Are Manchester United the new Southampton?

Bad Wolf

Can't help but feel that articles like this could be setting us up for a bit of a fall!!

I've been thinking exactly the same, surely these articles should be written next march if were 6th or something.

I remember when they said Palace were going to be the team of the 80's when they got promoted in 1980, they went straight back down.

I've been thinking exactly the same, surely these articles should be written next march if were 6th or something.

I remember when they said Palace were going to be the team of the 80's when they got promoted in 1980, they went straight back down.

Yes, it's great enjoying the situation we are currently in but it is still early and we have a lot of work to do. I wouldn't want to risk jinxing things by being a little too over the top.

Can't help but feel that articles like this could be setting us up for a bit of a fall!!

This exactly. Very flattering but it is seven games. Can think of several examples of teams that look good after a few games and than it all goes wrong. For me still be happy with anything above 10th.

This exactly. Very flattering but it is seven games. Can think of several examples of teams that look good after a few games and than it all goes wrong. For me still be happy with anything above 10th.
It's not even flattery really, it's a blog written by a Saints fan, not a proper article.

Christ there are some right miserable buggers on here.I'm sure many of you would be much happier if we were getting thumped week in week out.

I thought it was a great witty article clearly meant in jest .

This. Lighten up ffs, yes we haven't played sparkling football but we are up with the big boys at the moment, enjoy it.

Quite a clever piece.

No point in getting too upset at such flattery from the media, we are just a new attraction at the Zoo! It's mid October and the last 2 Prem champions are not in the top 4 yet, which is a novelty in itself. Instead there is a tidy little South Coast team sucking up the rarefied atmosphere and enjoying the view perched 88 places above the bottom of the football league.

Most Saints fans know the drill post Christmas our part of the pole gets a bit greasy in places, but until then just enjoy life in the sunshine just above the clouds near the summit of the "football pyramid".

Funny article, we are going to lose though (though if we get 1 or 3 points Moyes is gone - we are the kiss of death for under pressure managers at big clubs)

A man u fan I know reckons the latest rumour doing the rounds is Moyes sacked by christmas and fergie out of retirement. They aren't happy bunnies at the moment.

I knew some people wouldn't get it, but the feedback on this blog has been amazing. Most read sports article on Metro that day!
You can be jusifiably proud of it, Chris. It's also been doing the rounds on Facebook. It's lovely to enjoy our moment in the sun, at least until 5pm today, but if we beat United, then our euphoria will go sky high.