West Ham Build up

Saint Garrett

Agree with that. Personally would go for;

Boruc

Clyne, Yoshida, Lovren, Shaw

Wanayama, Scheiderlin

Lallana, Osvaldo, Lambert, Ramirez.

Front four fluid, pressing taking game to WHU.

just sort of game reckon VW was bought for.

Jay Rod on at half time to keep energy going.

Agree wouldn't start JWP but don't see where you got that he has played due to obsession with youth

We are the home team..... We should dictate the style and tempo. Try and match WHU and they will beat us as they are the pros and kick n run.

Let them worry about JWP, not us trying to counter old boy Nolan

Why would they worry about JWP or have i missed his numerous attempts on goal.

Playing in the position he is there is not enough goal threat from him.

Why would they worry about JWP or have i missed his numerous attempts on goal.

Playing in the position he is there is not enough goal threat from him.

JWP is riding the wave of his decent game against West Brom and his seeming dead ball ability. His tacking is awful and he's had 1 shot on goal I think but 2 assists. Should have thumped into Redmond last Saturday but didn't, any real DM would have taken Redmond down outside the box.

JWP is riding the wave of his decent game against West Brom and his seeming dead ball ability. His tacking is awful and he's had 1 shot on goal I think but 2 assists. Should have thumped into Redmond last Saturday but didn't, any real DM would have taken Redmond down outside the box.

He should have forced him onto his left foot and wide. Allowing him to come onto his right foot was the error.

Two assists in three matches is very good.

My team:

----------------------Boruc----------------------------

Clyne ---------Fonte-------Lovren------------Shaw

----------------Cork……Morgan…………………

Puncheon ……… ...JayRod............……………Lallana

………………...............SRL……………………………….

v MoPo team (Norwich)

Chambers---------Fonte-------Lovren------------Fox

----------------Wanyama ……Morgan…………………

JWP………............ Osvaldo...............……………Lallana

……………….................SRL……………………………….

My team would win handsomely don’t you think (3-1 I reckon) ? Sort of makes you wonder doesn't it........

My team:

v MoPo team (Norwich)

My team would win handsomely don’t you think (3-1 I reckon) ? Sort of makes you wonder doesn't it........

I don't think it would, no. Plus there was obviously a reason for not playing Shaw. Plus we played 442 against Norwich, Osvlado didn't play in the hole.

I seem to remember that we would have lost this fixture without Gaston last year, as he made and scored our only goal. He is our best player at unlocking defences when he is on form and wins a lot of free kicks in good positions. I would say this is exactly the type of game we need him!

My team:

v MoPo team (Norwich)

if you want to play puncheon, can i name a team with le tiss in it? i know it's what you want, but surely it's best to keep to players we have!

Need to get back to winning ways against these. They're going to cause us problems as we're not great from crosses/set pieces, but lets just hope that they see very little of the ball.

One for Wanyama to start for me, to fight it out against Diame. Going to have to play in a very fluid way to get through them, as theyre a solid side. The donkey is likely to be back for this game supposedly, so thats their game plan sorted. Would be tempted to play Jos for this one, although he's not really been involved so far.

As long as no injuries....

-----------Boruc-------------

Clyne---Fonte--Lovren---Shaw

-----Wanyama-Morgan------

Rodriguez---Gaston----Lallana

-----------Osvaldo----------

Davis, Chambers, Yoshida, JWP, Cork, Lambert, Guly

Would give Osvaldo a start with a bit of pace in behind in Gaston and J-Rod, full backs back to our best with some pace too. Would be nice to score a goal from open play too....!

I agree with the OP. Despite being different from the team I suggested in my thread the other day! Right team for this match. (though if Rickie scores for England he gets the nod) We need Gaston to become the player we all hoped he'd be. Are there many other players like him in the league? Seems to be a trend of flair number 10's disappearing. Remember an article way back about Riquelme being the last one, as football has moved on. Or does Gaston offer more than this? Genuine question as I've not seen him in the flesh yet.

anyone have any idea how many of WH's first team have been called up for international duties?? As i see it our lads will be back for maybe 2/3 days training at best....not the best preperation after a 2 week break from the league. My worry is WH will have had most of their squad training for 2 weeks and our Int players come back knackered.

if you want to play puncheon, can i name a team with le tiss in it? i know it's what you want, but surely it's best to keep to players we have!

..just trying to illustrate a point ( mainly weird selection (...and subsitutions) and not convinced that our recent purchases improve the team....although admittedly early days, we do look very disjointed)......and Punch is still on our books and would for me have been a better option than JWP on the right.

Personally, I'd love to find a way of getting the Cork/Schneiderlin partnership operating again. I think there's a 4123 set-up that could be powerful, with Wanyama playing just behind Cork/Spider

Clyne Fonte/Yoshida Lovren Shaw

Wanyama

Cork Schneiderlin

Lallana Osvaldo Rodriguez

Lambert on as super-sub if Osvaldo hasn't delivered by 60th minute. This is the starting team that would excite me most...

Like this very much, but:

- start with SRL and leave Osvaldo as super sub.

- Fonte over Yoshida

- switch Lallana ond Rodriguez

Also NO Fox and on the bench. Should Shaw get injured switch Clyne to LB and bring on Chambers.

England's new scoring and assists sensation on the bench ... we'll muller 'em.

................ Boruc .............

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

......... MS Cork ..........

J Rod Gaston AL

............ SRL ...............

Should be enough to get things started; VW and Dani Os are available as and when required,

heart says 2-0, will probably be 1-1.

I would go with:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Wanyama

Cork Schneiderlin

Osvaldo ----------- Rodriguez

Lambert

The front 3 interchangeable, with the width and pace from the full backs. Tell Wanyama to keep it simple and tidy, and that will allow Cork and Schneiderlin to do what they do best.

Haven't read all the posts but in total disbelief having read the 1st few! What planet are these people on? Ricky Lambert on the bench! Get real! Do you watch Saints regularly? Do you know anything about football? How anyone can even comtemplate putting Ricky on the bench seriously needs therapy and a book explaining that generally you start with your best players!

Haven't read all the posts but in total disbelief having read the 1st few! What planet are these people on? Ricky Lambert on the bench! Get real! Do you watch Saints regularly? Do you know anything about football? How anyone can even comtemplate putting Ricky on the bench seriously needs therapy and a book explaining that generally you start with your best players!

For someone so angry, you could have at least spelt his name correctly.

:mcinnes:

has any fan, whatever the mongboard, ever cheered and punched the air when they found out who the referee was?

Like the media, every referee is apparently against us.

I was always happy with Durkin. I'm probably massively wrong, but it seemed that he always gave us decisions and we'd often win when he was ref.

has any fan, whatever the mongboard, ever cheered and punched the air when they found out who the referee was?

Like the media, every referee is apparently against us.

I wouldn't say i'm ever really happy that a certain referee is in charge of one of our games, but there are some refs that fill me with a certain sense of doom. Marriner is one of those.