Can we now dream ?

Kingsland Red

Given our next seven fixtures "look" considerably harder my gut feel is to average anything above a point a game from those would be fairly good. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal away are as difficult as it gets in the EPL and most if not all teams would be happy with a point there, in any season. If we lose 2 but win 1 hey fantastic...more likely we will lose all three or grab a draw somewhere anmd lose two. Hull and Fulham though, for most teams in the EPl this season, you are thinking they are very winnable games at home.That leaves Stoke away and Villa at Home. Any normal season I would take three points, possibly even two from those two games but Villa are unpredictable and Stoke are..Stoke who will play in a way we wont like...so we in theory should have a really decent chance of getting 8 points ~ even if we lose the 3 tough away matches.

But the start we have had this season is so rare and difficult to understand that 7 points would be a disappointment to many on the forum. My guess is we will get 8-9 points from the 7 games, not great, but given the calibre of who we are playing, not bottom three form either.

The guys that do the sports stats page have us as statistically most likely to win the league at the moment.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Premier.html

So, if we win at Old Trafford we are odds on to win the premier League!? HA

Love that website and towards the end of a season their model is essentially flawless in calculating probabilities but it lacks context so early in the campaign.

There now exists a "big 6" of United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Realistically, we are competing with Everton, West Brom, Swansea etc to come top on the rest.

14 points after 7 games is fantastic and gives us a nice cushion for when a bad run happens, and it will happen, does to everybody. Personally, I would like to see us take a strong team to sunderland and try and win the league cup like Swansea last season. That is still our most realistic route into Europe.

Except that when the club talk about Europe, they don't mean the Europa League so don't expect winning a cup to be a high priority from the club if it means probable qualification to a tournament they don't want to be in