Thats three gone in the last week or so, and 2 more up for sale, (McCarthy / Forster)

37. Default Hamblin completes Bath City loan move

38. Default Four youngsters sign professional deals

39. Default Tyreke Johnson joins Woking on loan

https://wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/6708/

(I thought he'd be a good enough for an EFL club?)

40. Default Sims joins New York RB on loan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...ulls-loan-deal

Plus signs a 1 year contract extension.

Come on SuperSAINT. Redmond signed a new contract before Reed went to Fulham!

42. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester Red View Post
    Come on SuperSAINT. Redmond signed a new contract before Reed went to Fulham!
    Noted! Must try harder

This is quite depressing....

Alex McCarthy
    Fraser Forster
    Jannik Vestergaard
    Wesley Hoedt
    Jack Stephens
    Stuart Armstrong
    Mario Lemina

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Need Hojbjerg and Bednarek to sign one ones. Hojbjerg especially is quite a pressing need.

Noticed when Redmond signed that RH made a comment along the lines of it maybe helping others to commit as well, which I took to be PEH.

45. Default

Need Hojbjerg and Bednarek to sign one ones. Hojbjerg especially is quite a pressing need.

Noticed when Redmond signed that RH made a comment along the lines of it maybe helping others to commit as well, which I took to be PEH.
    Would be a lovely way to start the Solent fans forum by having him say he’s signed a new one.

46. Default O'Connor joins Gillingham on loan

Was wondering where he was lately. To my eye, he's looked a better midfielder for the u23s than Slattery or Smallbone - albeit without there being anything outstanding about any of them.

Thought he might become a decent ball-playing holding midfielder. Let's see if he can shine at Gillingham.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk