Boruc

Glasgow_Saint

Why is it WUMming/Trolling ?

Maybe Boruc doesnt have the head for the big games. Havent seen the goal, but sounds f**king ridiculous...

Of course he has, welcome back to the forum BTW

We all know what he is like, quality keeper with a bit of fruitloop. You cant blame Stoke on him but by all accounts this was terrible. He has dribbled out before and pulled it off, hopefully he wont anymore

He had already made at least two or three awful kicked clearances, hence him looking for a short pass and getting into trouble. I would rather a punt down the middle every time rather than out for a throw in or taking players on when the last man. Crazy indeed. The only positive is that it seemed to wake us up.

There is a big, big difference between an innocent mistake like say...Gazzaniga conceding the soft FK vs Norwich last season and this.

This wasn't an innocent mistake, it was a "HEY-EVERYONE-LOOK-AT-ME-LOOK-WHAT-I-CAN-DO" attention-seeking, selfish, all-about-me moment of (even if he pulled it off) pointlessness.

He's done it in several games this season as well as last and got away with it; its just utterly, utterly, stupid and as I say, attention-seeking and selfish.

There is a big, big difference between an innocent mistake like say...Gazzaniga conceding the soft FK vs Norwich last season and this.

This wasn't an innocent mistake, it was a "HEY-EVERYONE-LOOK-AT-ME-LOOK-WHAT-I-CAN-DO" attention-seeking, selfish, all-about-me moment of (even if he pulled it off) pointlessness.

He's done it in several games this season as well as last and got away with it; its just utterly, utterly, stupid and as I say, attention-seeking and selfish.

So another three points given away. Lallanas substitution changed the game for me.Ricky is carrying an injury.MOM for me was the 'Beetle' (VW. Get it?)

PS. Clattenburg never does us any favours.

Letting a ball in from at least 80 yards? How can it NOT be the goalkeepers fault..? (I don´t care how windy it was that night. Boruc must have played at windy circumstances before...)

He admitted he was at some fault and confidently said he would get us those two points back over the course of the season, maybe something was lost in his accent?

We all know it was a bad mistake but it doesn't change the fact that Boruc is the best keeper we've had for many years.

I don't think people are doubting that Boruc is a very good keeper as such. However, recently he's also been a bit of a tít at times. The gaff up at Stoke ; the Hull goal last weekend ; and today at The Emirates. There is a lack of concentration in his game lately. It's fine & dandy when those gaffs don't matter, but sooner or later they will cost us points & undo all the very hard work the outfield team has put in - and all due to silly avoidable errors.

How was Hulls goal his fault? Wanyama had plenty of time to pass the ball.

Today has been very frustrating but did anyone really think we were going to finish in the top four? No, injuries and suspensions will take their toll and we will most likely end up 8th, which is still a massive achievement and improvement on last season

Lets face it he's a flawed genius and i think we have just got to accept this type of behaviour from him. Remember he does some unbelievable stuff as well.I felt physically sick after conceding but we werent at full strength,JWP at right back did an awesome job, and expecting something from the emirates shows how far we've come. especially after last season. Move on to those cockney ***s next week. Dennis Wise i hate the ***

No, no that did not happen at all, Giroud puts his foot around Boruc's body to fairly get the ball, no foul at all.

Giroud raises his hand and places it on the arm of Boruc and gently eases him over:rolleyes:

Clear foul by Giroud and foul language to boot.;)

I heard him say..."Take that you Polish James Hunt", .... as he ran off and scored.

If that had been Davis, this place would have been in meltdown ........ but it's Boruc so I doubt there'd barely be a murmer.

.... we all make mistakes.

Don't disagree with the first part, but same was said after Stoke (although I think many accepted that was a fluke as far as Boruc was concerened).

I go along with the view that Boruc has saved us more points than he has lost us this season and last. To that end he is still "in credit".

Trouble is though, that this is now the third match running in which he has been involved in a bout of sloppiness resulting in us conceding. Stoke, and Hull, well we wrote those off to a bit of misfortune, but today was just down to him behaving like a clown.

Definitely think we need another keeper as better competition for Boruc. He knows Davis won't play unless he's injured.

Have been arguing we need a quality GK for nearly two years now, though Boruc has briefly filled the post, its obvious another, younger version is needed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a move for Asmir Begovic (forgiving the skate connection). He has developed into a top keeper and the way he conducted himself after the recent match against Stoke won't have gone unnoticed by the powers that be at St. Marys.

Stoke have Butland waiting in the wings and could be persuaded to sell if the offer was big enough.

Boruc would then be our bench-warmer (but what a keeper to have in reserve!).

Makes sense to me - awaiting flak.

Would you really have Begovic over Boruc? I wouldnt..

I still would.

If that had been Davis, this place would have been in meltdown calling for him to be dragged through the city & his head placed on a spike at The Bargate, but it's Boruc so I doubt there'd barely be a murmer.

The answer to the OP's question: of course we can, we all make mistakes.

nail on head. I find it amusing that many of KDs biggest critics just brush away massive changers by Boruc. I repeat. I accept Boruc as No 1 but the hypocrisy of some on here is laughable

Stoke error was excusable due to the conditions, but today was completely unacceptable. Boruc had five, maybe six opportunities to clear the ball before being dispossessed, while his distribution was woeful throughout.

HOWEVER...

He's been one of our best players over the course of the season, and has received praise from many neutrals for his performances to date. One, maybe two errors that have cost us doesn't change my opinion of him, but it's something he must eradicate - and fast!