Mayuka Going To Sochaux on Loan (Confirmed)

Glasgow_Saint

Sochaux just became one of my favorite French teams. I shall watch them on BT1+2 whenever possible and report back. I am interested to know what Mayuka can do if given a run in a team that believes in him. I wanted to see him play but it does not seem to be that we will, unless its for the french lot. He is meant to be fast and a goalscorer. Hope he scores plenty goals quickly. Good luck,Mayuka. If im ever over there i might go visit. And I hope he does well for the Chipolopolo.

Edited by Giordano

Sochaux just became one of my favorite French teams. I shall watch them on BT1+2 whenever possible and report back. Ickly.

you risk being seriously disappointed then, they are awful, narrowly escaped relegation last season and this season isn't really looking any better. No money because of all the Peugeot layoffs over the years. He'd have been far better off going to the NPC

but I seriously suspect that he wanted to be nearer Switzerland for some reason or other. To judge the level of your average ligue 1 team you just have to look at the Europa League qualifiers, St Etienne booted out by some Danish side or other and

Nice (4th last time round) overturned by a Chypriot club I think. PSG+Monaco = loadsamoney,Marseille keeping battling and hoover up some young French talent cos Marseille well it's Marseille but the rest is garbage. Lyon were put out of the CL fairly easily by Sociedad...yeah right.

About his level playing in the french league, was pants for us when given the chance, hope we reinvest the money on his wages on a winger we are desperately short of pace in the team now he has gone

oooh don't kid yourself that Sochaux will be financing his salary all by themselves, not on meagre LFP handouts and 10000 home crowds. Sochaux's total budget must be somewhere around 32 million £, about half of our PL handout not to mention commercial and ticket revenues.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Have to say I am quite surprised at this, although I think with his young age he could easily impress there on loan and come back to do a job for us.

That's probably him finished with us though. Hardly used in first season, loaned out the next and even if he does well there, he'll come back with a year or two on his contract and would prob want to opt to go elsewhere rather than risk another season of being not used or loaned out.

Sharp may as well get some game time now, no need for the management to not inc him in the 25 man squad, one injury or 3 game ban and were short of strikers.
Not so sure whether we can bring ourselves to make use of every single body at the club. We seem to like to let the odd couple of million go to waste. I ask myself if Mayuka was a genuine deal or a 4 million euro money laundering deal. That we have so much supposed waste money being frittered away by a chairman who's one of the best financially astute dealers around leaves me thinking the loose strings have to be tax evasion loopholes.

P.S. I note that Billy Sharp's Number 11 shirt is still not taken. Why is it no one can tell us what Sharp and Co have been doing since the Eastleigh game to earn the money we are paying them. Have their been any genuine sightings of any of them on the training ground?

P.S. I note that Billy Sharp's Number 11 shirt is still not taken. Why is it no one can tell us what Sharp and Co have been doing since the Eastleigh game to earn the money we are paying them. Have their been any genuine sightings of any of them on the training ground?

Billy, Barnard, Tananari have all been told they are not in our plans. They have not been included in the squad and have been told not to turn up to staplewood any more.

Lots of clubs have tried for Billy, but none of them want to match his wages. Personally, I think Billy was a bit of a panic deadline day signing for us.......not the sort of signing we usually make, as it was clear he wasn't ever here for the long-term. We obviously overpaid on him in terms of wages to get it over the line, as he was never massively keen to move down South.

Billy, Barnard, Tananari have all been told they are not in our plans. They have not been included in the squad and have been told not to turn up to staplewood any more.

Lots of clubs have tried for Billy, but none of them want to match his wages. Personally, I think Billy was a bit of a panic deadline day signing for us.......not the sort of signing we usually make, as it was clear he wasn't ever here for the long-term. We obviously overpaid on him in terms of wages to get it over the line, as he was never massively keen to move down South.

I agree that we overpaid him. But I think he was purchased for exactly what he did - To give us the extra fire-power to ensure promotion.

I agree that we overpaid him. But I think he was purchased for exactly what he did - To give us the extra fire-power to ensure promotion.

And he did that admirably.

I fail to see the sense to not even give him his (still open) squad number...just in case...especially as we have limited striking options and we are paying him.