Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 401 to 421 of 421

Thread: Keeping Track of the Contracts

  1. #401

    Default

    Seems like a good time to take stock of the squad size now that the european window has closed.

    By my reckoning we now only have 20 players over 21 years old (if you include marcus barnes) which means we've done some solid work on shifting players this window (think we started at around 35).on the face of it this means (being negative) we could have brought more in this summer, but (being positive) we have scope to be active in January (Will have 4 spaces once Sims returns).

    Of the 21 we'd currently have at season end, 5 are out of contract (long, yoshida, lewis, Cedric and barnes) and you'd think chances are they'd leave (possible exceptions being Maya and Lewis) leaving us with 16-18. Unfortunately 8 of the 9 out on season long loans will return with time left on their contracts meaning we'll start next summer at a full quota, even before adding in current u21 players who will no longer be young enough.

    So I guess good work freeing up wages and space, but actually until we shift in particular Carrillo, Ely, Lemina, hoedt and Forster on a permanent basis we'll remain somewhat hamstrung in our transfer dealings.

    Let's hope they all perform well out on loan to encourage permanent deals. I reckon we can be bold enough in January to bring in maybe 2 players guessing that of the almost 30 players we'd likely have next summer we could shift at least a couple of those easily enough (Hesketh, McQueen, Sims, reed) even if we are still lumbered with some very expensive misfits

  2. Default Barnes joins Eastleigh until January


  3. Default

    25 man squad announced on PL website. It's a 24 man squad but includes 5 players on loan, 3 of whom are on season loans. El Younossi, Carrillo, Hoedt, Jones, Reed and Rose who are also on loan are all omitted. The U21 list also incudes any U21 who is on loan.

    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

    Southampton

    25 Squad players (*Home grown)

    Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred*
    Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
    Armstrong, Stuart
    Barnes, Marcus Thomas*
    Bednarek, Jan
    Bertrand, Ryan*
    Boufal, Sofiane
    Forster, Fraser Gerard*
    Gunn, Angus Fraser James*
    Hesketh, Jake Alexander*
    Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
    Ings, Daniel William John*
    Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
    Lewis, Harry Charles John*
    Long, Shane Patrick*
    McCarthy, Alex Simon*
    McQueen, Samuel James*
    Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome*
    Sims, Joshua Samuel*
    Stephens, Jack*
    Vestergaard, Jannik
    Vidal, Oriol Romeu
    Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward*
    Yoshida, Maya

    U21 players (Contracts and Scholars)

    Agbontohoma, David Osaretim
    Bailey, Samuel James
    Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander
    Brennan, Sean Anthony
    Burnett, Ethan Darren
    Bycroft, Jack Thomas
    Chauke, Kgaogelo
    Cluett, Ryan
    Cull, Alexander
    Danso, Kevin
    Davey, Teddy Jay
    Defise, Lucas Nsiona K
    Djenepo, Moussa
    Ferry, William
    Freeman, Kieran
    Glean, Rio Kamil
    Hale, Harlem
    Hall, Matthew Gary
    Hamblin, Harry Mark
    Hansen, Kornelius Normann
    Idowu, Roland
    Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
    Johnson, Tyreke Martin
    Keogh, Seamas
    Klarer, Christoph
    Kozak, Simon
    Kpohomouh, Pascal
    Latham, Kingsley Finn
    Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
    Mitchell, Ramello Dejorn
    Morris, James William
    Nlundulu, Dan
    Norton, Christian Anthony
    O'Connor, Thomas James
    O'Driscoll, Aaron
    Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
    Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J.
    Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba
    Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel Jonathan
    Ramsay, Kayne
    Robise, Enzo
    Rus, Marco
    Saunders, Michael
    Scott, Tommy John
    Slattery, Callum
    Smales Braithwaite, Benjamin
    Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
    Smith, Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills
    Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
    Tella, Nathan
    Tizzard, William James
    Turner, Jack Henry
    Valery, Yan
    Vokins, Jake
    Watts, Caleb Cassius
    Watts, Callum Neil
    Wright, Oliver Lennon George


    Separately the squad numbers have been published including for all the U23s and many of the U21 - see separate thread on squad numbers and https://www.premierleague.com/news/1336193

  4. #404

    Default

    Sims to a RB team in US has also the intention to make him aquainted during that time to the style Hasenhüttl is playing. Because all RB teams use a somehow similar system to Southampton under RH.

