Shirt Sponsorship League Table

Saint-Armstrong

With the figures above it's clear why the club wanted to get out of the deal early (allegedly). This is the last season of the aap3 deal isn't it?

Having seen how indistinct the gold Aaap logo is on the red shirts I am not surprised Lotus and whoever else we approached ran a mile.

Please pay £2m a year to be completely invisible on Match of the Day. Irresistible.

Pretty sure the aap3 deal's already ended once. ;)

The fact they don't even have their names on the U21s kit means the terms are different to last year so they must have renegotiated, and someone decided against it, whether that was the club wanting to keep the U21 shirt free (either to sell to someone else or to stick it to the sponsors just as the useless gold text makes it almost invisible), or possibly just the sponsors not wanting to pay more and not thinking the U21 shirts was value for money.

aap3 signed the deal when we were in L1 with a good chance of going up. It's fair to say they weren't expecting us to get back to back promotions and end up in the Premier league for 2 seasons. Both parties were looking to move away from the agreement but we all know this didn't materialise. Next year I expect aap3 will sponsor the Saints Foundation and possibly the development squad.

It was £300k for the NPC per year. Rising to £1m per year in prem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

No. It isn't. I know for a 100% fact that its £300k this season. I also know Fulham were after £10m this season from FXPro. Looks like they did pretty **** against that target (although I suspect the accuracy of those numbers is poor).

No. It isn't. I know for a 100% fact that its £300k this season. I also know Fulham were after £10m this season from FXPro. Looks like they did pretty **** against that target (although I suspect the accuracy of those numbers is poor).

You are wrong. My mates wife works for check-a-trade in the marketing department. She showed me some of the paperwork about possibly sponsoring saints when aap3 came in.

It clearly quoted around £300k I'm the NPC per year rising to £1m per year in the prem.

The deal also had exits points should they not want to pay the £1m a year.

That is backed up by this article

Check-a-trade opted to sponsor a tv program's instead

You are wrong. My mates wife works for check-a-trade in the marketing department. She showed me some of the paperwork about possibly sponsoring saints when aap3 came in.

It clearly quoted around £300k I'm the NPC per year rising to £1m per year in the prem.

The deal also had exits points should they not want to pay the £1m a year.

That is backed up by this article

Check-a-trade opted to sponsor a tv program's instead

Why do you think the shirts are so **** this year?

aap3 did give notice in Jan, SFC couldn't get the new sponsors deal over the line.

They then approached aap3 again late July to take over, aap3 neg'd to Lg 1 rates - £300K.

Fact

Why do you think the shirts are so **** this year?

aap3 did give notice in Jan, SFC couldn't get the new sponsors deal over the line.

They then approached aap3 again late July to take over, aap3 neg'd to Lg 1 rates - £300K.

Fact

wrong

I believe it was around £1m per season in the premier league.

a friends wife works for Checkatrade (based in dorset) and they were in talks with the club post sash kit. the price she told me (cant think of any reason for her to lie/make it up) was a deal worth £300k per season in the championship with that rising to around £1m per season if/when the premier league was reached with a get out option should they not wish to pay that in the premier league.

they decided not to go for it and ended up sponsoring a cowboy builder programme on channel 5 as that would reach their potential customer base and give them more value for money

maybe there is a 'get out' option for either side with AAP3 again this summer.?

who knows

heard that a company called Checkatrade were looking at being the sponsor and it would have cost them circa £350k for the season...a 3 year deal with promotion costing £1m+ for any season in the prem...WITH the option of pulling out if we got promoted in season 1 (which we have)

checkatrade opted NOT to go for it and instead sponsor the advert breaks on cowboy builder (and local news)

from 18 months ago from me

wrong

If you are basing this on some club marketing gumf sent to another business three years ago then you're on shaky ground mate.

I think it highly likely that Aap frankly do not have a million quid to spend on shirt sponsorship, so they have probably negotiated it down, esp in light of the clubs apparent failure to find anyone else in the summer.

Sounds like it was Aap's fee or no fee in the end.

If you are basing this on some club marketing gumf sent to another business three years ago then you're on shaky ground mate.

I think it highly likely that Aap frankly do not have a million quid to spend on shirt sponsorship, so they have probably negotiated it down, esp in light of the clubs apparent failure to find anyone else in the summer.

Sounds like it was Aap's fee or no fee in the end.

im basing it on what I saw and this very article.

im basing it on what I saw and this very article.

The club wouldn't send details of their negotiations with Aap3 over this summer to the marketing dept of check a trade.

Either way, that £1m sounds like a ratecard/list price, so would have been negotiated down regardless.

The club wouldn't send details of their negotiations with Aap3 over this summer to the marketing dept of check a trade.

Either way, that £1m sounds like a ratecard/list price, so would have been negotiated down regardless.

ok. so it was definitelt negotiated down.

DEFINITELY

there is no proof but it sounds good.

I was just stating what the rate was when the sponsorhips was available. had you asked me if checkatrade had over £1m to spend on marketing, I would have laughed as never heard of them. apparently, they have/had much more than that to spend

this article also states that aap3 will pay £1m (which was the rate last year)

but, guessing that is wrong. despite no real evidence

Like I said earlier, the deal has been renegotiated.

This is evident for a few reasons :

1) There were no sponsors on the shirts when they did the kit launch photoshoot and videos. They had to photoshop the sponsor onto the shirt pics and splice new footage of just the shirt front into the launch video without players visible (and they only showed the players in shirts from the shoulders up, waist down or from the back to cover this). Why would that be the case if aap3 were completing the sponsorship deal that was due to run another season anyway ? They'd already know the sponsor and have their name on the shirts.

2) No sponsor on the U21 kits this season, which were sponsored by aap3 last season - if it was the same deal, they'd still be sponsoring the U21s as well - but as it's completely illogical for them to have signed up to a reserves deal that was shorter than the first team sponsorship, there must have been a termination of the the original deal, which now does not include the U21 kit.

3) Not evidence as such, but a whole pile of hearsay floating about about the club sending out marketing stuff to other sponsors last year, about "an F1 team", and then Lotus, being new sponsors, of away kit colours originally in Lotus F1 colours, of people claiming certain details regarding the kit were not complete and had changed.

None of this says anything about how much was paid, but all of it says the original deal ended and was reworked when the club didn't have a sponsor with the season approaching.

It say an awful lot how much clubs are seen to be worth by corporates, the fact is the money given nowadays by sponsors is crap when compared to Sky and World tv rights.

We are leap years behind the bigger clubs and it goes to even clubs like Liverpool who are unsuccessful still have huge pull to the sponsors.