Keeping Track of the Contracts

Over land and sea

Some decisions?? If my maths is right my above list contains 44 contractual decisions by next summer, not including the swathe of youngsters ending contracts June 21, not including the 4 on longer contracts we definitely want to try and sell (Forster, Ely, Hoedt & Lamima), and not including any recruitment whatsoever.

That's quite some job He has.

What a terrible mess and all of our own making. Somebody needs to sort this out once and for all. Let's hope Mr Crocker has a ruthless streak in him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Curious what is going to happen with long. Before Coronavirus you would have assumed there would have likely been a renewal but one less wage to pay over this extended break if we don’t may tip the balance the other way.

Think we will keep long but on a lower salary.

Boufal will be let go as he will only have one year left and i can t see him signing another contract.

Moi will come back and take his place.

Forster will be sold to Celtic.

I think an agreement will be found with Carillo to tear up his last year of contract.

Lemina will be sold, hoedt as well.

Apart from that, the only position we will streghen is right back and center mid if Romeu goes back to Spain.

Danso will not bought that for sure

Think we will keep long but on a lower salary.

Boufal will be let go as he will only have one year left and i can t see him signing another contract.

Moi will come back and take his place.

Forster will be sold to Celtic.

I think an agreement will be found with Carillo to tear up his last year of contract.

Lemina will be sold, hoedt as well.

Apart from that, the only position we will streghen is right back and center mid if Romeu goes back to Spain.

Danso will not bought that for sure

ITK? Who knows with Danso - this season suggests there is no chance, but if he was available for £3/4M, would you take a risk on him? I probably would? He's only young.

I don't see any good qualities in him. "Only young" isn't a good enough reason to buy him.

I haven't seen any great qualities in him, but I don't run training. I saw very little good qualities of Stephen 2 years ago, but he's come a long way.

I don't think there is a lot between Danso and Stephens when he first came into the prem side....I'm not saying he's shown anything of a "prem" standard so far, but who knows what point he'll be at in 2 years time. A few million for a potential prem player would seem a bargain no?

I haven't seen any great qualities in him, but I don't run training. I saw very little good qualities of Stephen 2 years ago, but he's come a long way.

I don't think there is a lot between Danso and Stephens when he first came into the prem side....I'm not saying he's shown anything of a "prem" standard so far, but who knows what point he'll be at in 2 years time. A few million for a potential prem player would seem a bargain no?

Disagree, with Stephens imo it was clear from the start he was very talented. His issue has always been cutting out stupid lapses and errors.

Haven't seen anything except perhaps that one cross for Vestergaard from Danso.

Disagree, with Stephens imo it was clear from the start he was very talented. His issue has always been cutting out stupid lapses and errors.

Haven't seen anything except perhaps that one cross for Vestergaard from Danso.

Matter of opinion...I saw absolutely nothing in Stephens and think he's done ok, I'm not bought completely by him, but he had a great season this year really, he'll never be at the level of Fonte/Alderweireld though...let alone VVD.

The BBC has Long, Yoshida, Romeu, Soares and Danso definitely leaving or left (+ Walker-Peters) Seems odd to me that we would let Long go when he seems in the form of his life and his only replacements are Obafemi and Adams who are hardly setting the world alight? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52531281

A 33 year old on high wages. I can see why in the current climate they would decide against a renewal until at least there's some clarity in terms of when football will restart.

• 3 weeks later...

Released and retained lists published on PL website.  The only oddity is Harry Lewis who was out of contract but listed as retained with no indication of a contract offer - must have missed that extension or was not announced.  Hopefully once OS eventually announces the departures etc. this will be clarified.

I have updated the opening post.

Retained list

Released list

RELEASED

Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
Barnes, Marcus Thomas
Cull, Alexander
Hale, Harlem
Kozak, Simon
Norton, Christian Anthony
O'Driscoll, Aaron
Rose, Jack Joseph
Yoshida, Maya

