Pubs showing every Saints game

Golden Balls

I'm a bit cautious, I've had Saints Player for years, but I can only use it for the audio commentaries. It is unwatchable for video highlights or interviews due to incessant stop/start buffering.

Sounds like your connection then as I have saints player as well and its sweet as well, bummer, maybe test it out for a month but as someone else said I am sure there will be decent streams out there to watch on.

Will let you know how it goes here but so far its pretty decent.

Has anybody set up overplay on a dd-wrt router? That looks interesting.

I've flashed one of my routers with dd-wrt previously. Not used it for overplay (don't use home broadband anymore) but it was pretty simple to do. The instructions are pretty comprehensive.

Did anyone else have trouble finding a pub with a working stream? The bridge and the yacht both had trouble with their usual stream provider (someone provides it for all the pubs). Ended up missing first half well only got the top left of the screen and streamed it at home.

I already have a dd-wrt flashed router so ill set the Overplay DNS address on there today

Interested to see how it works in practice. Maybe better moved to the Technology section. How does it work, can each device individually select it's own location on the device, or do you select your location on the router interface for all connected devices?

It's the other advantages of overplay I'm interesred in. I won't subscribe to Al Jazeera, I already get plenty of PL footie on the satellite. I'm more interested in being able to access UK based content like BBC i-player. I have a lot of devices on the network, smartphones and tablets as well as laptops. If running overplay directly on the router will allow all of them to individually "locate" their IP then I will go for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Northam Social Club seems to be showing all the games.

I think they are using streams, quality OK - more than watchable.

Not that busy, just a few families and dad's with kids in tow!! Kids run around dancefloor whilst adults drink beer and watch the game... seems very child freindly so good place to go if you have kids, but atmosphere not as good as other (busier) places i've been to

• 3 months later...