Mayuka loan to Wigan??

angelman

I would say a 3 month loan would be ideal give him some regular football, hopefully score 4-5 goals in 10-12 games, come back confident and fit, which can hopefully help his development long term, and were gain from this 2nd half of the season.

Sounds all too football manager to me.

He would have to get into the team first, settle and score goals immediately

If true then Wigan wouldnt be too shabby a place to go under a decent manager as well, Coyle seemed to get Daniel Sturridge firing on all cylinders. Mayuka just needs game time, and going on the questions about formations and the like he was asking Jos when sat behind me at the Llagostera game he needs just a little guidance too. He is still only a youngster in the grand scheme of things.

I wont say I told you so but I did, another ****e Cortese signing, this combo of Leslie and Nicky buying is akin to a child buying at a weapons defence seminar...................

Clearly don't know what they are doing. To be honest the club hasn't improved under them...

Or have we moved forward every transfer window since they arrived?

If they are clueless god help the other 91 clubs!

Seesm highly unlikely when we are already short in this department.

That hasn't prevented us in loaning out players who havn't been seen as good enough before even when we lack depth in the position. Seaborne and Martin being loaned out last year for example.

Pretty confident he wont move without replacements. Though from what I have seen of Isgrove he looks v good and confident

I also think Isgrove could step up, but am worried that if he gets smacked up by the wrong big hairy-arsed central defender, he might take a massive step backwards in the confidence department.

He is not a season-long solution at this time, I think.

Really frustrating that we seem to struggle to capture our target players.

I also think Isgrove could step up, but am worried that if he gets smacked up by the wrong big hairy-arsed central defender, he might take a massive step backwards in the confidence department.

At the risk of taking the thread off topic, it's probably due to the types of player we are going for. We cannot offer European football or instant glory, only a vision for the future. For many of the targets we are looking at that will put them off. A Brazilian international like Damiao being linked here rather then the likes of Spurs or one of the bigger Italian teams could be considered a reality check.

I hope Isgrove can make it. Memories of that pre-season game v Kettering a few years ago stick with me, he was easily the best player on the park. So pleased to see him progress.

Took a chance on Mayuka, I certainly havnt seen enough of him TBH but the little I have seen I havn't been overly impressed TBH.

Hopefully a spell on loan will do him good and we will see why he has generated a decent name for himself

We took a chance on Forren and Ramirez as well.................

We took a chance on Forren and Ramirez as well.................

He may still deliver. Looking back at the goals DVD of last year it's easy to forget his contribution at times. He was important for us last year and will hopefully build on it.

What surprised me about Isgrove - who has impressed me both times I've seen him feature - is that he only got a one year deal when Chambers, Stephens and others got 4. Even Gape and Rowe, who aren't close to the first XI yet, got 2 year deals I think. Anyone ITK?

What surprised me about Isgrove - who has impressed me both times I've seen him feature - is that he only got a one year deal when Chambers, Stephens and others got 4. Even Gape and Rowe, who aren't close to the first XI yet, got 2 year deals I think. Anyone ITK?

I can only think his stature plays against him. He's as strong as an ox, but not particularly tall.

I thought this too, but maybe it is his age - he's 20 when compared to the others who are 17/18. I know that is still ridiculously young and we only have to look at someone like Callum McManaman who broke into Wigan first team, aged 21, but there could be a feeling among the Saints management team that he needs to start demonstrating his potential very soon and that a longer-term contract would be too much of a risk if he fails to achieve. I think he had a few injury problems last season so they might be mindful of that as well.

No doubt that Cortese will sign him up for a long-term deal if he starts performing regularly in the Prem, he has always been pro-active in that regard.

I wont say I told you so but I did, another ****e Cortese signing, this combo of Leslie and Nicky buying is akin to a child buying at a weapons defence seminar...................

You've never successfully told anyone, anything, ever, unless we are counting BS.

I really want to see Mayuka come good, but being honest, on what I have seen so far I don't think he has the positional nous to make it in this league. Shame but was a good risk to take on him as he came so highly rated after the African tourney.

Loan him to Wigan or other passing footie team is a good shout, then we have the option of having him back if he can figure his game out and regularly get amongst the goals.

You've never successfully told anyone, anything, ever, unless we are counting BS.

this.

On topic though, I would like to see Mayuka given a bigger chance this season as think he could become a good player but obviously if we do sign another his chances will be even more limited than last year. If that is the case I definitely think a loan to a team like Wigan would be a good move for all concerned

I know we have been over this a thousand times, but don't nearly all teams have difficulties prizing away decent players from other clubs at the price they want to pay? I mean there's a small side in Madrid that seem to be having a little spot of bother getting that Bale kid. All very frustrating I imagine. Why don't thy just give Spurs whatever they want and just be done with it?

If the two clubs valuation of a player match then deals have a chance as they did with our targets Lovren and Wanyama. besides, these signings show that we don't always struggle to capture are targeted players.

Lots of hype over McManaman because he's quick, runs at players. Didn't necessarily see a lot of football brain last year in some of the stuff he did, lots of running for the sake of it.

He'll learn though I'm sure, clearly a good player, but I think another season of NPC football will be a better bet for him.

Ince is a much better player fwiw, and he's not even ''amazingly'' good.

I know we have been over this a thousand times, but don't nearly all teams have difficulties prizing away decent players from other clubs at the price they want to pay? I mean there's a small side in Madrid that seem to be having a little spot of bother getting that Bale kid. All very frustrating I imagine. Why don't thy just give Spurs whatever they want and just be done with it?

If the two clubs valuation of a player match then deals have a chance as they did with our targets Lovren and Wanyama. besides, these signings show that we don't always struggle to capture are targeted players.

Were they our first choice targets?

Were they our first choice targets?

how would I know? We got them quite early in the window, so that might suggest yes, but I think the term `targets' was used by Alpine rather than `first choice targets'.

Hang on, Barry, do you not rate the clubs transfer dealings?

This is totally new information to me.

Lovren like all other posters on here simply dont know so reserved but Lyon wanted shot of him and other larger clubs did not officially bid so make up your own mind, Wanyama is a good signing but we did get our pants pulled down over the price.

We are tight when we shouldn't be and get ripped off when we shouldn't be.

Mayuka

Lee

Ramirez

Wanyama

Forren

The list ever grows.

Lovren like all other posters on here simply dont know so reserved but Lyon wanted shot of him and other larger clubs did not officially bid so make up your own mind,
that worries me also. It seemed a lot of money for a player they didn't seem to rate.

Lovren like all other posters on here simply dont know so reserved but Lyon wanted shot of him and other larger clubs did not officially bid so make up your own mind, Wanyama is a good signing but we did get our pants pulled down over the price.

We are tight when we shouldn't be and get ripped off when we shouldn't be.

Mayuka

Lee

Ramirez

Wanyama

Forren

The list ever grows.

Add Schneiderlin to that list! We paid £1.2million for him (a lot of money for us at the time) he wasn't great in his first season, therefore we were definitely ripped off...