Scholars

Cluett, Ryan

Glean, Rio Kamil

Idowu, Roland

Saunders, Michael

Watts, Callum Neil

RETAINED

Contracts
Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred
Armstrong, Stuart
Bednarek, Jan
Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander
Bertrand, Ryan
Boufal, Sofiane
Brennan, Sean Anthony
Bycroft, Jack Thomas
Carrillo, Guido Marcelo
Chauke, Kgaogelo
Djenepo, Moussa
El Younossi, Mohamed
Ferry, William
Forster, Fraser Gerard
Gunn, Angus Fraser James
Hesketh, Jake Alexander
Hoedt, Wesley
Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
Ings, Daniel William John
Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
Johnson, Tyreke Martin
Jones, Alfie Charles
Keogh, Seamas
Klarer, Christoph
Kpohomouh, Pascal
Latham, Kingsley Finn
Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
Lewis, Harry Charles John
Long, Shane Patrick
McCarthy, Alex Simon
McQueen, Samuel James
Mitchell, Ramello Dejorn
Nlundulu, Dan
O'Connor, Thomas James
Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J.
Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba (Offer)
Ramsay, Kayne
Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome
Reed, Harrison James
Robise, Enzo
Scott, Tommy John (Offer)
Sims, Joshua Samuel
Slattery, Callum
Smales Braithwaite, Benjamin
Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
Stephens, Jack
Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
Tella, Nathan (Offer)
Valery, Yan
Vestergaard, Jannik
Vidal, Oriol Romeu
Vokins Jake
Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward
Watts, Caleb Cassius

Scholars 
Agbontohoma, David Osaretim (Offer)
Bailey, Samuel James
Burnett, Ethan Darren (Extended scholarship)
Davey, Teddy Jay
Defise, Lucas Nsiona K (Offer)
Hall, Matthew Gary
Morris, James William (Offer)
Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel Jonathan
Rus, Marco
Smith, Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills
Tizzard, William James
Turner, Jack Henry
Wright, Oliver Lennon George

Edited by Over land and sea
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Oludare Olufunwa new 2yr contract signed

It does seem strange that seveal days after the released and retained lists were published by the PL, the OS still haven't mentioned anything.  Nothing to acknowledge that any players are leaving, nothing on those that have been offered new contracts and nothing to update the OS profiles.  In fact Harry Lewis must have signed a contract earlier this year because he is retained without the offer of a new contract - and that was never mentioned either. 

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised!

33 minutes ago, Over land and sea said:

It does seem strange that seveal days after the released and retained lists were published by the PL, the OS still haven't mentioned anything.  Nothing to acknowledge that any players are leaving, nothing on those that have been offered new contracts and nothing to update the OS profiles.  In fact Harry Lewis must have signed a contract earlier this year because he is retained without the offer of a new contract - and that was never mentioned either. 

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised!

Very strange.  Are they waiting on those offers to get accepted?  Can’t imagine that would be the case.

10 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Tommy Scott is friends with my daughter, he told her last week that he’s signed a contract. He’s still showing as offer. 

Perhaps because apart from Tommy, you and perhaps your daughter, no one knew about that!  Even if we assumed all those that were offered a contact signed them, we still don't know the length of the deal.

2 hours ago, Over land and sea said:

Perhaps because apart from Tommy, you and perhaps your daughter, no one knew about that!  Even if we assumed all those that were offered a contact signed them, we still don't know the length of the deal.

Sorry it wasn’t meant as a dig. Badly worded from me. Should have said nothing from the club. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

This lad looks a tremendous prospect and is clearly intelligent, hard working and determined to learn. He seems to have a very good attitude and its great that he has committed his future to the Saints. From what I've seen of him in the U23's and his debut cameo appearance against the Canaries we may have a player on our hands. Seems to be very alive to what is going on around him and against Norwich found good positions off the ball and nearly scored on his debut.

One day the Academy will produce another star and Nathan Tella might well be the one.

10 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

What happened to Jacob Maddox?  Did he go back to Chelsea?

I assume so as he was only ever brought in to play with the U23s and their season is over (as we know, Ferry, Jankewitz and Tella from the U23s are training with the first team but I'm not aware of any others). 

I doubt we'll get confirmation until the OS profiles are updated - I seem to recall that wasn't until September last year, at least for U23s/U18s.

He is on Chelsea's retained list for what it's worth. 

6 minutes ago, Over land and sea said:

I assume so as he was only ever brought in to play with the U23s and their season is over (as we know, Ferry, Jankewitz and Tella from the U23s are training with the first team but I'm not aware of any others). 

I doubt we'll get confirmation until the OS profiles are updated - I seem to recall that wasn't until September last year, at least for U23s/U18s.

Thanks mate.  Makes sense.

FWIW, I think I saw Oludare Olufunwa training this week too which makes sense with Valery’s injury. 

