Watch every game live

Bartosz Bialkowski

Have followed the instructions and have an overplay account and Al Jazeera sub. When I click download ipad app, I am old that I must change from the Saudi Arabia store to English store to download app. Have any of you downloaded the ipad app successfully? Did you follow any additional steps to get the app?

Lot of confusion down here still.

Pubs haven't got their new boxes, cable operators haven't been told what to charge their customers and we have no idea if it will be on Saturday.

At the MOMENT you can get a 3 months subscription (down here it costs about $100) but also worth noting Al J have FA Cup Capital AND England games. They also have Europa & CL games

Not totally sure about the legality of them selling to people in the UK Sky/BT may have an issue about that so take care.

Also, Al J do NOT actually OWN the TV rights to the PL. The rights were won by some outfit NOBODY had ever heard of. Al J simply beat ADMC & OSN for the deal to be the BROADCAST partner

All we DO know is that the Manager of the @dubaisaints home pub (Barasti) has guaranteed we will be on live Saturday. Sorting the home access is secondary to that for us. We tend to use it in the winter when midweek games KO at midnight local and we can watch a bit before hitting the sack on work days

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/uae-fans-in-the-dark-over-english-premier-league-tv-coverage

Good luck to the Dubai saints....tried getting some sense fro Al J. here in Doha. Have a card now but like you unsure until we see tomorrow....

Lot of confusion down here still.

Pubs haven't got their new boxes, cable operators haven't been told what to charge their customers and we have no idea if it will be on Saturday.

At the MOMENT you can get a 3 months subscription (down here it costs about $100) but also worth noting Al J have FA Cup Capital AND England games. They also have Europa & CL games

Not totally sure about the legality of them selling to people in the UK Sky/BT may have an issue about that so take care.

Also, Al J do NOT actually OWN the TV rights to the PL. The rights were won by some outfit NOBODY had ever heard of. Al J simply beat ADMC & OSN for the deal to be the BROADCAST partner

All we DO know is that the Manager of the @dubaisaints home pub (Barasti) has guaranteed we will be on live Saturday. Sorting the home access is secondary to that for us. We tend to use it in the winter when midweek games KO at midnight local and we can watch a bit before hitting the sack on work days

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/uae-fans-in-the-dark-over-english-premier-league-tv-coverage

Good luck to the Dubai saints....tried getting some sense fro Al J. here in Doha. Have a card now but like you unsure until we see tomorrow....

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I'm hitting brick walls.

I can't change my region because my billing details aren't recognised as valid for Egypt!

Using puffin I get geoblocked.

How did you change your billing details using a uk credit/debit card?

Has anyone successfully accessed paid aljazeera content using an ipad browser?

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I'm hitting brick walls.

I can't change my region because my billing details aren't recognised as valid for Egypt!

Using puffin I get geoblocked.

How did you change your billing details using a uk credit/debit card?

Has anyone successfully accessed paid aljazeera content using an ipad browser?

terrypward has his working on an Ipad mate. I have just dropped him a text to see what he done to get it sorted.

Wut do?? I've already subscribed but it says to access please subscribe?

http://oi44.tinypic.com/51tv9k.jpg

Edit: DW, think I installed the VPN one by mistake

Edit edit: Yeah no still dont have a clue what to do.

You need to install the VPN as you have done on screen there, it will then ask you for your overplay login details.

Select Egypt then follow instructions to sign up to Al Jazheera

You need to install the VPN as you have done on screen there, it will then ask you for your overplay login details.

Select Egypt then follow instructions to sign up to Al Jazheera

It's cool, just got it sorted, that software is only for VPN apparenly, I just subscribed for their DNS thing so just had to change a setting, seems to work fine now cheers.

Is it pretty standard for everything except games to not be in English? Watching some season preview on Al Jazeera Sport HD1 and don't understand a word

Edit: It's a bit blurry, any idea how I can improve the picture?

1) Everything is Arabic (It's a Qatari Station) only likely to find one or two Eng Channels at any one time. PL games MAY have the option to change language. They did not have that when we were in nPc but new boxes being rolled out here so may happen

2) Maybe point the coat hanger slightly more South? 8)

Ok, I'm having major problems with this. Urgent help appreciated... I have signed up for Overplay and got a Smart DNS account.

