What's The Strangest Email You Have Recieved

John Boy Saint

What inspired this question was, Friday night I checked my email inbox and there was an email from Ann Summers thanking me for my order!!??!!

when I opened it there was the order confirmation for a rather expensive model of Ladies bedroom buddy and sundries, blimey what's going on here is the Mrs getting a bit saucy, then as I saw the delivery address that brief frisson of excitement turned to the possible onset of 20 questions as the intended recipient turned out to have my same first initial and surname and lived in Birmingham an area I frequent with work!!

The silly person had entered her email address incorrectly obviously hence me getting her receipt. I am tempted to print off the receipt and post it to her with a warning to be a bit more careful in future: you can imagine the flush of embarrassment on her face!!

Has anyone on here received similar strange emails

A few years ago I was working my notice as part of a 'managed exit' - kind of like being sacked except they give you money, time and a good reference. Out the blue I got an email from a recruitment company (I hadn't registered with any) telling me I'd be ideal for a great job they had coming up and asking me to put my name forward, which I did. Turned out the job was the one I was leaving. I briefly was tempted to turn up for the interview just to see the CEOs face.

Got one at work in a generic inbox.

A candidate fell foul of auto populate, and sent us a email that he intended to send to a girl he had been tupping the night before.

The most memorable line was, " I am amazed that you managed to fit that much in your mouth".

Needless to say I took great delight emailing the chap, enquiring if he would like us to forward the email on to the lady concerned.

I once received an email from a person claiming to be God. I still don't know where they got my email address from but it wasn't guesswork as they knew a lot about me. It described some of the issues I was having with my life at the time and stated some simple things I could do to make.things better. I did try some.of them and they worked, which was surprising. I started to feel happier with my life and myself, as a person. I then got another email from this person and this time I arranged to meet them. I was a bit wary so arranged a meeting in a public place during daytime. When I got there the person was already waiting for me. He was a middle aged, white haired man. Dressed in smart clothes and with a briefcase. He showed me some photos of what appeared to be me in the future. It was very odd and he said if I wanted to know more then I should follow him to his offices. I went with the man and when we got to he office he touched my penis.

I once received an email from a person claiming to be God. I still don't know where they got my email address from but it wasn't guesswork as they knew a lot about me. It described some of the issues I was having with my life at the time and stated some simple things I could do to make.things better. I did try some.of them and they worked, which was surprising. I started to feel happier with my life and myself, as a person. I then got another email from this person and this time I arranged to meet them. I was a bit wary so arranged a meeting in a public place during daytime. When I got there the person was already waiting for me. He was a middle aged, white haired man. Dressed in smart clothes and with a briefcase. He showed me some photos of what appeared to be me in the future. It was very odd and he said if I wanted to know more then I should follow him to his offices. I went with the man and when we got to he office he touched my penis.

And did you report your dad?

I once sat opposite a bloke with the surname Munday, I sent what i though was him an email one day after he'd cocked something up at work, unfortuantely I sent it to the wrong person so Rachel Munday in purchasing would have received an email from me saying 'you're s*it, c*nt'

Nothing particularly strange, but some years ago before I discovered Facebook, I kept in touch with a friend using email after he'd moved away from my area permanently. We were quite close and many a night used to go out drinking, so when he moved away it was like the end of an era.

So we kept in touch regularly with emails, just updating each other on each others' going's on. Then one time he went quiet for months, which was most weird, but I had a busy life so didn't think much about it. Perhaps 3 and a half months after he went quiet, I emailed him to scold him for going quiet and to let me know he wasn't in any trouble or anything. As I wrote that email, and subsequently sent it, sitting in my inbox, freshly sent seconds before, was an email from him apologising for not emailing me.

Coincidence really, but when we're talking months of silence, to both email each other at that exact moment in time was strange.

:lol:

I had this of Facebook Thursday one thinks Rolly is taking the tiss

Get Help

Facebook has an agreement with the following organizations. You can contact them to receive more information and confidential support.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

http://www.samhsa.gov

http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

1-800-487-4889 (TDD)

Alcoholics Anonymous

http://www.aa.org

Narcotics Anonymous

http://www.na.org

Psychology Today

http://www.psychologytoday.com

Reach Out

http://us.reachout.com/facts/drugs-alcohol-and-tobacco

http://ie.reachout.com/inform-yourself/alcohol-drugs-and-addiction

Back in the days when staff used to bring hilarious virus-ridden .exes off the newly-discovered internet into work on floppy disks, I forwarded an avi my girlfriend had sent me (of a snowman growing a snow-boner and falling over when a snow-lady went past) to one of my colleagues. Obviously as I was a good boyfriend, I edited the history so the girlfriend's name was removed.

My colleague forwarded it (with message history), to 2 people. They f/wd it to a few each, those people sent it to some others, and so on.

Anyway, long story short, at some point someone sent it to the wrong Andy White, not the rugby bloke in our office, but the head of IT. And 6 layers of f/wds and around 100 people after I'd sent it to one person, my name was still on the bottom of it.

Weirdly I got a job in the IT department not long after that, I think they appreciated my history tidying. :D

I received an email out of the blue from a guy from Nigeria who wanted to send me $6M of embezzled funds. I jumped at the chance. He's only had a few obstacles to get over, had to pay a few thousand for an affadavit and a couple more for bribes etc. I'm all in for £10k at the moment, but I'll be laughing when I get my hands on that $6M - suckers!!

Not strange but funny, when I worked for Carnival, the secretary of the MD sent a blanket email out asking employees not to park anywhere other than their allocated spaces. Captain of Aurora replied to all promising 'not to park Aurora anywhere other than the dock gate she is allocated'

At a former employer, a colleague had decided to take a bit of a dislike to me and was engaged in e-mail conversation with the guy I sat next to about how much he didn't like me. His dislike was obvious and I had discussed it with the same mutual colleague who had already revealed that this e-mail chain existed and not to worry, he was just being pathetic.

One monday morning I open my e-mail inbox to see that in his latest addition he had accidentally sent me the reply. A quick run to the printer saw 8 pages of trail printed and left on his desk with a post-it note attached making it clear that I had come into the conversation's possession. "Much Love, Col x"

He resigned the next day.