Pubs showing every Saints game

Golden Balls

Seen a lot of people on here looking for West Brom tickets meaning most aren't going to be able to go. Last season being back in the PL meant we could enjoy every game through streaming. I watched most of the away games down the Royal Oak and sometimes The Winston. Anywhere else in Southampton that show the games? Probably be good for those who can't make it.

Inferno shows all the Saints games although it's a f*cking dive. Heard the Richmond is getting live football next season too, after Varsity closed just down the road.

Varsity (Portswood) has merely rebranded to Wild Lime, at least one of the London Rd Varsity staff is in there. However, as they serve you a strawberry on the glass along with your red berry Bulmers I'd be inclined to think they won't be showing too many live football matches, and definitely no dodgy streams/feeds.

Are these showing the same dodgy feeds we normally have to put up with online when not on sky sports?

My local bought one of these. It's pretty sweet, you get all prem games in HD, no lag or buffer or anything. I was thinking bout buying one for home (cos I'm in birmingham + if we play same time as Villa, I'm f*cked).

http://storesatellite.com/shop/index.php?id_product=59&controller=product&id_lang=1

Edited by Bearsy

My local bought one of these. It's pretty sweet, you get all prem games in HD, no lag or buffer or anything. I was thinking bout buying one for home (cos I'm in birmingham + if we play same time as Villa, I'm f*cked).

http://storesatellite.com/shop/index.php?id_product=59&controller=product&id_lang=1

Wasn't this type of box the kind of kit that Skate landlady won a court case over?

Yeah, when I said ain't it illegal, the dude at my pub said no it ain't cos of that court case. It seems good deal compared with sky, where you only get to see Saints like 6 times a year.

Cheaper then a season ticket with twice the matches (Just over tenner a game). Is surely dependant on a good internet connection though?

I actually spoke to the guy cos they ain't rolled out infinity round my gaff yet, and he said as long as you get 2Mps you'll be fine. They ain't got anything special down my pub and they ain't had no problems.

The other thing right is that you buy the box for £399 and that's it for first year, then in subsequent years you just pay annual subscription fee which is like £60 or something. I don't work for these people, honest, I just think it sounds good idea!

Edited by Bearsy

Seen a lot of people on here looking for West Brom tickets meaning most aren't going to be able to go. Last season being back in the PL meant we could enjoy every game through streaming. I watched most of the away games down the Royal Oak and sometimes The Winston. Anywhere else in Southampton that show the games? Probably be good for those who can't make it.

Pretty sure the Winston will be again.

What do you think?

Having been in the position to actually go to games for years I haven't really seen them streamed in pubs so wouldn't know, smart arse ;)

As I was under the impression it wasn't legal to do it and didn't realise all games were available by satellite I thought it may just be a "put up with whatever can be streamed on a projector" in dodgy pubs sort of thing.

Just been into Riley's Sports Bar off Shirley High Street. They have a sign outside saying they show all Saints games and the guy on the door confirmed they will be showing the West Brom game there. Beer £1.99 a pint. You have to 'join' their club but that costs nothing and can be done on arrival on the day apparently. The membership lasts 1 year.

I'll be there with my brother.

John (Cumbria Saint)

I actually spoke to the guy cos they ain't rolled out infinity round my gaff yet, and he said as long as you get 2Mps you'll be fine. They ain't got anything special down my pub and they ain't had no problems.

The other thing right is that you buy the box for £399 and that's it for first year, then in subsequent years you just pay annual subscription fee which is like £60 or something. I don't work for these people, honest, I just think it sounds good idea!

subscribe to Al Jazeera directly, costs £12 a month or £120 for the season. ALL Premier League games, champions league, La Liga, Bundesliga... (list is endless really). Streamed through a laptop the quality is close to HD with no buffering etc (this all depending on your internet speed).

subscribe to Al Jazeera directly, costs £12 a month or £120 for the season. ALL Premier League games, champions league, La Liga, Bundesliga... (list is endless really). Streamed through a laptop the quality is close to HD with no buffering etc (this all depending on your internet speed).
How does that work considering you could have circa 20 of games from teh above showing at the same time?

Is it £88 for the VPN plus the £120 for the season? Do you need a static IP for this incase your public IP address changes and messes up the DNS link?

Is it £88 for the VPN plus the £120 for the season? Do you need a static IP for this incase your public IP address changes and messes up the DNS link?

You don't need VPN; just go for Smart DNS; it's $4.95 per month, about £3 in our money. The Al Jazeera site is $135 for the season, about £80. I've just taken it for a month at $19 in case SKY somehow get an injunction against them.

Not sure about the IP address bit. It's very simple to install the Smart DNS, just go to the Overplay site, it's a 3 or 4-step process which takes 2 minutes.