Brian Butler

Kingsland Red

I have been told that Brian Butler, the President of the Southampton Tyro Football League, died yesterday.

Most football fans in the city will have come across Brian at some point as they played youth football.

He was a strong willed character who was an exceptional organiser and an excellent football referee.

RIP Brian

I have been told that Brian Butler, the President of the Southampton Tyro Football League, died yesterday.

Most football fans in the city will have come across Brian at some point as they played youth football.

He was a strong willed character who was an exceptional organiser and an excellent football referee.

RIP Brian

Have just heard the same news. A top guy that dedicated so much of his time to Youth football in Southampton.

A lovely bloke and Tyro was very lucky to have him.

If you played for a Tyro team, then spare a thought for Brian and his family today, as in some capacity or another, it would have been down to him that you did.

RIP old feller - and thank you

Lovely bloke and a quality ref. I haven't thought about Brian Butler in years but as soon as I saw this thread I saw him and his stocky, smiling figure dressed in black running around a football pitch well into his 50's. You never saw any crap in a game he was reffing. RIP Brian and thanks.