52 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Thanks mate.  Makes sense.

FWIW, I think I saw Oludare Olufunwa training this week too which makes sense with Valery’s injury. 

He may even make the bench.  With all those players ruled out, I make it we've only 23 fit players includung Olufunwa.  3 of those are keepers so, with a match day squad of 20, at least 2 of Jankewitz, Ferry, N'Lundulu and Olunfunwa will make the bench.

On 04/07/2020 at 09:34, Over land and sea said:

What do I know!  On the bench tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2020 at 08:19, Over land and sea said:

Released and retained lists published on PL website.  The only oddity is Harry Lewis who was out of contract but listed as retained with no indication of a contract offer - must have missed that extension or was not announced.  Hopefully once OS eventually announces the departures etc. this will be clarified.

I have updated the opening post.

Retained list

Released list

RELEASED

Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
Barnes, Marcus Thomas
Cull, Alexander
Hale, Harlem
Kozak, Simon
Norton, Christian Anthony
O'Driscoll, Aaron
Rose, Jack Joseph
Yoshida, Maya

Scholars

Cluett, Ryan

Glean, Rio Kamil

Idowu, Roland

Saunders, Michael

Watts, Callum Neil

RETAINED

Contracts
Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred
Armstrong, Stuart
Bednarek, Jan
Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander
Bertrand, Ryan
Boufal, Sofiane
Brennan, Sean Anthony
Bycroft, Jack Thomas
Carrillo, Guido Marcelo
Chauke, Kgaogelo
Djenepo, Moussa
El Younossi, Mohamed
Ferry, William
Forster, Fraser Gerard
Gunn, Angus Fraser James
Hesketh, Jake Alexander
Hoedt, Wesley
Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
Ings, Daniel William John
Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
Johnson, Tyreke Martin
Jones, Alfie Charles
Keogh, Seamas
Klarer, Christoph
Kpohomouh, Pascal
Latham, Kingsley Finn
Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
Lewis, Harry Charles John
Long, Shane Patrick
McCarthy, Alex Simon
McQueen, Samuel James
Mitchell, Ramello Dejorn
Nlundulu, Dan
O'Connor, Thomas James
Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J.
Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba (Offer)
Ramsay, Kayne
Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome
Reed, Harrison James
Robise, Enzo
Scott, Tommy John (Offer)
Sims, Joshua Samuel
Slattery, Callum
Smales Braithwaite, Benjamin
Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
Stephens, Jack
Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
Tella, Nathan (Offer)
Valery, Yan
Vestergaard, Jannik
Vidal, Oriol Romeu
Vokins Jake
Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward
Watts, Caleb Cassius

Scholars 
Agbontohoma, David Osaretim (Offer)
Bailey, Samuel James
Burnett, Ethan Darren (Extended scholarship)
Davey, Teddy Jay
Defise, Lucas Nsiona K (Offer)
Hall, Matthew Gary
Morris, James William (Offer)
Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel Jonathan
Rus, Marco
Smith, Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills
Tizzard, William James
Turner, Jack Henry
Wright, Oliver Lennon George

Thanks for this. What’s the situation with Romeu - can’t see him listed. He has one year left?

6 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

Thanks for this. What’s the situation with Romeu - can’t see him listed. He has one year left?

he's 4th from bottom on the retained list.

under Vidal, Oriol Romeu

40 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Thanks. I didn’t realise he didn’t use his actual surname as the name he goes by!

Spanish naming conventions are different to British, they use maternal and paternal names in a different way. Vidal is his mother's name, Romeu his fathers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_naming_customs

Edited by Matthew Le God

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but I honestly cant be bothered to trawl thru the messages to look for it but can someone please tell me how long these players have left on theirs contracts. Thanks in advance.

Hoedt

Carillo

Boafal

Vest

Lemina

Bit of a roll call there !

15 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but I honestly cant be bothered to trawl thru the messages to look for it but can someone please tell me how long these players have left on theirs contracts. Thanks in advance.

Hoedt

Carillo

Boafal

Vest

Lemina

It is in the opening post of the thread.

Hoedt

Carillo

Boafal

Vest

Lemina

2 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Hoedt

Carillo

Boafal

Vest

Lemina

Still in the opening post I believe... ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkswood said:

Hoedt

Carillo

Boafal

Vest

Lemina

It is updated in the opening post of this thread.

deja vu loop GIF by Cheezburger

Edited by Matthew Le God