Vasectomy

Dr Who?

Anyone else had a vasectomy on here.

I have to say it is fine when sat down, but when I get up to go to the toilet, I feel quite light headed and it starts to hurt more.

I hope it hurries up and get better as I feel I am not pulling my weight. Been sat here for 6 hours now and I am a little bored!

Anyone give any advice or there experience?

See I am bored!

Had one 30 years ago with zero problems or regrets except for when my wife drove me home from the clinic, she had just passed her driving test and lurched/ jerked the car all over the place, every bloody pothole was taken at speed, every corner was taken on two wheels etc..

I thought that I was a trooper until I heard that a mate of mine played squash on the same day that he had his snip ! Fecking poseur !!

Had one 30 years ago with zero problems or regrets except for when my wife drove me home from the clinic, she had just passed her driving test and lurched/ jerked the car all over the place, every bloody pothole was taken at speed, every corner was taken on two wheels etc..

I thought that I was a trooper until I heard that a mate of mine played squash on the same day that he had his snip ! Fecking poseur !!

Well, there is no way I am doing much apart from maybe making a tea. I feel very sick if I stand for longer than a few minutes.

I am going to miss cycling daily :( and also refereeing on Sundays for the rest of October.

I have no regrets getting this done, as I have 3 wonderful kids and I am 40 next year. Anymore children would take the childcare over a grand! This was enough insentive to go through with it.

I found the proceedure easy, apart from the needle at the start, that was painful! The rest of the cutting, putting the tubes out, sealing and dressing was fine!

Well, there is no way I am doing much apart from maybe making a tea. I feel very sick if I stand for longer than a few minutes.

I am going to miss cycling daily :( and also refereeing on Sundays for the rest of October.

I have no regrets getting this done, as I have 3 wonderful kids and I am 40 next year. Anymore children would take the childcare over a grand! This was enough insentive to go through with it.

I found the proceedure easy, apart from the needle at the start, that was painful! The rest of the cutting, putting the tubes out, sealing and dressing was fine!

Seriously, I was 'up and about' the following day and never had more than the odd twinge !

The needle was in and out without even feeling a little ***** :)

I've had one.

Not the most wonderful experience I've ever had.

No it was not, but apart from a few twinges I think that all will be ok tomorrow for normal service... just not cycling. Just want to make sure the bleeding stops as they do not stitch now!

had one after birth of the third child.

Everything OK for the first 12 to 18 hours, then infection set in.

Swollen to the size of grapefruit and seemed to weigh a tonne.

Incredibly painful and still brings tears to my eyes when thinking about it.

A friend of a friend decided he would play badminton the same evening. One energetic smash shot later he was on his way to A&E to have it re stitched.

Had it myself about 12 years ago. Got a rather embarrassing story about it but oh dear only 3 posts a day :o

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Had one about 14months ago. Was back to normal (in every sense) within 10 days. Had a swelling on one testicle about 2months ago, thought it might be related, simple check up revealed a minor unrelated infection cured with mild antibiotics.

#AccidentalPartridge

Trying to pluck up the courage

It is not great. Not sure what I was expecting really. It is sore today, but bleeding has stopped and do not feel anything else but sore with the odd twinge of sharp pain!

Will be worth it if a success as I do not want anymore children!

After 3 boys we finally got our little girl so Mrs Duck said "enough is enough " and sent me off to the doctors. Initial"think it over "chat and wanting to speak to Mrs Duck , he gave me the green light. "We do it here in the surgery now" he said , I wasn't too impressed with that, even less so when he advised " a collauge from Portsmouth will conduct the procedure" (stright up). I made a mental note, dont wear saints kit, or let it slip im a scummer.

Anyway, day before surgery gets a call . The skate has gone sick , can they rebook me. " fine no worries". I was playing Sunday football then and had advised manager I would be out for the weekend. No surgery, so I turned up to play. " What are you doing here, you weren't available". **** it, told them the story " was having the snip , cancelled ECT" . The centre half says" banging his mrs, never been the same since" , another bloke says his bollards went black, another says cried with pain. Back to the pub after game storries kept coming, my mate this and my mates that" swollen bolards, black and blue. So basically I bottled it. Cancelled the new date and informed mrs Duck that family planning was her department.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Had mine done about 18 yrs ago, at the RSH. Had a surgeon called ironicaly called Professor Cummins lol i kid you not.

Went in to wait to be done. Only for the nurse to lift up my johnson, and say oh dear your have to shave your balls some more. WTF! Then came back with some talc and a razor.

OMG have you ever tried to dry shave your prunes!!!

But everything went fine, even though i had my reservations.

After hearing my mate Brian, spent two weeks in bed with some purple grapefruit looking balls, aftet they ****ed up his op.

Just dont let anybody kick you down there. Or stuble over and rip out your stitches like i did. VERY VERY PAINFULL

Oh FFS ....... what freaking burning smell..... This is not something I had included in my worrying list

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/vasectomy

Vasectomies are often performed in the doctor's office using a local anesthesia. The patient's scrotum area will be shaved and cleaned with an antiseptic solution to reduce the chance of infection. A small incision is made into the scrotum (the sac containing the testicles that produce the sperm). Each of the vas deferens (one from each testicle) is tied in two places with nonabsorbable (permanent) sutures and the tube is severed between the ties. The ends may be cauterized (burned or seared) to decrease the chance that they will leak or grow back together.

:)

(Knock knock) please can a female make a small observation on this very male thread?

We know a chap who, on getting married for a second time (and previously having had a vasectomy), decided he'd try to get the procedure reversed.

