Rickie Lambert called up for England

Saint-Armstrong

Yeah, there's some cracking photos there that catch the man in full flow, doing what he does best,

so out of all to choose from Sky plumped for this one

35cpk7k.jpg

couldn't have been a bitter little sk:mcinnes:te could it? :p

I guess they looked for photo's tagged "Lambert" & "Surprised".

About time the England set up started picking inform non premadonnas that have shown heart and passion and want to make a difference to England and be given a chance,yes there are striker issues but there always has been and good honest players with a great deal to offer often get overlooked because of the club they play for and thats unacceptable , we all want our national team to do well so lets get behind this fantastic news .................wel done to the lad.

I think the quotes from Hodgsen are disrespectful to Lambert, and the fact that he chose 2 crocked players proves the lack of options. He says he worked hard for this, fair enough, but where was the need to state that he only got this call up because of injuries and that he would have called the likes of Carroll and sturridge up ahead of him? Never heard that after the squad has been announced.

It's exactly what he said when asked why he hadn't picked Holt and Lambert on Goals on Sunday about 2 months ago, to be fair. He clearly doesn't rate him above about 6th choice and is only picking him because of all the injuries and the limited nature of the opposition.

About time the England set up started picking inform non premadonnas that have shown heart and passion and want to make a difference to England and be given a chance,yes there are striker issues but there always has been and good honest players with a great deal to offer often get overlooked because of the club they play for and thats unacceptable , we all want our national team to do well so lets get behind this fantastic news .................wel done to the lad.

If England start picking sides from before Madonna then Lambert's going to look like one of the youngest. Who do you want ? Bryan Robson ? Bobby Charlton ?

Thoroughly well deserved for a top bloke. Not sure that he will start, but Rooney is only half fit, so my guess is that he will get on the pitch at some point. My son and his mate already had tickets for the game - bit jealous

Im in a quandry over SRL selection.

I have not supported England since venables and hoddle screwed MLT's england Career, Since then I have supported Scotland and always wanted eEngland to lose . Im English by the way

Now the SRL has been Selected , and Im a big Rickie fan . hes such a decent honest footballer that he has suddenly renewed my faith in supporting England

What do I do continue to support Scotland or come out of Exile and suppport SRL ??

Rickie Lambert Englands Goal Machine

This is so different to when Lallana was called up. We were all chuffed and posted our congratulations, but this thread has real emotion - Genuine emotion.

Yep, it's excellent to have a bit of news that almost everyone can get behind. Such a legendary personal tale too.

Im in a quandry over SRL selection.

I have not supported England since venables and hoddle screwed MLT's england Career, Since then I have supported Scotland and always wanted eEngland to lose . Im English by the way

Now the SRL has been Selected , and Im a big Rickie fan . hes such a decent honest footballer that he has suddenly renewed my faith in supporting England

What do I do continue to support Scotland or come out of Exile and suppport SRL ??

Rickie Lambert Englands Goal Machine

I feel exactly the same

Would love to say a big congrats to Ricky for the call up. Whether it's because of injuries or not, or even a sad statement on England current crop of players, no player has worked so hard to prove himself as Ricky. Good luck pal.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 4

Great news and thoroughly deserved, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Made up for him.

Only sour note is the faint praise emanating from Hodgson and others in the media. Listened to Adrian Durham interview with Sir Trev Brooking earlier, and he asked whether Lambert's call up reflected a dearth of talent among England forwards. The guy usually spews utter tripe anyway, but you do wonder whether the wild misconception of Lambert as Grant Holt mark-II has stuck.

Saw a couple of stats earlier that showed that Lambert had created more chances (80) last season than Mandzukic, Cavani, and Higuain combined (71). He also made more key passes (75) than Xavi and Messi combined (68 ). Stick that up your pipe and smoke it Adrian.

This is so different to when Lallana was called up. We were all chuffed and posted our congratulations, but this thread has real emotion - Genuine emotion.

Time to sell - Rickie's stock is never going to be higher ;)

Delighted for him and everything he represents.

Edited by shurlock

I want to see Rickie pump out the anthem before the start of the game which I am sure he will do. He's a warrior who cares. He should watch Alun Wynn Jones at the start and end of this clip for the Wales rugby team and do the same!

Edited by TopGun

They're not bitter at all over on POL, no...

Just shows you how poor England are

Just there to make the numbers up , bet the scummers are giving it large

they'll never be able to reflect on having five players in their side who were all on the pitch together representing England like we did just a handful of years ago

:mcinnes:

I think Lambert is better than many give him credit for but international class? And look at the rest of the squad. Got to be the poorest set of players we've had since the mid - 70's surely?

They're not bitter at all over on POL, no...

:mcinnes:

Deluded, bitter, thick c*nts. Who were the 'famous five' - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch?

Perhaps they are getting confused with the McMenemy side in the 80s which famously fielded five England captains!

Lambert's going to shine...

Totally made my day. Not been so excited for an England friendly for, well forever really. He'll definitely get some game time.

If he scores that would be insane! 30 yard free kick anyone?

Modern day Saints legend. Not many like him come round as a fans favourite.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})