Rickie Lambert called up for England

Saint-Armstrong

Wow! As a Saints fan i'm not to happy about him playing for England 3 days before the season starts but as a Lambert fan fair play to the lad, it's a bit Roy of the Rovers for him and nice to see there is still a bit of romance in football.

Despite all the striker injuries, it's fair to say that's a bit of news I was not expecting to hear!

Let's put it this way, I turned off SSN after the League Cup draw.

Congratulations to him, it only took injuries to the entire England attack, him completely losing form, Grant Holt signing for a Championship side and a friendly against a footballing third world nation for him to get the call. :D

Very pleased. (And very proud).

I'm sure I saw Roy interviewed talking about Grant Holt & Rickie, saying that they aren't of the desired quality.

Anyone else remember that? - I think it was from when Rickie & Holt were on Goals on Sunday.

There's no official announcement yet (or at least i can't see it on BBC)... hope we haven't jumped the gun and upset Woy and the FA!

We certainly broke the news first, I think the Club were a minute early.....I'm sure the FA wont mind.

great news but i guess it's highly likely he'll be as invovled as Lallana was before.

Disagree, Lallana was called up as a late replacement due to a load of injuries and it was a competitive game so only 3 of the subs could actually get on the pitch. As this is a friendly, Hodgson will be able to use 6 (I think) from the bench, and despite being named in the squad I'd fully expect Rooney to drop out.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})