  5. #405

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Over land and sea View Post
    25 man squad announced on PL website. It's a 24 man squad but includes 5 players on loan, 3 of whom are on season loans. El Younossi, Carrillo, Hoedt, Jones, Reed and Rose who are also on loan are all omitted. The U21 list also incudes any U21 who is on loan.

    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777

    Southampton

    25 Squad players (*Home grown)

    Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred*
    Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
    Armstrong, Stuart
    Barnes, Marcus Thomas*
    Bednarek, Jan
    Bertrand, Ryan*
    Boufal, Sofiane
    Forster, Fraser Gerard*
    Gunn, Angus Fraser James*
    Hesketh, Jake Alexander*
    Hojbjerg, Pierre Emile Kordt
    Ings, Daniel William John*
    Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
    Lewis, Harry Charles John*
    Long, Shane Patrick*
    McCarthy, Alex Simon*
    McQueen, Samuel James*
    Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome*
    Sims, Joshua Samuel*
    Stephens, Jack*
    Vestergaard, Jannik
    Vidal, Oriol Romeu
    Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward*
    Yoshida, Maya

    U21 players (Contracts and Scholars)

    Agbontohoma, David Osaretim
    Bailey, Samuel James
    Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander
    Brennan, Sean Anthony
    Burnett, Ethan Darren
    Bycroft, Jack Thomas
    Chauke, Kgaogelo
    Cluett, Ryan
    Cull, Alexander
    Danso, Kevin
    Davey, Teddy Jay
    Defise, Lucas Nsiona K
    Djenepo, Moussa
    Ferry, William
    Freeman, Kieran
    Glean, Rio Kamil
    Hale, Harlem
    Hall, Matthew Gary
    Hamblin, Harry Mark
    Hansen, Kornelius Normann
    Idowu, Roland
    Jankewitz, Alexandre Tounde Dimitri
    Johnson, Tyreke Martin
    Keogh, Seamas
    Klarer, Christoph
    Kozak, Simon
    Kpohomouh, Pascal
    Latham, Kingsley Finn
    Ledwidge, Kameron Malcolm
    Mitchell, Ramello Dejorn
    Morris, James William
    Nlundulu, Dan
    Norton, Christian Anthony
    O'Connor, Thomas James
    O'Driscoll, Aaron
    Obafemi, Michael Oluwadurotimi
    Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J.
    Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba
    Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel Jonathan
    Ramsay, Kayne
    Robise, Enzo
    Rus, Marco
    Saunders, Michael
    Scott, Tommy John
    Slattery, Callum
    Smales Braithwaite, Benjamin
    Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick
    Smith, Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills
    Tchaptchet, Wandja Allan
    Tella, Nathan
    Tizzard, William James
    Turner, Jack Henry
    Valery, Yan
    Vokins, Jake
    Watts, Caleb Cassius
    Watts, Callum Neil
    Wright, Oliver Lennon George


    Separately the squad numbers have been published including for all the U23s and many of the U21 - see separate thread on squad numbers and https://www.premierleague.com/news/1336193
    Question : why are Forster and Sims in the 25 man squad when they are already out on loan ??
    Also is Adams really - Che, Sac, Everton, Fred

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post
    Question : why are Forster and Sims in the 25 man squad when they are already out on loan ??
    Also is Adams really - Che, Sac, Everton, Fred
    Is it because they have recall clauses?

  7. #407

    Default

    Sims should be back in November after a short loan, so he'll be available to play right away, rather than having to wait until January.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  8. Default

    Perhaps it's to do with the terms of the loan - whether there is any possibility of a recall. There are 11 over 21s out on loan so 5 had to be omitted to get the number down to 25 - we decided to omit 6 to give us a 24 man squad. Since Sims and Barnes are on half season loans that made more likely candidates to include (though we get the chance to update the list in January so still doesn't seem strictly necessary). But what the thinking was for choosing to include Lemina, Forster and Hesketh and omit Reed, Hoedt, Elyounoussi, Carillo, Jones and Reed, is not clear. I don't think it can be how close to the deadline the loans were agreed because Hoedt's was one of the last to be agreed.

