Watch every game live

Bartosz Bialkowski

So, anyone got it working on a PS3? Well up for watching it on my tv and can't be arsed with that HD cable malarky.

makes me laugh so much, you lot trying to work out wot cable goes in which hole.

having an extra universal input hanging out the side of an input device is a no brainer.

Anyone trying to watch the Chelsea v Villa game on AJS tonight?

I am watching it on my iPad but when I click on the link for the game, it is taking me to the Arsenal game?? Anyone else have this problem?

I had the same problem so not only you!

Also the whole family use the Internet connection, so the same ID on the home computer, iPads, tablet and laptops. Will I only change the IP address on the device I choose and will the others run normally on the old IP? It is more device based rather than the overall Internet?

So when you have set up your Geoblocker go to the AJS site and click subscribe if it presents a Form you are ready to sign up.

You will either have to set up the DNS on all devices or set up on a Router. Not sure if you can do the latter on SmartDNS as I don't use it I just use HOLA as an extension to the Chrome browser, its free and works for me.

Alan

So what happens when you want to go onto iTunes and other websites that you cannot access from these ip addresses?

You only change your DNS settings. DNS is the query service that your computer uses to change the address from a human-readable address like google.com to a computer-friendly one like 173.194.40.81. Overplay's DNS service will tell you the same address for itunes.com as your normal DNS service would, so it will work normally. However, they also have a whitelist of servers known to operate authorisation services based on your IP location. If you request one of those addresses they act as a proxy to spoof your IP location.

is the saints game actually showing on this website this weekend? I cant see it on the schedule? Which I could actually go but work is a pain in the butt! Never know if id be able to get there in time or not. :(

It'll be on one of the channels. This is the one service where every single premier league game will be available, every week.

is the saints game actually showing on this website this weekend? I cant see it on the schedule? Wish I could actually go but work is a pain in the butt! Never know if id be able to get there in time or not. :(

4th in the list on HD2 1700 Mecca Time

I've signed up to AJS monthly. Decent picture on the iPad, iPhone and the MacMini that is permanently hooked up to the lounge TV; The three live games on in the early hours of this morning weren't broadcast on any of the AJS HD channels, but they were WAY better than the usual free online streams (and without the tons of ads to get rid of.) Hopefully the 'Near HD Quality' will become evident for an HD match.

There's a decent enough quality of catch up video content too; and, the Stats section on the iPad app looks good. I'm very impressed so far. I think it will prove well worth the £12/mth.

One thing that strikes me though: It looks like everyone is given the same DNS Server addresses. What is there to stop anyone just changing the DNS settings without paying the subscription? I didn't go anywhere near the OverPlay website on two of my devices, yet by using the DNS addresses they play AJS perfectly. Apart from paying OverPlay to say 'Thanks for setting up the infrastructure', why would you need to continue to pay for it?

Even if, somehow, the OverPlay DNS settings didn't work if you didn't subscribe, if you JUST wanted to watch AJS, a quick Google Search throws up plenty of Egyptian settings for free.

Don't get me wrong: the idea of a Smart DNS service is brilliant if you also want to watch US Netflix (I have my AppleTV DNS settings changed already to provide US content anyway), Hulu Free, BBC iPlayer/ITV Player etc from outside UK; but, anyone JUST wanting AJS wouldn't need to pay for OverPlay to watch it in ANY browser or on any compatible device/app.

So, I guess what I'm asking is: Did we all get the same DNS server addresses and, if so, why pay for OverPlay?!

if people could simpy bypass the smart DNS settings these guys wouldn't be in business.

I used US Unblock for US Netflix and as soon as trial expired could no longer access keeping their DNS settings. They control those IP addresses and who has access so if you don't subscribe then you will not get access to any content restricted to UK. Sure some geeks will have a free way to do it though but for £3 I don't begrudge paying for the service.

if people could simpy bypass the smart DNS settings these guys wouldn't be in business.

I used US Unblock for US Netflix and as soon as trial expired could no longer access keeping their DNS settings. They control those IP addresses and who has access so if you don't subscribe then you will not get access to any content restricted to UK. Sure some geeks will have a free way to do it though but for £3 I don't begrudge paying for the service.

I'm not talking about the 'Smart' aspect of the Smart DNS: that is a brilliant service for people to just watch whatever content they want, from anywhere, without constantly changing to individual country DNS settings; and, I agree, that is well worth paying for if you want to watch contents from various providers around the globe.

But most people here (and me, as I watch US Netflix through my DNS Settings- changed AppleTV) who purely want Egyptian DNS Settings to watch AJS could easily make do with a freely available server setting - it's what I do to watch US Netflix.

The core of OverPlay's business is VPN: That is a lot easier to control access to. Indeed, the FAQs make specific reference to accessing the VPN service from IP addresses that aren't known to them - they DON'T make reference to any such restrictions for the DNS only service. It is conspicuous by its absence.

