How may Saints scarves have you owned?

chocco boxo

Probably about 6 or 7 over 30 something years of Saints supporting, all are in the loft somewhere. I first saw Saints in '79 (against Vancouver Whitecaps) & my Uncle gave me his silk cup final scarf for the match, when I went to give it back, he said I could keep it, that in the loft as well. My current scarf is the JPT final one, and only gets worn when the weather dictates.

Just the one, woolly style, red and white with "SAINTS" in black and the logo on a black background at each end. The wife has one of the pink ones. Oh, and I have a Steaua Bucharest one from their European Cup Final that a local in 2003 was more than happy to exchange for a delightedly received $5 ($2 was the going rate but he looked like he needed it a lot more than I did).

I have owned around 4 Newport County/AFC scarves, which suggests to me scarves were more of a younger thing by the 90s, as I followed them as a kid. Don't see many of them in the UK now outside of Liverpool and Celtic matches.

EDIT : I think Colin and I may have the same scarf. :)

Edited by The9

In over 40 years I have owned about ten I would say, one being with me over 30 years and my 76 cup final bar scarf is up on the loft somewhere. Never owned a silk one but always wanted one as a kid!

I used to go to a stupidly strict school and would tie my Saints scarf to my bag for the FA cup draws, which used to be done on a Monday lunchtime on the radio. It was an instant detention but I would keep doing it regardless - 84 was a tough year.

An excelent thread, by the way. I myself have never had a Saints scarf. I do however have a maroon coloured scarf that I borrowed from a work collegue, who consequently got the sack.

He got the sack for lending you his scarf?

That's a bit extreme.

Probably about 15 or 20 over the 45 years or so that I've supported Saints. Used to go in the late 60's early 70's with one tied to each hip, one tied to each wrist & one round the neck. Lost a few to away fans, gave a few away to Saints fans & have a few in the loft still. Also have the first Saints shirt I was ever bought as part of a kit when I was 11 or 12. Ah, those were the days.

EDIT : I think Colin and I may have the same scarf. :)

Not much black on mine mate, the club badge is on a white background and no lettering in the stripes. The anniversary one is similar but with the 125th anniversary badge on a red background.

I dread to think - probably 20 or more - all stored away in case they become fashionable again. Along with many shirts, including the '76 home and away, hundreds of programmes, tickets, badges and a stud from Peter Osgood's boot.

I might add I haven't bought a scarf for at least 20 years - probably longer.

I had a a yellow and a red silk one tied to my wrists in the mid 70s. A plain red, white and black woolly one, not too dissimilar to the Man Utd one of the period (late 70s). Lastly a blue one from the ZDS final in 92 which I gave to my wife's late Grandfather. Four I make that and none now. I haven't worn colours in any shape or form in twenty odd years.