Neighbours Saints players

9-3

We bought our house at the same time and in the same close as Ivan Golac. My daughter went to school with his and he came to my house one evening to watch Saints knock Man Utd out of the cup because he didn't have Sky. We used to chat regularly. My daughter also used to sit next to Alan Ball's son Jimmy at junior school.

The Wallaces used to live in Wakefield Road. Steve Williams used to live in digs in Harcourt Rd, me & a mate went round one evening, but he was out. A girl at my youth club claimed to be going out with him, but I didn't believe her, until the following week when she bought in a signed team photo, still have it. I used to get Wayne Talks mail, he still lives in St Catherines Rd. I work about 5 minutes away from Jose Fonte's place.

There was a house in Harcourt Road where some players had digs....went round and met Charlie George and Trevor Hebbard at this house and remember sitting down watching the Ashes with them and talking about Mike Hendricks on the box.

Can't see that happening in this day and age somehow.............

Mark Wright was a lodger with the Lady over the road from my Gran & Grandads in Dale Valley Road.

My Gran said there was a Saints player living over the road "a nice polite young chap called Mark", I thought why was a Saints player lodging in a Semi in Shirley she must be wrong until one day he came out of the house and got into his Capri drove off then came back 10 minutes later and let himself in.

The Wallace brothers had a house on my estate... we'd kick balls over their fence and they'd come out and play curbsies with us.... Keegan lived just don the road as well and Macmenamy was always doing stuff for my school... sorting out trips to the Dell for us to play on the pitch and get training sessions and the like....

Who was that ginger fella in the mid 90's who played for us? Ended up going to Bolton? Used to drink up my local....

The Wallace brothers had a house on my estate... we'd kick balls over their fence and they'd come out and play curbsies with us.... Keegan lived just don the road as well and Macmenamy was always doing stuff for my school... sorting out trips to the Dell for us to play on the pitch and get training sessions and the like....

Who was that ginger fella in the mid 90's who played for us? Ended up going to Bolton? Used to drink up my local....

Simon Chalrton? Was he a ginge? He used to drink in the Luzborough.

In Bitterne? I collected the weekly cash from him for Swaythling FC's sweep thing.

I used to collect for them back in 72/3. Decent pocket money.

When I lived near Aylesbury 30 years ago, my next-door neighbour played for Luton, but I can't remember his name. And when I lived just outside Hemel Hempstead 20 years ago, my next door neighbour was Paul Wilson, ex-Celtic player with a Scotland cap.

When I lived in Sussex it he 80's my mate lived in a modest 70's estate in Upper Beeding full of semi and terraced houses with the odd detached house, two Brighton players lived in two of the detached houses. We would see them cutting the front lawn or washing the car on a Sunday. How times have changed.

Terry Hurlock used to live round the corner from where I used to live. Alexis Charevonic lived on Wyre Close, I used to deliver papers to Ted Bates and Chris Nichol (who I used to live on Guilford Drive). John Gregory (Pompey) lived near by, his son Stuart still supports saints. I used to see Brett Ormerod at the local shops so I guess he lived nearby, although he could have been visiting one of the others (Le Tiss moved in somewhere near in Valley Park). Jim Magilton must have been close as well as used to see him jogging. Joe Tessem used to use the gym the gym in Fleming Park. Apart from that, none really.