It was done successfully and he now has four more children (and a grandchild although that's sort of irrelevant)/

If you're considering having it done, it's always worth asking which technique they will use as there are more than one now.

The newer 'Non scalpel vasectomy' uses a laser to make a small hole in the skin, and usually leads to less swelling, inflammation or pain.

This isn't first hand knowledge btw, I just work at a Surgery that used to perform the technique. I'm still trying to start a family...

Had mine 11 years ago. First side went ok, he started the second side and stopped. Looking at me he asked "Did you feel something just then?"

I admitted I had then asked him how he knew. " A scrunching up of the toes is a good indication sir". After a little more anaesthetic the job was done.

I had it on a Friday, thinking I'd need the weekend to recover but apart from a leaden feeling and a slight swelling I was back to normal by the Saturday evening.

Had mine 11 years ago. First side went ok, he started the second side and stopped. Looking at me he asked "Did you feel something just then?"

I admitted I had then asked him how he knew. " A scrunching up of the toes is a good indication sir". After a little more anaesthetic the job was done.

Same happened to me too!

Doc: "Ah, ok sir, I'd better put a bit more anaesthetic in that side then"

Me: "Yes you bloody well had!"

Had my done about 18 years ago. Booked into a private clinic whilst back on leave, so missed out on all the normal consultation about what to do pre op.

So consequently I didn't know exactly where to shave, so the whole area went (nearly saved them a job whilst trying to shave the under the ball bag!!).

I didn't shave 24 hours ahead as they suggested, but just before setting off to the clinic, a decision I regretted later when they applied a spray anaesthetic which

really did bring tears to my eyes!! Also all the itchinesss from the uneccessarily shaved areas as the hairs grew back was not good!!

It was a bit disconcerting when the Doc asked if I wanted to watch - that's the last thing I wanted to look at thank you.

The only pain, short but very intense was the initial injection into the nuts. Once again not being totally briefed on what was going to happen I mustered p all my will power to

ignore the pain from the injection, not realising there was going to be a 2nd one in the other nut - I had nothing left and ouch it hurt for a few seconds!!

No post op pains of note, but boxers aren't much good at support so maybe a few pairs Y fronts or dig out your old speedos for a few days/weeks.

The paybacks are immense - anybody old enough to remember the Martini advert? I called myself The Martini Man - anytime any place any where, no preplanning required!!

Also after about 7 days (?) of no ejaculations, you are then required to have at least one every day for the next month to flush out the tubes for a post op fertility check. Now that's the

sort of prescription I like - at least one orgasm a day - come on honey - Doctors Orders!!

I was neutered about 4 years ago, with no problems at all, in fact it was a pretty good decision. My boss however had terrible problems, couldn't sit down, when he did sit down, he couldn't stand, lots of bleeding, all pretty grim, on the other extreme a mate was done on the Friday & was playing footy on the Sunday.

Oh FFS ....... what freaking burning smell..... This is not something I had included in my worrying list

They remove a small section of the pipes and cauterise the open ends.

There is one issue they dont tell you in advance; one side is always straigthforward, its easy to find the pipe to cut. Almost all men however have one testicle where the pipe goes behind the b*ll*ck itself, so the b*ll*ck needs twisting and clamping and it is more difficult to find the pipe, meaning cutting longer and deeper. One of my plums took 20mins to do, the other 2 hours.

Edited by alpine_saint

There is one issue they dont tell you in advance; one side is always straigthforward, its easy to find the pipe to cut. Almost all men however have one testicle where the pipe goes behind the b*ll*ck itself, so the b*ll*ck needs twisting and clamping and it is more difficult to find the pipe, meaning cutting longer and deeper. One of my plums took 20mins to do, the other 2 hours.

Alps, feel free to never post on this subject again.

:eek: Bloody 'ell. I was on my way within 30 minutes.

I can see why you're so miserable. ;)

Sounds like ******** to me....

When I went for the pre snip meeting with the GP, I asked him if I would be alright to go to St Marys the next day. He looked at me, smiled, took a sip out of his Pompey mug and said 'so long as there are no mishaps'. During the procedure, he also said to me that being a GP was sometimes a thankless task, but being given the chance to mangle a scummers' balls and therefore make a real difference to society made it all worthwhile.

When I went for the pre snip meeting with the GP, I asked him if I would be alright to go to St Marys the next day. He looked at me, smiled, took a sip out of his Pompey mug and said 'so long as there are no mishaps'. During the procedure, he also said to me that being a GP was sometimes a thankless task, but being given the chance to mangle a scummers' balls and therefore make a real difference to society made it all worthwhile.

:) Did you count them afterwards?

Why did it take so long? Big or small taters Alps? My own experience was OK. All done in 15 minutes. The Doc even saved he bits of tube he'd cut out and gave them to the Mrs so she could have a good laugh. The cauterising was an unexpected pleasure.

Bit of advice to chaps considering it. Firstly tell the Mrs that you need to get serviced daily until your test results are free from sperm (and obviously lie to her about the amount of time it takes before you get the all clear). Secondly, and more seriously, there is a fair chance of getting a small bit of scar tissue where the incisions are, which can be a bit painful and sometimes is a bit uncomfortable from time to time.

Secondly, and more seriously, there is a fair chance of getting a small bit of scar tissue where the incisions are, which can be a bit painful and sometimes is a bit uncomfortable from time to time.

Another reason to ask about the 'non-scalpel vasectomy' if you are considering having one done nowadays.

Some years back I played golf with one of the 1976 Cup Winning team the day after his vasectomy. He walked like a jockey, I know he was in pain but the banter was unbelievable and we were rolling around all through the round. Fair play to him he was a great sport.