Arsenal

Batman

I didn't think they'd do very well this season, but Ozil, even at that price was a top signing. Add to that Flamini, one of the bargains of the season, and getting the best out of Ramsey and Giroud, and they're looking a good bet. Question marks remain over their defence but as long as they can outscore their opponents, they could do very well.

(Man City are still my tip for the League though.)

Saw them at the emirates a few weeks back v stoke, stepdad got a season ticket this year. Was very impressed.

One sloppy moment defensively, otherwise looked really good.

Giroud is real handful. Flamini very alert, effective shield in front of the centre backs. Ramsey has seemingly remembered he's good at that thing he does.

Ozil is just pure class. Seems to have so much time, and always picks the right ball. Fantastic player to watch, really good signing. Really baffled Moyes didn't go in for him, would be exactly what they need.

Wilshire didn't have a great game if I'm honest, but he did have to contend with stoke players taking it in turn to clatter into him.

It does make me laugh how all the divvy Arsenal fans last season all over phone ins and twitter demanding Wenger be sacked and claiming he was past it are now claiming they are brilliant. The biggest helmet of all is Piers Morgan on twitter. I'm sure Norway Saint will appear soon to tell me that it only counts if it's exactly the same Arsenal fans saying Wenger should be sacked who are now claiming they are brilliant.

Ozil is a top world class player, who is bringing the best out of others IMO. Also probably gave the squad a boost knowing that he was joining. They need a CB to replace Mertesacker and probably a decent keeper, and they aren't far off a title challenging side.

Ramsey has been superb, Giroud has looked a real handful, only thing you'd worry about is their strength in depth but saying that they have a few players out at the moment.

Ozil is a top world class player, who is bringing the best out of others IMO. Also probably gave the squad a boost knowing that he was joining. They need a CB to replace Mertesacker and probably a decent keeper, and they aren't far off a title challenging side.

Ramsey has been superb, Giroud has looked a real handful, only thing you'd worry about is their strength in depth but saying that they have a few players out at the moment.

apparently, they are set to splash the cash in january and look set to buy another good striker.

fair play to them.

Any genuine football fan that has half a brain should be praying that Arsenal do well. An extremely well run club owned by a mixture of fans, wealthy benefactors, "old money" and institutions that have cash reserves due to refusing to pay over the odds in both transfer fees and wages in the face of disgusting criticism from all sectors of the media desperate for faux outrage and controvacy. They support their managers judgement, play young British players (a couple created by us) in a style of football that is quite possibly the easiest on the eye this country has ever seen domestically. What are the alternatives?

1- Leverage a load of debt and pay huge sums for average players like LFC and have your club taken away from the fans like MUFC

2- Get some petro dollars in aka City and Chelsea and turn the game into a vulgar arms race

Arsenals "other way" is the only hope that clubs like ours have of being successful long term, Wenger's ability to not only finish top 4 but constantly reach the latter stages of the Champions League playing their style of football and (most impressively) with their unparalleled net spend deserves the utmost respect from football lovers and fans of clubs that genuine aspire to dine at footballs top table, and get there on their merits, like (I hope) a few other Saints fans out there.

Still hope we smash em home and away though :-)

Any genuine football fan that has half a brain should be praying that Arsenal do well. An extremely well run club owned by a mixture of fans, wealthy benefactors, "old money" and institutions that have cash reserves due to refusing to pay over the odds in both transfer fees and wages in the face of disgusting criticism from all sectors of the media desperate for faux outrage and controvacy. They support their managers judgement, play young British players (a couple created by us) in a style of football that is quite possibly the easiest on the eye this country has ever seen domestically. What are the alternatives?

1- Leverage a load of debt and pay huge sums for average players like LFC and have your club taken away from the fans like MUFC

2- Get some petro dollars in aka City and Chelsea and turn the game into a vulgar arms race

Arsenals "other way" is the only hope that clubs like ours have of being successful long term, Wenger's ability to not only finish top 4 but constantly reach the latter stages of the Champions League playing their style of football and (most impressively) with their unparalleled net spend deserves the utmost respect from football lovers and fans of clubs that genuine aspire to dine at footballs top table, and get there on their merits, like (I hope) a few other Saints fans out there.

Still hope we smash em home and away though :-)

If it wasn't for their whiny fans I'd totally agree. Wenger is an unparalelled genius when the string a couple of wins together. The minute they draw or lose a couple though, its all "Wenger's lost it, spend some cash blah blah blah".

