Saints v Skates, F.A. Youth Cup Third Round, Match Thread FULL TIME 7-0!

Colinjb

Reports on the Skate forum that there was a little fighting on the way from the Stadium to Southampton Central. Anyone here effected?

Was in the middle of it - barely any policing at all past the railway bridge. Both sets of fans were mixing without realising it - didn't notice I was wandering around in the middle of all the P*mpey lot until they chirped up with a chorus of Blue Army (my nose is blocked, hence why I didn't notice earlier). 3 or 4 vans then screeched up just past the KA and it got a little messy. Nothing too big tbf, think there were more punches thrown in amongst the P*mpey fans during the game than there were outside the stadium!

Reports on the Skate forum that there was a little fighting on the way from the Stadium to Southampton Central. Anyone here effected?

old bill didn't have a clue what they were doing, skates came up through the bridge coming straight into saints, scuffles and again going up past KA towards the underpasses

Saints U18s played just like Saints first team with some brilliant inter-play. Total football by Saints and very entertaining for the fans.

Skate fans are known by 657 as they cant take more than 657 to an away game and what a poor and very quiet turn out. Whats the points going away if you dont make any noise. The Skate ran across the seats to behind goal then decided to stop once the Saints fans started moving, the other Skates only moved 3 ft then got back into their seats.

Great set of chants from Saints fans and Skates only had thier 4-1 song....now we have a 7-0 one!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ..sha la la la la la who`s ......

Easy easy easy easy.....looking forward to winding up the Skates at work tomorrow...how good is that going to be.

An easy a win as you'll see. Thought Gallagher was excellent, Niall Mason too. The keeper was their best player and he's a Saints fan.

My 8yo was getting right into shouting at Pompey. "You suck, you might as well go home" and "you can't even pass" were trotted out quite frequently. He asked if he could swear at them before saying they were "b1tch".

Josh Sims

Just got back (joys of using a bus) that Josh Sims is a fantastic little player great ball skills and speed always looked a threat on the attack.

Our No.6 was also excellent at the back really calm and composed and Sam Gallagher up the front is a unit with a bit of SRL about him.

Some really good football on display from the saints boys you could see they were trying to play just like the first time closing down, working hard and attacking with some flair. Totally out classed the lot from down the road.

Great atmosphere as well for 2,000 fans there was more noise than some PL games I've been to the last couple of seasons pretty much non stop singing.

Have to say that was the best £7.00 I've spent in some time.

That 2-2 still stings as does the fact that our first XI hasn't beat them since 2005.

That's because they were living beyond their means and fielding players they ultimately couldn't afford, leading to their eventual downfall via two administrations. Furthermore, that incarnation of 'Portsmouth Football Club' doesn't exist any more. This evening's result was on a level playing field (in more ways than one) and is therefore much more indicative of where we are respectively than any first XI result over the last 10 years.

IMO of course

That's because they were living beyond their means and fielding players they ultimately couldn't afford, leading to their eventual downfall via two administrations. Furthermore, that incarnation of 'Portsmouth Football Club' doesn't exist any more. This evening's result was on a level playing field (in more ways than one) and is therefore much more indicative of where we are respectively than any first XI result over the last 10 years.

IMO of course

Perhaps but there's nothing like beating them on terms that they would understand and accept.

Perhaps but there's nothing like beating them on terms that they would understand and accept.

I sort of agree. Would love to of drawn them in the cup this year... We would of smashed them senseless. Oh but they are utter **** and couldn't beat Stevenage FFS

I enjoyed that! Very entertaining game, certainly worth £5 and some!

Stand out players for us were the two full backs (number 2&?) and number 10&11 along with Gallagher.

Great play from the whole team tho who ripped Pompey a new one :-)

Good to also see Lallana, Hooiveld and MoPo in the stands

I can't agree Shurlock.

The 2-2 was a little sore but as soon as it became clear that they prized it as a massive glory in light of their own relegation and our promotion I got over it very rapidly. They had lost all perspective.

Today we showed how behind their club is on as core a basis as possible, foundation , infrastructure and future. This is a seriously sweet moment.

Olly Birch@ollybirchpfc

Hope the scummers enjoy their 'play up Pompey' stickers that are on the seats that are still intact

Doubt we'll even see the stickers. They'll probably come unstuck, be swept into the gutter and get flushed away. Which is funny really, 'cos that's exactly what's happened to their club.

Oh, and the seats will easily be repaired, replaced or simply sterilised. WE have a maintenance budget.

What a great way to spend a fiver! The idea of playing like the first team at every level was clear to see and was very impressive. I think you could put that first choice u18's team into the lower leagues and they would hold their own easily!

A couple of funny chants tried to get going in block 5 that were met with some laughs. ''This is your future'', ''a tenner, for a red card, a tenner, a tenner, for a red card'', ''have you been paid to lose'', ''is this your first team'' and a few more.

The skate lad that decided to charge round at the saints fans looked like he thought he was being backed up, but the majority walked about 3 yards and then went back to their seats unchallenged by stewards. He carried on anyway until segregation net and postured for a bit before thinking better of it when a few saints lads jumped the fence and went after him, it was bloody funny.

That game really did emphasise the huge gulf in clubs now. On the pitch we were class and they had nothing. In the stands, we were class and they were quiet. WTFILN!

SEVEN!

That's a clever move, it gives Don Cortese a reason to replace some old faded seats & then send the bill to Portsmouth City FC & when they don't pay which they won't they can enjoy yet another administration

And for the price we pay in those seats can we have new ones like they have at the Emirates please? :)

Doubt we'll even see the stickers. They'll probably come unstuck, be swept into the gutter and get flushed away. Which is funny really, 'cos that's exactly what's happened to their club.

Oh, and the seats will easily be repaired, replaced or simply sterilised. WE have a maintenance budget.

I can't find my photo of Fratton Park atm, but at the recent women's international a seat collapsed underneath one of the girls from my team. Of course, it _may_ have been replaced by now..