I've only tried it from my home LAN on various devices. I am out and about today, but there is currently no Live coverage until 13:30. If I can't pick up a BTFon Hotspot anywhere when there is a Live feed, I will create a WiFi Hotspot between my iPhone and iPad with the SmartDNS server addresses and see if that works.

I will report back with my one raining post!

My nipper has asked me to set it up on his ipad. Now a few of you have done it can one of you explain in layman terms how to do it.

Yes having the same problem. It is to do with needed at app, but you need another apple ID registered to the Middle East....

I have the overplay account and the account with Al Jazeera, just the app now I think, but not 100 sure how I register another account!

You don't need to register another account.

Go into settings and then iTunes & App stores, from there click on your Apple ID, click 'view Apple ID' sign in with password and it will show a little GBR flag. Go in there, change it to Egypt, download Al Jazeera app then once you have done that you can go back in carry out the same steps and change it back to GBR.

I contacted the Overplay (people who provide the SmartDNS) by their 'live help' button on the left side of the screen and said I cannot get it to work on iPad and they advised me to download the app 'OpenVPN'. They then sent me some files by email (make sure you ask for Eqypt server VPN file), once you have the attachment of the file type they send in email to you (easiest to access your emails from your iPad) it gives you the option of opening it in OpenVPN app. Log in with your Overplay details and you'll see when connected 'VPN' next to the Wifi logo on the top left of iPad. You should then be able to sign into the AJ app and watch.

If you find it easier and don't mind posting your email address on here, download the 'OpenVPN' app on your iPad and I can email you the attachments I used.

On a separate note, since messing around with all these DNS, IP, VPN stuff (which to be fair goes over my head!) I have noticed my PS3 is now not connecting to the internet, anyone else had this problem? I've only changed the details on my laptop and iPad as I wasn't fussed about watching it through my PS3 and don't know if it is just a coincidence as my PS3 has connected to the internet since I changed the details last Sat but it is now not working and don't know if it is to do with this changing DNS malarkey? Any help would be appreciated as I really want to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix but as PS3 cannot find an IP address, it wont sign me into the PS network???

To make it work on the iPad I first set up the smart dns stuff then created myself a new account on the egypt itunes store. You need to put in a fake egypt address (i used a Cairo hotel) and choose no credit card billing. Download the app and it's done. I then changed my itunes store back to my original one. Once you have the app installed and are running smart dns, the whole thing works perfectly.

To put this in perspective, you can get all sky sports, movies, TV and BT sport for £14 a month of 2 devices or £19 per month on 4 devices then stream the odd game in pretty much top quality for free. You guys must be desperate to sign up for this dodgy ajs which could get canceled at any moment and has no custermer support....

To put this in perspective, you can get all sky sports, movies, TV and BT sport for £14 a month of 2 devices or £19 per month on 4 devices then stream the odd game in pretty much top quality for free. You guys must be desperate to sign up for this dodgy ajs which could get canceled at any moment and has no custermer support....

Try explaining your figures again for anyone who is a) not currently a BT Broadband subscriber and b) is/isn't current a Sky HD TV subscriber.

My current set up is FreeSat PVR, a MacMini and an Apple TV connected to the lounge TV (no monthly TV subscription). I now pay monthly subscriptions of £5.99 for Netflix, £3 for OverPlay and £12 for AJS. I also have family member logins for SkyGo and BT Sport, which I can play through the MacMini to the TV or on the iPad.

You explain to me how else for £21 you could get access to the Freeview/Freeview HD channels, the whole US Netflix content, Hulu (like an amalgamation of BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD etc, but for all the US Networks), ALL 300+ Premier League matches (not just the Sky/BT chosen ones) on near HD quality and with no pop up ads poor picture quality or dropped signals, plus European leagues and other sports and content.

The AJS stream is FAR better quality than SkyGo, which is poor; and, almost on a par with the excellent BT Sport feed. Tonight I will watch the Utd v Chelsea on AJS instead of SkyGo.

Once I've caught up with the rest of House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black and Breaking Bad on Netflix, it will be tempting to do away with Netflix to save the £5.99/mth and make do with AJS & Hulu, making the monthly subscriptions just £15. I could also save the £3/mth OverPlay subscription by watching AJS through the MacMini on the Chrome Browser and continue to watch US Netflix on the AppleTV with free US DNS settings; but, I quite like having changed my router with the OverPlay DNS so that any connected device can watch content from any country without Geofencing restrictions.

When explaining your figures, bear in mind that we AJS subscribers will be watching all the Saints away matches that we may not be going to (as well as those who don't go to Home matches being able to see those live too.)

I'm looking forward to your explanation...

EVERYONE!!!!!!!

6 pages is a really lot of information to siphon. Is there any chance of some body doing a real easy step by step guided on exactly what to do and in what order?

Cheers.

I am on virgin by the way does alter things at all?