SWF Worldwide Football

Glasgow_Saint

As a lot of you know............ I watch loads of football and not just the EPL. How many leagues/countries do we have covered on SWF?

Angola = Philippinesaint

Argentina = syd_barrett_saint

Australia = skintsaint

Brazil = Glasgow_saint, The9

Chile = Glasgow_saint, Turkish

Denmark = Dig Dig

France = Turkish

Germany = The9, 100% saint

Greece = Turkish

Holland = amsterdam, Saint Martini

Iceland = Dig Dig

Ireland = Downthe36

Italy = Wrensup, The9, Bananaman, saints_is_the_south

Japan = Glasgow_saint & Tokyo Saint, Brisolsaint

New Zealand = NZ Saint

Niue = Wrensup

Norway = Datsaint

Peruvian = holepuncture

Poland = Dig Dig

South Africa = dan abnormal, Convict Colony

Scottish = Glasgow_saint, Turkish, 100% saint, Bristolsaint

Spain = 100% saint

Sweden = david in sweden, Saint Martini

Thailand = The9, Right Sider

Turkey = Turkish

UAE = holepunture

Ukraine = saint charlie

USA = The9, socal saint

Which leagues do you watch regularly?

world_flags.jpg

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

As a lot of you know............ I watch loads of football and not just the EPL. How many leagues/countries do we have covered on SWF?

Peruvian league - holepuncture

Scottish Leagues - Glasgow_saint

Brazilian Leagues - Glasgow_saint

Sedish leagues - david in sweden

Japanese Leagues - Glasgow_saint & Tokyo Saint

Yes but do we believe you Glasgow?

I've been watching the following during the close season :

CONCACAF Gold Cup (every match, every goal, can't remember any of it)

Brazilian League (the voiceover bloke is annoying)

MLS (USA, live and highlights, terrible defending)

Copa Libertadores (CONMEBOL South American CL, they love a colour clash)

Asian Football (AFC World Cup Qualifiers highlights, hence knowing Lebanon's kit looks like Saints')

Friendlies for Thailand, Indonesia, South China FC (Hong Kong), Bayern Munich, Dortmund, and an A-League All Star team, and probably some others

Bundesliga and Serie A reviews

Euro U20s and U19s Championships

Women's terrible football nonsense

I've also become quite au fait with Gwent-based non-league football in the past couple of months due to a frenzy on the FM13 editor.

I've been watching the following during the close season :

CONCACAF Gold Cup (every match, every goal, can't remember any of it)

Brazilian League (the voiceover bloke is annoying)

MLS (USA, live and highlights, terrible defending)

Copa Libertadores (CONMEBOL South American CL, they love a colour clash)

Asian Football (AFC World Cup Qualifiers highlights, hence knowing Lebanon's kit looks like Saints')

Friendlies for Thailand, Indonesia, South China FC (Hong Kong), Bayern Munich, Dortmund, and an A-League All Star team, and probably some others

Bundesliga and Serie A reviews

Euro U20s and U19s Championships

Women's terrible football nonsense

I've also become quite au fait with Gwent-based non-league football in the past couple of months due to a frenzy on the FM13 editor.

bloomin heck - adding you to the ITK list for Germany, Italy, Brazil, Thailand and USA!

Nice work

bloomin heck - adding you to the ITK list for Germany, Italy, Brazil, Thailand and USA!

Nice work

May as well not bother, ESPN isn't free on Virgin Media after today because it becomes part of BT Sport tomorrow, literally every one of those shows except the Women's rubbish and a few of the friendlies was on ESPN. God knows what crap I'm going to stuff the planner full of now.

Helps for player reviews 110%. if they are good on FM then 9.5/10 they are good in real life

In that case - and whisper it quietly in case MLG finds out - I know Miles Jacobson, and he always gives me the stats on every single player in the game. So you can put me down for every league in the game. And then everyone knows that I am 110% helpful about 9.5/10 players.

I used to watch the Eredivisie a fair bit (followed Utrecht a bit). Now have moved to Nairobi so am watching a bit of the KPL before deciding which team to follow; AFC Leopards are local and have a great name, but Tusker FC are named after the best beer...

world_flags.jpg

Glasgow, are you still going to head up the scouting report committee for the far and wide reaching SWF international community?

Other than my Peruvian responsibilities, I will also be taking in a wealth of United Arab Emirates UAE Pro-League games, I will be following Papa Waigo at Al-Ettifaq Club (نادي الاتفاق) with interest.

I do not watch any other leagues, but feel I should.

It's a bit like saying "we really must go to the theatre more often" every decade.

I quite like the idea of becoming a bit of a nerd on an obscure, but easy to watch league. Any suggestions?

well yes, Glasgow, I do keep an eye on the Swedish football scene...after a fashion,

...but to be honest, much of the bottom end of Allsvenskan (Prem.)and Superettan (NPC) is little better than L1......or worse.

Still ....with lovely summer weather most games are a pleasant diversion / distraction........

However, we should be careful, one contributor recently criticised the idea that we discuss clubs in the South and West:rule1:

Edited by david in sweden

Yeah aside from the obvious I also watch the Premier League here in SA, especially the Soweto derbies between Kaiser Chiefs v Orlando Pirates.

I also randomly watched Eng v South Africa years ago when Beckham had his cornrows hairstyle in Durban, was there chilling so went along and stood with the home fans, they were going mental every time they passed the half way line, no vuvusala's that I can remember then either so it was decent.

david_beckham.jpeg

well yes, Glasgow, I do keep an eye on the Swedish football scene...after a fashion,

...but to be honest, much of the bottom end of Allsvenskan (Prem.)and Superettan (NPC) is little better than L1......or worse.

Still ....with lovely summer weather most games are a pleasant diversion / distraction........

However, we should be careful, one contributor recently criticised the idea that we discuss clubs in the South and West:rule1:

I have been to Sweden a few times - have friends that live in Vaxjo! not seen any football in Sweden but did watch the vaxjo lakers a few times

I do not watch any other leagues, but feel I should.

It's a bit like saying "we really must go to the theatre more often" every decade.

I quite like the idea of becoming a bit of a nerd on an obscure, but easy to watch league. Any suggestions?

Pap, can i suggest the Turkish, Greek and/or Swiss leagues? We have gaps to fill here

I'll take the Greek league too as the Greek Islands are one of my most favourite holiday destinations, I've been to George's restaurant in town a couple of times and always had a soft sport for Olympiakos.

Better give me the Turkish league as well I guess.