  9. #409

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    100 miles south-east of Newport
    Posts
    28,787
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post
    Question : why are Forster and Sims in the 25 man squad when they are already out on loan ??
    Also is Adams really - Che, Sac, Everton, Fred
    He's actually Che Zach Everton Fred Adams, so at least we know who'll be signing him if he's very good but not brilliant.

  10. Default N'Lundulu seals two-year extension


  11. #411

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Ralph was quite impatient with the PR who asked questions about contracts for Cedric & Hoj at the end of the season - I am only focused on staying in this league, (sic) if we do this than we can talk about contracts etc.

    Of course his own contract is up at the end of the season as well, just thinking out loud or a slip of the tongue. Seems he'll be heading off one way or another.

  12. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Ralph was quite impatient with the PR who asked questions about contracts for Cedric & Hoj at the end of the season - I am only focused on staying in this league, (sic) if we do this than we can talk about contracts etc.

    Of course his own contract is up at the end of the season as well, just thinking out loud or a slip of the tongue. Seems he'll be heading off one way or another.
    Ralph’s contract is up at the End of next season not this season.




  13. #416

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    The turn over of young kids now is astonishing, these two lads are obviously our latest hotshots and of course their rise puts pressure on the lads still trying to get a place on the bench for the first team. Time is not on the side of the Sims, Ramsey, Slattery generation. Seemingly Klarer's loan to an Austrian team could be a one-way ticket to oblivion. Another lad full of promise who didn't make it here.

    What worries me about this new breed is their apparent lack of passion evident in the Olaigbe video when he was given hi first pro-contract, almost as 'though he expected to get it anyway wherever he was and that getting it at Saints has no special meaning for him. I guess if he becomes star he'll be off at the drop of a wallet. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but that's the message I'm getting.

  14. #417

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    The turn over of young kids now is astonishing, these two lads are obviously our latest hotshots and of course their rise puts pressure on the lads still trying to get a place on the bench for the first team. Time is not on the side of the Sims, Ramsey, Slattery generation. Seemingly Klarer's loan to an Austrian team could be a one-way ticket to oblivion. Another lad full of promise who didn't make it here.
    Think you are misreading the Klarer loan. Exactly what he needs for development. At 19 he is not going to break into our first team for a while. Loans to lower level leagues are designed to toughen him up and experience playing regular competitive football. Obviously going to Austria allows him to be close to family, its not easy for young kids to live so far away from home for so long. Reckon he will be here for a few years yet, maybe in a couple of years we will see him beginning to make inroads to the 1st team.

  15. Default Ferry pens two-year contract extension


  16. #419

    Default

    Kieran Freeman has left at the end of his contract also to rejoin Dundee Utd, had two bad knee injuries in his time here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Kieran Freeman has left at the end of his contract also to rejoin Dundee Utd, had two bad knee injuries in his time here.
    Really bad injuries. Hope he gets back on track up there.

  18. #421

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Think you are misreading the Klarer loan. Exactly what he needs for development. At 19 he is not going to break into our first team for a while. Loans to lower level leagues are designed to toughen him up and experience playing regular competitive football. Obviously going to Austria allows him to be close to family, its not easy for young kids to live so far away from home for so long. Reckon he will be here for a few years yet, maybe in a couple of years we will see him beginning to make inroads to the 1st team.
    All of what you say may be true and I hope you are right. There has been a change of leadership at the academy at all levels and the new coaches may see things quite differently to their predecessors, who let's face were not very successful in recruiting and nurturing young players to PL standards. There is also the need not to cause a log jam at the U23 level so players have to be moved on in one way or another after a season or two. Of course it is not easy for the club to make the right calls every time - who to keep or who to move on.

    I've watched Klarer quite a few times, he seems mostly solid and steady but makes mistakes and shows few signs of becoming a super star. Will he be any better than what we have here already remain a mute point?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •