LIVE: Mauricio Pochettino's pre-West Ham press conference

Saint-Armstrong

It was about Greg Dyke and about youth in England.

Liked the comment that it's players obligation to train, not to play. Very 'no nonsense don't mess with me' type of answer. He was asked how he keeps the whole squad happy not just the ones that play.

He said he's close to speaking English in interviews.

Lee has been brought back into the fold as Mayuka left and he was very professional in what he did.

The question was raised in relation to the West Ham striker issues, he said can't speak for Sam Allardyce but he trains all his players during the week to have the mentality they will start so if they are called upon they are ready. He was then asked how does he keep players happy who don't play, and he answered quite firmly that it is a players responsibility to train not to automatically be a starter and play. He said sometimes we forget that, and he chooses the team as a Manager, otherwise a club may as well only have 11 players and no Manager. He said players should understand that too and anyone who doesn't is going to struggle in football. It is the players challenge to train better and be in contention to play.

It was actually good to see him be so firm on something and show a bit of assertiveness.

He is quitely assertive I would say, certainly not a Manager who would take crap off anyone, and certainly able to make tough decisions.

Nearly everything he says in his press conferences is on the money, and he does have more of an authority about him than Adkins did I think.

When you look back at some of the stuff he just to trot out it was great as a fan, but when you hear him saying the same stuff at Reading its pretty cringey.

So when we say arrogant are we talking on a Mourinho level? Or a Ferguson, Wenger level? Maybe a Harry or Holloway level. Saw nothing in this that has me worried. I do believe he could do himself a favour and speak English a bit more often after all in the one or two interviews he has done his English is no worse than Ranierri (spelling) who did all his interviews in English. Have no problem with what he is saying especially as 95% of the question asked are designed to get some sort of reaction

The question was raised in relation to the West Ham striker issues, he said can't speak for Sam Allardyce but he trains all his players during the week to have the mentality they will start so if they are called upon they are ready. He was then asked how does he keep players happy who don't play, and he answered quite firmly that it is a players responsibility to train not to automatically be a starter and play. He said sometimes we forget that, and he chooses the team as a Manager, otherwise a club may as well only have 11 players and no Manager. He said players should understand that too and anyone who doesn't is going to struggle in football. It is the players challenge to train better and be in contention to play.

It was actually good to see him be so firm on something and show a bit of assertiveness.

The meaning of what he said in the presser was not exactly arrogant, as you say, it was assertive. But the way he delivered the words in Spanish, and his body language, seemed very arrogant and condescending to me. I see this type of attitude most days here in Buenos Aires. Ah well, maybe we need a bit of arrogance to get success.