Is my 2 year old (Nearly 3) too young to take to te footie.

Stepgar

Depends mate if you want to see the game or not. Took my 5 year old last season and she could sit still first 15min then she got bored... If you kid is calm and relaxed and like to sit still I say go - if not wait a few years. Just my humble opinion.

Patrik - dad of 4 !

I was taken to Highbury as a 2 year old with my father and grandfather, spending one half on dad's shoulders and the other on granddads. Wasn't surprising I've loved football all my life although I had to suffer watching the Skates until I was 4 after we moved to Southampton due to them being in top flight in those days.

Depends mate if you want to see the game or not. Took my 5 year old last season and she could sit still first 15min then she got bored... If you kid is calm and relaxed and like to sit still I say go - if not wait a few years. Just my humble opinion.

Patrik - dad of 4 !

Agree with the above. If you do decide to try it I would recommend taking a bag of surprises etc to help with keeping her happy

Two is very young - but I first took my Godson to St Marys when he was just four and he loved it. He'll be back this afternoon and is doubtless working himself up into a highly excited (excited = v naughty) state as I write this. It is shame these preseason games are normally terrible.

Note to Sir Rickie - please knock one in today as you are his hero but he still hasn't seen you score!

Agree with the above. If you do decide to try it I would recommend taking a bag of surprises etc to help with keeping her happy

Yes I used to take sweets when my youngest was very young and promised him one every five minutes so he was happy watching the clock on the screen and I could watch the game!

Two is very young - but I first took my Godson to St Marys when he was just four and he loved it. He'll be back this afternoon and is doubtless working himself up into a highly excited (excited = v naughty) state as I write this. It is shame these preseason games are normally terrible.

Note to Sir Rickie - please knock one in today as you are his hero but he still hasn't seen you score!

I have a feeling he'll be happy today.

Took my son up to Stamford Bridge to see Saints when he was almost 3. He's now 25. The cheeky bastids on the turnstile tried to charge me a fortune for him. I said he'd sit on my lap - but they said he'd be taking up a seat and had to pay. Luckily enough, a steward the other side of the fence overheard & said "psst, mate, pass him over to me." I did - and me & my best mate paid for ourselves, went in, and he sat on my lap all game. It was the game (if anyone remembers) that had an almighty hailstorm during it which turned the whole pitch white. I think it ended 2-2?

I took my nipper just before his 2nd birthday. We have had season tickets 4 years since and he loves it.

As far as he's concerned he's always gone and moans most weekend if there isn't any footie on.

Take lots of snacks and some sweets is all I say in the early days.

She loves booting the ball around and i was thinking of taking her down today?

Yes, girls should be banned from football, they offer nothing to the game.

Top 3 types of blokes that take their daughter to football:

Insecure mugs who can't bear to leave her alone

Soppy t*ats who are ruled their daughters

Soppy t*ats who naively think they are spending quality time together

er.........

The pyschs call this projection. Looks like the insecure one round here is you. Bless.

Unless of course you really are trying to be humorous...

She loves booting the ball around and i was thinking of taking her down today?

Took my two year old (nearly three) today. He loved it! He got a little shell-shocked when the first goal went in but once he realised why everyone was clapping, cheering, etc he raucously decided to join in... much to the amusement of most people around us!

I suppose it's a case of gauging your little'un and making a decision. I do however go with other previous suggestions and take snacks, treats etc.

I started taking my twins (one at a time) to games last season. They will be 5 this Oct and so were not even 4 at the beginning of last season.

My girl twin was fine. She loved the day out with her Dad. Sure enough I bought some sweets for the game but by in large she loved it. Especially when we scored. There were times at the end of each half when she got a bit bored but she just put her thumb in her mouth and lent on me. She gets so excited about the thought of going to football with me.

The boy twin was a mare though. Liked some of it but once he got bored that was it. Ended up spending a lot of the game trying to sort him out in the concourse.

2 pieces of advice: 1. Go in the family corner - its free for nippers for most games and more tolerant of kids playing up. 2. If we score, dont celebrate leaving him/her sitting down. Pick the child up and jump up and down.

This

The answer is because some are selfish ****s who just want to go to the football and are using their children as leverage to be able to allow them to go guilt-free. It doubles up as "quality time with the kids", even though the kids clearly don't want to be there and would rather spend quality time when daddy isn't distracted for 90 minutes.

Why don't you take her to Peppa Pig World instead of a stupid football match, it may suit you to waste an afternoon of your life but it is of no value at all to a 2.5 years old who needs her brain to be stimulated if she is ever to compete in the world she will grow up in. If you can't afford PPW then take her to the Art Gallery or the Museum or even the children's playground on the Common. Use your imagination, it's all she has to learn from at this stage.