I have got to the following point on the how to guide:

Once you have the SmartDNS all setup we to proceed to sign up.

Once that is connected we need to go to the JSC/AlJazeera website and sign up. The link to sign up is HERE

However, when I click on the 'HERE' it simply says:

'Sorry, you cannot access this page in your location.

Due to rights restrictions, premium content is not available to view where you are.

Please contact us if you are located in one of the following territories and our team will investigate your settings:

Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine (including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates or Yemen.

Please note that you will not be granted access to the service if your IP address is determined to be in a territory outside of those listed above.

If you are located outside of these territories you can watch Al Jazeera Sport Global and Al Jazeera Sport News anywhere in the world through this website or through our apps.

For all the latest sports news and results scores please visit http://www.aljazeerasport.net.'

So I am obviously doing something wrong??

I thought this would be simple! I'm normally ok with technology and this type of thing but the how to guide seems to be missing a 'step by step' guide as I have followed it to the letter but still cant find out how to work this?!

Please help before KO tomorrow!!!

Ok, I'm having major problems with this. Urgent help appreciated... I have signed up for Overplay and got a Smart DNS account.

Once that is connected we need to go to the JSC/AlJazeera website and sign up. The link to sign up is HERE

Due to rights restrictions, premium content is not available to view where you are.

Please contact us if you are located in one of the following territories and our team will investigate your settings:

Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine (including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates or Yemen.

Please note that you will not be granted access to the service if your IP address is determined to be in a territory outside of those listed above.

If you are located outside of these territories you can watch Al Jazeera Sport Global and Al Jazeera Sport News anywhere in the world through this website or through our apps.

For all the latest sports news and results scores please visit http://www.aljazeerasport.net.'

I thought this would be simple! I'm normally ok with technology and this type of thing but the how to guide seems to be missing a 'step by step' guide as I have followed it to the letter but still cant find out how to work this?!

Ok the way I did it was:

Download Google Chrome

Type Hola into google and download. (its an add on to chrome and will appear in top right corner as a red smiley face)

Click on the red face and select egypt as your country. An Egyptian flag will appear in place of the face.

Thats it! Go to al jazeera website and sign up.

Every time you visit the site from then on hola will automatically change your location for you.

Got this working ok on my laptop but all attempts for IPhone/iPad have failed.

Managed to get the app from Egypt store, logged in ok but when I try to watch anything live get the message 'Unfortunately you are not able to watch this due to rights restrictions'

Suspect this is something to do with Overplay, been through the set up many times with same results. I did only buy the SmartDNS option and not the full VPN, is this crucial for IPad? Has anyone got it working and which did you buy??

Got this working ok on my laptop but all attempts for IPhone/iPad have failed.

Managed to get the app from Egypt store, logged in ok but when I try to watch anything live get the message 'Unfortunately you are not able to watch this due to rights restrictions'

Suspect this is something to do with Overplay, been through the set up many times with same results. I did only buy the SmartDNS option and not the full VPN, is this crucial for IPad? Has anyone got it working and which did you buy??

Have you changed your DNS address in the IPad network settings?

Mine won't work either, followed instructions but when trying to connect to the VPN it is saying authentication failed. I have checked my password and login details and put the correct server details 'vpn-eg.overplay.co' I've tried L2TP and PPTP as advised in the guide but it still won't connect to the VPN...again I only got the smart dns. Close to giving up on my iPad!

Mine won't work either, followed instructions but when trying to connect to the VPN it is saying authentication failed. I have checked my password and login details and put the correct server details 'vpn-eg.overplay.co' I've tried L2TP and PPTP as advised in the guide but it still won't connect to the VPN...again I only got the smart dns. Close to giving up on my iPad!

Overplay's VPN and Smart DNS packages are different things. If you only subscribed to the smart DNS you won't be able to use their VPN, but if you buy the VPN package you get both.

