Keeping Track of the Contracts

Over land and sea

Why was the sticky removed from this thread? Such a good reference point, and excellent,y maintained by OLAS. Will be plenty of amendments with the transfer window ahead I'd imagine so can we have the sticky back, please?

Agreed.

Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce that 19-year-old defender Tom O'Connor has signed a two-year contract extension, keeping him at St Mary's until June 2021.

O'Connor, who is enjoying a fine season as part of Radhi Jaïdi's Under-23s, has taken on the captain's armband this season, as well as a new role at centre-half, having first joined the academy in 2015.

A Kilkenny native, the teenager has represented the Republic of Ireland at youth level, and is excited about the proposition of continuing his career at Southampton, having seen young talent thrive recently under the stewardship of manager Ralph Hasenhüttl.

"It feels really good," the Irishman began. "I've been here nearly five years now, and I've enjoyed every moment. I'm delighted to sign a new deal and hopefully I can keep improving.

"My target was always to reach the first team. The next step is the most difficult step, but I'm working towards it.

"Seeing all the academy graduate names on the teamsheet recently gives you a great boost and shows that the new manager really values young players.

"You know if you're performing, and working hard, you have a chance of being noticed."

Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-01-11/tom-oconnor-contract-extension-southampton-june-2021

• 2 weeks later...
Tom O'Connor is a real prospect in midfield and will push one or two of our current first teamers aside given the chance.

Looks far better at CB imo. Good positioning and excellent on the ball. I'm surprised he hasn't made the first team yet to be honest.

The Hornets have added to their Under-23 ranks with the signing of goalkeeper Adam Parkes from Southampton.

The 19-year-old, who has previously been capped by England Under-17s, joins Watford until the end of this season.

Parkes had been with Southampton since the age of 10 and signed his first professional contract at St Mary's in December 2016.

Source: https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/under-23s/under-23-hornets-sign-saints-keeper

Loan or permanent ?

Not sure. Odd as his contract with us is up at the end of the season.

Update: OS says it's permanent

19-year-old Adam Parkes, who has been with Southampton since the age of ten, has today made a permanent switch to fellow Premier League side Watford.

The Weymouth-born goalkeeper signed his first professional deal in 2016, which was due to expire in June, and will now continue his development with The Hornets' Under-23s squad.

Elsewhere, Under-23s midfielder Ben Rowthorn has joined National League South side Truro City, based in Cornwall, on loan until the end of the season.

Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-01-23/transfer-adam-parkes-southampton-watford-ben-rowthorn

Edited by SuperSAINT

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC are pleased to announce that 20-year-old goalkeeper Kingsley Latham has signed a one-year contract extension!

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-02-05/kingsley-latham-contract-extension-southampton-fc

Getting closer to the club's dream of being able to field an entire XI of goalkeepers. Is that nine or ten on the books now from u18s up?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Getting closer to the club's dream of being able to field an entire XI of goalkeepers. Is that nine or ten on the books now from u18s up?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Too bloody true and what's more they all add to the bloody wage bill. Perhaps we make more money being a rent-a-mob business?

• 2 weeks later...
Tom O'Connor is a real prospect in midfield and will push one or two of our current first teamers aside given the chance.

I watched him a few times a year or so back and thought he looked distinctly average.

Just goes to show what a poor judge of a player I am and really good news that he has come on a pace in the past year or so

I watched him a few times a year or so back and thought he looked distinctly average.

Just goes to show what a poor judge of a player I am and really good news that he has come on a pace in the past year or so

He has largely been converted to a CB anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
2 down. 2 to go.

(The other 2 might be much more trickier)

No rush, both contracted until 2021. Personally I'd leave both for 9 months before worrying about them.

Looking at who's due to be out of contract by 2020, I don't think we have any first team pros to worry about at all now to be honest, can let them run out and leave if we can't sell so work here for first team is pretty much done. Quite a few youngsters to sort once we've decided on whether to keep, with sims and slattery at the top of that list (would assume we do) but would make sense to leave those two until the summer.

