Rickie Lambert: Sports Personality of the Year?

jawillwill

The problem is although it is called Sports Personality of the Year it has nothing to do with personality, it should be called most popular sportsman of the year.

Is there really a difference? Personality is about the way you act, people's favourite sports person is based on the way that sportsman acts. Some people want their SPOTY winners to be "nice" or "friendly", I like Andy Murray because he gets properly ****ed off when he loses, like a normal person.

The problem is although it is called Sports Personality of the Year it has nothing to do with personality, it should be called most popular sportsman of the year.

I do hope that was in jest. If not, please look up alternative meanings for the word personality.

Ha! Though I suppose it has been a fairly poor year of sport for the country (especially compared to last year) so you never know. That said, even as a Saints fan it's hard to see Rickie deserving nomination.

If Murray hadn't won Wimbledon then the BBC would have probably cancelled it this year.

Murray won Wimbledon

Froome won le Tour

Farah was double world champion

Lions won for the first time in many years

Ashes series success

"fairly poor year of sport for the country"

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• 5 years later...