I like to think of myself as fairly switched on and not too bad at computers but a few of you have made it sound as if it is child's play setting this up. I was up till 5am this morning trying to get this sorted including spending an hour on their 'live chat' online assistance which was absolutely ****ing useless by the way! Their operators took 5 minutes to respond to your question and assume that you have a doctorate in IT with how they talk to you. I eventually insisted that they cancel my subscription to Overplay which I had just signed up with as I was getting nowhere and getting more and more frustrated.

Are you using Windows and if so, did you put the DNS settings into your connection, as per https://www.overplay.net/setup.php?

Tried that. I get lost at the point where it says I should be changing my 'local area connection' as I am connected through a Wireless network connection (Virgin Media) so my local area connection and local area connection 2 are not being used? When I click on the wireless network connection it doesn't give me options to change IP numbers or anything.

Ok the way I did it was:

Download Google Chrome

Type Hola into google and download. (its an add on to chrome and will appear in top right corner as a red smiley face)

Click on the red face and select egypt as your country. An Egyptian flag will appear in place of the face.

Every time you visit the site from then on hola will automatically change your location for you.

Problem with this (correct me if I am wrong) is that I wont then be able to watch it on my iPad which is the main one for me.

Overplay's VPN and Smart DNS packages are different things. If you only subscribed to the smart DNS you won't be able to use their VPN, but if you buy the VPN package you get both.

Does this mean that I wont have to fack around with entering in different codes, switching DNS's and messing around with IP's. I'd happily pay a bit more per month to just have something which does it without messing around as I am clearly not technical enough to work out what to do.

You don't need the VPN, you only need to configure the smartdns, which involves changing the DNS Server address on your device (PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad or Router).

I am having the same problem as someone has mentioned above though on my iPad, it say authentication failed or something.

I like to think of myself as fairly switched on and not too bad at computers but a few of you have made it sound as if it is child's play setting this up. I was up till 5am this morning trying to get this sorted including spending an hour on their 'live chat' online assistance which was absolutely ****ing useless by the way! Their operators took 5 minutes to respond to your question and assume that you have a doctorate in IT with how they talk to you. I eventually insisted that they cancel my subscription to Overplay which I had just signed up with as I was getting nowhere and getting more and more frustrated.

Tried that. I get lost at the point where it says I should be changing my 'local area connection' as I am connected through a Wireless network connection (Virgin Media) so my local area connection and local area connection 2 are not being used? When I click on the wireless network connection it doesn't give me options to change IP numbers or anything.

Problem with this (correct me if I am wrong) is that I wont then be able to watch it on my iPad which is the main one for me.

Does this mean that I wont have to fack around with entering in different codes, switching DNS's and messing around with IP's. I'd happily pay a bit more per month to just have something which does it without messing around as I am clearly not technical enough to work out what to do.

I am having the same problem as someone has mentioned above though on my iPad, it say authentication failed or something.

You can change the DNS address if you're using wireless and should be the same method as local area connection if windows is handling your wi-if rather than a third party app. What version of windows?

When you were registered to overplay did it show you as up and running and give you the DNS address to use?

You can completely forget about VPN as its not needed at any stage.

Change wifi/local area DNS setting to above

Register on Al Jazeera site

Watch

Alternatively, rule out the overplay bit all together as others have mentioned and add the Hola add on to chrome. This will only work on PC/mac though as far as I'm aware

Edited by Liquidshokk

Ok so signed up via Astrill for the VPN instead of overlay. Downloaded the iPad app from the egyptian itunes store and it works!

Only think I cant get working yet is Airplay, so will try with an HDMI cable. Quality so far is average I would say. Better than a stream, but not TV quality. Will give it a month or so and see how it goes.

For those used to AJ can you explain the channels?

Seems to me there are 2 free, 10 SD and 6 HD? But the schedule shows more than one match on same channel.

Cheers

Alan

:lol:

Welcome to our world:) 5 years of Al Jis

It is listed as being on +6 today but you need to go through every channel to find that.

Ok the way I did it was:

Download Google Chrome

How easy is this cancelled, it reads that it will automatically take payment when required until cancelled?

You don't need the VPN, you only need to configure the smartdns, which involves changing the DNS Server address on your device (PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad or Router).

Are you the mattyg of previous mattyg of g, birthday 24th July? If so amazing you appear as I dreamt about you 2 nights ago.:)