This is one area where the club have managed things reasonably well, though perhaps too well with some of the contracts for people we don't want or need. Hoedt could be here another 3 years! Ely, Forster, guido, maybe boufal ... Won't be losing any players on a free, so making on potential fees, but when you see the salaries going out for years on people we want shot of, makes you wonder which is the lesser of those evils.

If we let Redmond and Hojbjerg's contracts run for nearly another year before worryig about them then I can almost guarentee that they won't sign a new one and we would be forced to sell next summer for a knockdown fee to avoid them leaving for free.

3 years through a 5 year deal is absolutely the right time to extend, these are good players who would be wanted elsewhere and as much as anything it preserves their value.

If they aren't going to extend then this summer is the best time to sell them, as per our business model.

Its one thing signing Obafemi or Valery, will be interesting to see if we can persuade any more established quality players that Saints is the right club for them for a couple more years. Hasenhuttl is our only real selling point at the moment.

If we let Redmond and Hojbjerg's contracts run for nearly another year before worryig about them then I can almost guarentee that they won't sign a new one and we would be forced to sell next summer for a knockdown fee to avoid them leaving for free.

3 years through a 5 year deal is absolutely the right time to extend, these are good players who would be wanted elsewhere and as much as anything it preserves their value.

If they aren't going to extend then this summer is the best time to sell them, as per our business model.

Its one thing signing Obafemi or Valery, will be interesting to see if we can persuade any more established quality players that Saints is the right club for them for a couple more years. Hasenhuttl is our only real selling point at the moment.

I'd agree. Especially as, IIRC Redmond was letting his contract run-down at Norwich before joining us.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like Jonathan Afolabi might be following the Ryan Seager route & departing. He's appearing for Millwall U23's as a trialist.

A shame, he did well when filling in for Obafemi when I've seen some of the U23's.

Good luck to him.

Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/02/southamptons-jonathan-afolabi-appears-to-have-joined-millwall-on/

Sounds like Jonathan Afolabi might be following the Ryan Seager route & departing. He's appearing for Millwall U23's as a trialist.

A shame, he did well when filling in for Obafemi when I've seen some of the U23's.

Good luck to him.

Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/02/southamptons-jonathan-afolabi-appears-to-have-joined-millwall-on/

I'm a bit surprised that Afolabi has gone out on trial simply because I've always regarded him as a great young talent. Always been impressed with him when watching the under 23s. Perhaps the club feel there are other options emerging from within the academy.

• 1 month later...

The deadline for submitting retained lists to the Premier League is today (third Saturday in May), unless a club is involved in the FA Cup, Champions League or Europa League. That doesn't mean the list needs to be made public yet. The PL will publish all retained lists on its website by the second Saturday in June. Last year we announced our list on the OS at the end of May.

So far we know that Harrison Davis (from his Twitter) and Steven Davis (signed by Rangers) are definitely being released. There are quite a few others out of contract (see opening post).

The deadline for submitting retained lists to the Premier League is today (third Saturday in May), unless a club is involved in the FA Cup, Champions League or Europa League. That doesn't mean the list needs to be made public yet. The PL will publish all retained lists on its website by the second Saturday in June. Last year we announced our list on the OS at the end of May.

So far we know that Harrison Davis (from his Twitter) and Steven Davis (signed by Rangers) are definitely being released. There are quite a few others out of contract (see opening post).

Do you mean Harrison Reed?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, but he might turn out to be another Nicky Banger. He's got to do a lot more to prove he's a "success story."

That applies to everyone.

Reassuring to know that SFC fans are such positive optimists.

(not)

The way I read his tweet was that he was thanking Blackburn Rovers fans

• 2 weeks later...
Jonathan Afolabi apparently leaving after turning down a new deal.

Possibly, or maybe they are just sexing up the story of him leaving. He was on trial at Millwall in early April which is usually a sign that we are letting him go.