Holloway calls football agents vultures

Dark Munster

Don't particularly like the man, but I think he's spot on here.

Meanwhile, Holloway has hit out at the state of the transfer market as he prepares Palace for their return to the Premier League.

The former Blackpool boss wrote in his Sunday Mirror column: "The wages being asked when I was last in the top flight were mind-blowing. Now they are just plain crazy.

"It's no longer a transfer market. It's a meat market - with vultures that like to call themselves agents picking the game down to its bare bones.

"I have lost count of the number of players we have been offered since we hit a £100million jackpot with our play-off win over Watford. Many agents seem to believe that money belongs to them by right. Some approach you, claiming to have a mandate to work on behalf of players and the clubs that are selling them. In reality, most of the time, they have no agreement in place and are just chancing their arm.

"A few times, we have been offered players who we are interested in - only for fees and wage demands to double or treble once negotiations begin. It has been very frustrating because we need to give ourselves a fighting chance and are still short of quality and numbers.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8865681/holloway-hopes-to-help-chamakh