Gazzaniga Joins Spurs

Batman

Couldn't agree more. Gazza came to the club with a lot of excitement as the next big thing. He was playing week in week out at Gillingham and we have had in reserve for years without really giving him a good run. I always thought he did well when he came in and looks a lot more mobile than Fraser. His distribution is far better and he is happy to come off his line. Just needed games with a decent back 4 in front of him.

Poch ain't no mug, he knows he's getting a good keeper. Our loss, Spurs gain

Equally he is not perfect - Dani Osvaldo :mcinnes:

Gazza was generally poor when he came in, let in many ridiculous goals

how he kept his place ahead of Boruc for as long as he did was just plain weird and an obvious stand-off between Adkins and those above him

losing our 3rd choice keeper is no loss and no gain to spurs what so ever.

IF gazza had any ambition, he would go to play 1st team football at this stage in his career

really?? want to back that up with some evidence please? he may have made the odd mistake (all young goalies do) but certainly not MANY as you claim. I suppose you think Fraser is a "top" keeper ?

Strange one this! Obviously MoPo sees more in him than we do?

He'll be third choice there though, he replaces Pao Lopez who they had on loan last year.

It's Lloris, Vorm and Gazza in that order I'd have thought. Not a bad job being a third choice keeper!

Very strange.

No idea why we paid £2.5m to Gillingham, who got him on a free the season before and where he played 22 games (letting in 29 goals and keeping 8 clean sheets). No idea why MoPo thinks he's good enough for Spurs.

Simon Peach says Spurs have paid us between £2-3million so at least we got it back!

Very strange.

No idea why we paid £2.5m to Gillingham, who got him on a free the season before and where he played 22 games (letting in 29 goals and keeping 8 clean sheets). No idea why MoPo thinks he's good enough for Spurs.

He was highly rated when at Gillingham, a lot of top clubs were looking at him. He gets a few mentions in the book about scouting, The Nowhere Man, I think it was called. Why has he gone to Spurs to be 3rd choice, perhaps Stuart Taylor was telling about what a great carreer he has had?

Glad he's gone, absolute waste of space and money.

I don't blame him for going to Spurs though, if I was him, I'd rather be 3rd choice at at PL club than sit on the bench of a L2 club.

Awful keeper, who's total save amount you could probably count on 1 hand.

He'll never play a single game for them. He might get on the bench once or twice if he's really fortunate

Never mind he's got another 5 year contract anyway. So after what 5 years with Saints on and off that makes 10 years of contract for him. Not bad for a distinctly average keeper on most occasions, although when he does play well, he plays well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Absolute class to get between 2 & 3 million for him. Well done Les :lol:

It just makes you wonder about football and the scale of monies being chucked about. On the other hand if Hoedt is as good as we are being led to believe, it makes that transfer deal look an absolute steal.

He was highly rated when at Gillingham, a lot of top clubs were looking at him. He gets a few mentions in the book about scouting, The Nowhere Man, I think it was called. Why has he gone to Spurs to be 3rd choice, perhaps Stuart Taylor was telling about what a great carreer he has had?

Yep, the Nowhere Men mentions him, particularly (iirc) about his excellent distribution.

People on this thread who are saying 'our loss is Spurs gain' must be having a laugh. He wasn't as bad as many on here made out (few are), but he was nowhere near as good as Boruc and was even inferior in many ways to an ancient Kelvin Davis in the couple of seasons where he got close to our first team. Good distribution at times yes, but absolutely appalling positioning and handling with very average shot stopping capabilities. I distinctly remember being terrified anytime we conceded a corner when he was between the sticks as it would usually mean a goal if our defence couldn't clear it. I only recall one really good game he had for us against Cardiff (one of, if not his only, clean sheet for us). Good luck to him but no way will he ever be a regular PL keeper in my opinion.

really?? want to back that up with some evidence please? he may have made the odd mistake (all young goalies do) but certainly not MANY as you claim. I suppose you think Fraser is a "top" keeper ?

There's plenty of footage of him letting in silly goals from previous seasons. He was crap mate and theway you're suggesting he was better than Forster is laughable.

Bit of a low blow to compare him with Fourpast!!

Funny how some work and others don't, also funny how people's opinions are cemented in the the first few outings of a player.

Went to the Palace game a couple of years ago on a dirty winding December Saturday afternoon, he was in goal palace won 1-0 from memory with a goal 2 keepers would have struggled to keep the ball out if our net. Palace tails were up and he without doubt kept the score down, following week he is back to the bench. Where he remained and I just thought "eh?? Give the lad a run".

Still gets another one off the list............ might get a run out at Wembley too!

The locals are less than impressed. From the fighting cock:

kingdawson,*5 Aug 2017

Wtf*we are actually paying for him? I assumed Southampton were releasing him.

Seen him a few times and he was*turbo*****.*Always*seems*to have*a*mistake*in*him.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no idea why at this stage of his career he would be happy to sit on the bench anywhere let alone move to Spurs only to be third choice.

Goalkeepers need to be playing competitive games even more so than outfield players. At least with outfield players if they are named as subs they stand a chance of getting minutes.....the sub keepers 99% of the time never get to play.

I just don't get players that are happy to waste their career never playing and settle for being a squad player!

I have absolutely no idea why at this stage of his career he would be happy to sit on the bench anywhere let alone move to Spurs only to be third choice.

Goalkeepers need to be playing competitive games even more so than outfield players. At least with outfield players if they are named as subs they stand a chance of getting minutes.....the sub keepers 99% of the time never get to play.

I just don't get players that are happy to waste their career never playing and settle for being a squad player!

he probably earned a millions quid at saints and probably signed a contract for a couple of million at Spurs.

gets to live in/around London and not have to do much. F-ing easy money

Gazzaniga is no where near good enough to be a starting PL goalie, which is why he's leaving to be spurs 3rd/4th choice goalie.

We're not mugs. We wouldn't shift him on if we felt he'd develop into a top player.

We are not mugs, however we continue to select a goalkeeper who routinely lets in soft goals almost every week!

Not mugs? Not so sure....

We are not mugs, however we continue to select a goalkeeper who routinely lets in soft goals almost every week!

Not mugs? Not so sure....

I think the goalkeeping problems at the club are more to do with the coach than the players. They can't all be poor goalkeepers. It will be interesting to see how well Gazzaniga plays now that he has had some time away from Dave Watson.

I like him. I just find him likeable.

That said, one of my abiding memories is when Abonloahor was through on goal from about 40 yards out and Gazza stood still on his line until Gabby was about five yards out. Gabby was, like, "WTF, but thanks". :lol:

he probably earned a millions quid at saints and probably signed a contract for a couple of million at Spurs.

gets to live in/around London and not have to do much. F-ing easy money

Not quite easy hehe

Still has to train everyday etc etc

His job is the exact same as say Lloris except he does 90 minutes less at the weekend. Guess that is why Lloris gets paid £100k and I'd guess he gets paid about £30k.

In our 3 homes games since he has been in we've conceded 7 goals from 9 shots on target. I think that stat tells us all we need to know about his ability.

I think now is an appropriate time to reflect on our despair of a few years ago (example above).

And then think about Spurs paying us money for this joker...

He was about our 5th choice.

He was behind Stuart Taylor FFS, who is about 50 years old.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

He’s so crap.

• 2 months later...