The Open

Wade Garrett

Wouldn't put any money on Tiger or Leftie, but think the latter will give a good showing.

It looks as if it will be all about staying out of the rough.

Brandon Grace should show well, is returning to form, think too many of the Brits have been on the beach this year and not played enough golf in the run up - Westie, Rory and to an extent Rose.

Taking a look at Driving Accuracy then the names in the top 20 worth looking out for are GMac & Molinari

Sneaking suspicion that GMac or Casey could actually win it real outsider? Joost Luiten if his short game hangs together in the pressure cooker.

Yeah I'll take GMac & Joost each way

PHIL! Will you stop with your bloody golf stories!

Oh... wait, hang on a minute.

Carry on Phil. This is the right place for it.

Did you know...

Marshalling of the fans at The British Open is assigned to individual Golf Clubs around the country, They are then allocated one hole to Marshall. So the volunteers spend 5 days (inc pro-am) in the same spot.

An un-named genius pointed out that the lack of continuity in the close support of the players can arise in issues and the European Tour subsequently introduced roving senior Marshalls to stay with the "Big Name" groups.

The un-named genius was paid his body weight in Heineken and was extremely happy with that deal.

Wouldn't put any money on Tiger or Leftie, but think the latter will give a good showing.

Apparently PM has ditched his driver this week and is carrying 5, yes 5, wedges. May well be worth a cheeky e/w bet if he can keep it on the short stuff off the tee.

Apparently PM has ditched his driver this week and is carrying 5, yes 5, wedges. May well be worth a cheeky e/w bet if he can keep it on the short stuff off the tee.

They can hit an Iron 280-300 yards. Their problems if they take a driver will be running out of / off the fairways. Think a lot of players will be doing this. Stenson hardly used his in the Scottish Open until the last few holes & his round fell to pieces. Tiger won at Holiake and only hit one Driver all week, press stuff shows he is planning the same.

Drivers will probably only come out if it gets very windy.

Leftie has history against him, nobody has ever won the Open after winning The Scottish Open - Kinda like the par 3 curse at Augusta.

Looking forward to it, will be a great weekend flicking between the golf & the Cricket from Lords

Did you know...

Marshalling of the fans at The British Open is assigned to individual Golf Clubs around the country, They are then allocated one hole to Marshall. So the volunteers spend 5 days (inc pro-am) in the same spot.

An un-named genius pointed out that the lack of continuity in the close support of the players can arise in issues and the European Tour subsequently introduced roving senior Marshalls to stay with the "Big Name" groups.

The un-named genius was paid his body weight in Heineken and was extremely happy with that deal.

I assume the un-named genius would be Eric? per chance...Can't think of any other:p

Jeez for once that is looking like a golf course I wouldn't want to play on (in today's conditions that is!)

Afternoon guys clinging on to be +1 will be a good score out there.

Lois retired hurt so one bet down already

And Rory, see what happens when you ditch Dubai (Jumeira) - Karma comes back to bite you. Oh and give the sh@gging a rest and practice your golf for a while.

(Oh and loved watching my mate FAIL and see the ball come back behind him into the krud. Reminded me of me)

Hmm lot of us have had an epic fail on the virtual gambling stakes then :facepalm:

But it is nicely set up with the cream making their way into contention.

God I'd love to see Miguel win it. A true example of how Elite Sports Science doesn't always work (And hope for those of us who believe a couple of Bottles of Rioja are the meaning of life) :)

But he won't....

Busy day ahead with the lads coming round for a long Brunch & switching between Golf & Cricket before firing up the Karaoke machine this evening.. Will we get Eric sloshed enough to have a go? Better chance of that than Miguel hanging on methinks.

Jeez for once that is looking like a golf course I wouldn't want to play on (in today's conditions that is!)

Afternoon guys clinging on to be +1 will be a good score out there.

Lois retired hurt so one bet down already

And Rory, see what happens when you ditch Dubai (Jumeira) - Karma comes back to bite you. Oh and give the sh@gging a rest and practice your golf for a while.

(Oh and loved watching my mate FAIL and see the ball come back behind him into the krud. Reminded me of me)

McIlroy - classic case of "if it ain't bust don't fix it"

McIlroy - classic case of "if it ain't bust don't fix it"

So, you're gonna pay me 65 million, and all I have to do is throw away my golf clubs....

Kinda up there with Hey honey I went to the market and swapped our life savings for these magic beans as a line.

Hell, we'd have all done it, especially when you're an ugly MoFo and have a (reasonably) Hot Blonde to keep in Gucci

They can hit an Iron 280-300 yards. Their problems if they take a driver will be running out of / off the fairways. Think a lot of players will be doing this. Stenson hardly used his in the Scottish Open until the last few holes & his round fell to pieces. Tiger won at Holiake and only hit one Driver all week, press stuff shows he is planning the same.

Drivers will probably only come out if it gets very windy.

Leftie has history against him, nobody has ever won the Open after winning The Scottish Open - Kinda like the par 3 curse at Augusta.

Looking forward to it, will be a great weekend flicking between the golf & the Cricket from Lords

And that is why I live in a country where you cannot gamble.....

Well done to the guy, he's a fantastic Ambassador - ie a decent bloke when he needs to be and if a Brit couldn't do it I'm happy it's him