Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Contract and Injury News

Flannigan surely being released after having his contract renewed over and over whilst injured (and now being injured again most of this season). Gutting for any young player to have their career ruined before it's even really started by something like that.

Released/retain lists out. Steve Davis, Afolabi, Bradley-Green, Flannigan, Mdlalose, Rowthorn and scholars Harrison Davis, Fleary and Bartlett all released. New contract offers for Tella, Freeman, NíLundulu, Olufunwa and Norton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Released/retain lists out. Steve Davis, Afolabi, Bradley-Green, Flannigan, Mdlalose, Rowthorn and scholars Harrison Davis, Fleary and Bartlett all released. New contract offers for Tella, Freeman, N’Lundulu, Olufunwa and Norton.
    Always a shame to see young prospects leave. Hope they find good clubs & can make a good career for themselves.

Pleased to see Freeman get offered a new deal as he's had a nightmare with injuries for a young kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Always a shame to see young prospects leave. Hope they find good clubs & can make a good career for themselves.

Pleased to see Freeman get offered a new deal as he's had a nightmare with injuries for a young kid.
    Yes exactly. Other interesting things were that Alex Cull is not listed as offered a new contract so his contract length must have been longer than expected, Alex Jankewitz is listed as not having signed a pro deal and Danny Ings is not listed at all (listed on Liverpool, so suggesting permanent deal hasnít been completed yet)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Yes exactly. Other interesting things were that Alex Cull is not listed as offered a new contract so his contract length must have been longer than expected, Alex Jankewitz is listed as not having signed a pro deal and Danny Ings is not listed at all (listed on Liverpool, so suggesting permanent deal hasn’t been completed yet)
    I think Jankewitz signed with an understanding that it would role into a pro-contract.

(But that's just from memory)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I think Jankewitz signed with an understanding that it would role into a pro-contract.

(But that's just from memory)
    Imagine itís just an error as he turned 17 in December, was a three year pro deal from what I remember.

Freeman seems something of a mystery. I think he is a left back that we signed from a Scottish club (Dundee?) a couple of years ago. He does not seem to have played at all yet we are apparently offering him a new contract.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Saint View Post
    Freeman seems something of a mystery. I think he is a left back that we signed from a Scottish club (Dundee?) a couple of years ago. He does not seem to have played at all yet we are apparently offering him a new contract.
    Right-back, I believe.

From last year: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/so...bid/?rid=13925

10. Default

I have updated the opening post. For the record, here are the complete lists from the PL website

Southampton

RETAINED

Contracts
    Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
    Armstrong, Stuart
    Austin, Charlie
    Barnes, Marcus Thomas
    Bednarek, Jan
    Bertrand, Ryan
    Boufal, Sofiane
    Brennan, Sean Anthony
    Bycroft, Jack Thomas
    Carrillo, Guido Marcelo
    Clasie, Jordy
    Cull, Alexander
    El Younossi, Mohamed
    Ferry, William
    Forster, Fraser Gerard
    Freeman, Kieran (offer)
    Gallagher, Samuel James
    Gunn, Angus Fraser James
    Hale, Harlem
    Hamblin, Harry Mark
    Hansen, Kornelius Normann
    Hesketh, Jake Alexander
    Hoedt, Wesley
    Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
    Johnson, Tyreke Martin
    Jones, Alfie
    Klarer, Christoph
    Kozak, Simon
    Kpohomouh, Pascal
    Latham, Kingsley Finn
    Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
    Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
    Lewis, Harry Charles John
    Long, Shane Patrick
    McCarthy, Alex Simon
    McQueen, Samuel James
    Nlundulu, Dan (offer)
    O'Connor, Thomas James
    O'Driscoll Aaron
    Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
    Ramsay, Kayne
    Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome
    Reed, Harrison James
    Robise, Enzo
    Rose, Jack Joseph
    Sims, Joshua Samuel
    Slattery, Callum
    Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
    Stephens, Jack
    Targett, Matthew Robert
    Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
    Tella, Nathan (offer)
    Valery, Yan
    Vestergaard, Jannik
    Vidal, Oriol Romeu
    Vokins, Jake
    Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward
    Yoshida, Maya

Scholars
    Agbontohoma, David Osaretim
    Bartlett, Daniel Grahame (released)
    Braithwaite, Benjamin Smales
    Burnett, Ethan Darren
    Cluett, Ryan
    Davis, Harrison (released)
    Defise, Lucas Nsiona K
    Fleary, Taymar (released)
    Glean, Rio Kamil
    Idowu, Roland
    Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
    Keogh, Seamas
    Morris, James William
    Norton, Christian Anthony (offer contract)
    Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba (offer contract)
    Saunders, Michael
    Watts, Caleb Cassius
    Watts, Callum Neil

RELEASED (in addition to the scholars highlighted above):

Afolabi, Jonathan
    Bradley Green, Jamie
    Davis, Steven
    Flannigan, Jake
    Mdlalose, Siphesihle Thembinkosi
    Rowthorn, Ben John
    Last edited by Over land and sea; 08-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.

It's a shame for Flannigan that he had quite a few bad injuries over the last few years as he seemed quite a good prospect. I remember watching him in a friendly against Sevilla under MP and he looked very good. I'm sure all the players that have been released will forge successful careers lower down the football pyramid. Pleased to see that Freeman has been offered a new deal, like SuperSaint said like Flannigan hes had a few bad injuries of late but hopefully hes over the worst of them now. Also a name out to watch is N'Lundulu, very pleased hes been offered a new deal. Class young forward who had a great end to the season.

12. Default

Oludare Olufunwa*signs extension.

What’s the latest news on Obefami ? Any update on his injury?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Was out with a hamstring injury wasn’t he?

I imagine he will be good to go for pre-season.

Preventing it recurring will be our priority with him from there, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Very much hope to be proven wrong, but for me he will not be one of our successes. Hammy at a young age. Attitude questioned by Ralph. Very stiff in upper body. Raw speed but very little else (so far).

16. Default

Still no news on the OS about the players being released. I know they can't tell us anything we don't already know and it's not the biggest news but given some of the rubbish they cover over the summer when there is nothing to report I'd have thought it was worthy of mention as not everyone will have seen the PL website. The news also makes the OS profiles even more out of date, with a number of loan returnees to add back in. Adam Parkes was sold in January and is still listed!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Over land and sea View Post
    Still no news on the OS about the players being released. I know they can't tell us anything we don't already know and it's not the biggest news but given some of the rubbish they cover over the summer when there is nothing to report I'd have thought it was worthy of mention as not everyone will have seen the PL website. The news also makes the OS profiles even more out of date, with a number of loan returnees to add back in. Adam Parkes was sold in January and is still listed!
    Very quiet on the signing of any new scholars front too.

Normally get a few whispers of them leaving their clubs for Saints.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Good move for the lad. Always good to see them get a club quickly. Even better if it’s in the football league.