If it wasn't for their whiny fans I'd totally agree. Wenger is an unparalelled genius when the string a couple of wins together. The minute they draw or lose a couple though, its all "Wenger's lost it, spend some cash blah blah blah".

Isn't that like most modern football fans of any club?

Good point but I personally blame certain radio shows for bringing the lunatics out in the open. Adrian Durham openly baits Gooners every night on Talksport (or did, he was doing my head in so much I had to stop listening so not sure if he has carried on this season). Look at the replies to Piers' mental anti Wenger tweets, 90% from Arsenal fans and the vast majority disagreeing with his opinion and sticking up for Wenger/ Ramsey/ Wallcott/ whoever Piers wanted to slag off at the time.

Going on from what Turkish says, and this is something Wenger himself has opinioned, in today's world where so many have access to 24hr news/ opinion and have a voice via twitter/ facebook/ football forums *cough* a season's worth of opinion is voiced over the space of an hour after a match. We have nutters like Alpine winding people up and on the opposite side, people going to extreme lengths to convince others (and themselves) that we can be a top 4 side. Personally I like to wait until Christmas, then see how we get on over Easter, then take stock at the end of the season and plan for next. That is how I was brought up, no knee jerk stuff, yeah discuss each game on it's merits but don't get carried away too early. I'm 100% certain it's the same at every club.

Good point but I personally blame certain radio shows for bringing the lunatics out in the open. Adrian Durham openly baits Gooners every night on Talksport (or did, he was doing my head in so much I had to stop listening so not sure if he has carried on this season). Look at the replies to Piers' mental anti Wenger tweets, 90% from Arsenal fans and the vast majority disagreeing with his opinion and sticking up for Wenger/ Ramsey/ Wallcott/ whoever Piers wanted to slag off at the time.

Going on from what Turkish says, and this is something Wenger himself has opinioned, in today's world where so many have access to 24hr news/ opinion and have a voice via twitter/ facebook/ football forums *cough* a season's worth of opinion is voiced over the space of an hour after a match. We have nutters like Alpine winding people up and on the opposite side, people going to extreme lengths to convince others (and themselves) that we can be a top 4 side. Personally I like to wait until Christmas, then see how we get on over Easter, then take stock at the end of the season and plan for next. That is how I was brought up, no knee jerk stuff, yeah discuss each game on it's merits but don't get carried away too early. I'm 100% certain it's the same at every club.

Talksport is troll/mong radio. I went through a stage of listening to it a while back and they really do talk utter sh*te. A classic case was when Rooney was left out of the Manchester United side against Real Madrd. This is what happened...

Paul McGrath gives an interview where he says he wonders if Alex Ferguson trusts Rooney in big games

Alan Brazil follows this up and says - Rooney out of the side, is this the end for Rooney at Man U?

A 20 minute or so discussion follows then A reporter from the Mancheter Gazette or whatever it's called is on the phone says it's unlikely he'd leave but if he did only PSG and Chelsea could afford him

Alan Brazil comes back on, So lots of people saying Rooney might be on his way out of Old Trafford with PSG and Chelsea already linked

This started a day of people phoning in and discussing this with a large number of ex pros and mong fans calling in saying why he will/wont leave.

The next day day the red tops were running a "Rooney being forced out of Old Trafford" story

In many ways it's brillaint radio as it get's what they want and people talking about them and phoning in. Unfortuantely 90% of the people that ring in are utter clowns and bite at all the stuff said, I expect they all post on their clubs forums too.

Good point but I personally blame certain radio shows for bringing the lunatics out in the open. Adrian Durham openly baits Gooners every night on Talksport (or did, he was doing my head in so much I had to stop listening so not sure if he has carried on this season).

I was driving yesterday, when this numpty came on at 4 pm and his first offering was " If Arsenal win the Premier League this year, will Arsenal fans consider this side better than the 'Invincibles' ?"

I nearly broke the on/off button.

I was driving yesterday, when this numpty came on at 4 pm and his first offering was " If Arsenal win the Premier League this year, will Arsenal fans consider this side better than the 'Invincibles' ?"

I nearly broke the on/off button.

Another good one was in the last world cup qualifers when Ireland played Sweden "is Richard Dunne v Zlatan Ibrahovic the biggest mismatch in history"

It gets people phoning in though and that is Talksports Raison D'etre