Rickie Lambert called up for England

Saint-Armstrong

Smirking saint will be happy!

I'm pretty sure he will be as this doesn't have anything to do with his role at Saints - he's probably more suited to England's preferred set up, and he'll probably also make the point that Hodgson has run out of other options - Hodgson himself said Carroll and Sturridge are ahead of Lambert even when trying to praise him.

Nick Collins on SSN

"Wonderful story, 31 years old, triumphant season with Southampton last year", blah blah, reinterpreted Hodgson's interview above as "chose him because every time he's gone up a level he's coped".

Smirking saint will be happy!

You cheeky chappy !!

No I am genuinely happy for the guy, I did say in the latest round of threads on the subject if he was ever to get a call up it would be now. You know my thoughts on his inclusion etc so Im not going to comment, plus in this instance there was nobody else.

Dissapointed Cork didnt get the nod mind.

But anyway, V well done Rickie

@jordansibley: His England call up isn't the only bit of good news Rickie has had today, his partner gave birth to daughter Bella Rose @ 4.30 this morning!

Completes the fairy story so richly deserved.

Unfortunate choice of name. I always think people named Bella are going to be fatties. Probably Bella Emberg's doing.

Edited by buctootim

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

There are so many wnkrs playing pl football that it makes a refreshing change for an all round good guy to gain the success he deserves.

He never gave up when he was knocked back, kept improving, got his head down to be the best he could and I am chuffed to bits for him.

Well done Rickie you deserve it.

Usually your points are worth reading, but when Lambert is involved you turn into a right arse dont you?:lol: not even a congratulations from you either, just strange.
'The9"'s views and reaction to Lambert is seriously weird for a Saints fan. Once saw him post that he was "ambivalent" towards him :lol:

Pleased that hes got the recognition we all know he deserves, but we also all know its a PR stunt to deflect negative attention away from Woy and the FA. Woy went on record and said Rickie is the wrong type of player for the system he wants to play. Also he wouldnt be there if Andy Carroll was fit.

I doubt he'll get on the pitch.

Pleased that hes got the recognition we all know he deserves, but we also all know its a PR stunt to deflect negative attention away from Woy and the FA. Woy went on record and said Rickie is the wrong type of player for the system he wants to play. Also he wouldnt be there if Andy Carroll was fit.

It's not a "PR stunt" for f**ks sake.

Picking a player half the country has never heard of is a effing sh ite publicity stunt.

Good job it isn't one, isn't it?

Picking a player half the country has never heard of is a effing sh ite publicity stunt.

Good job it isn't one, isn't it?

Codswallop.

Almost every tabloid reporting on Woys striker dilemma over the past week has sneered at his persistent overlooking of Rickie.

And top-scoring Englishman in the PL last season tends to make people wake up to who you are.

For all those claiming its not a PR stunt, Rickie could score a hat-trick against the sweaties and he will still be dropped as soon as the likes of Carroll are fit.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})