"Get Jos off, he's terrible"

DatSaint

Rickie just went up 150% in my estimation.

Funny, he's gone down in my estimation (though not by much). Notwithstanding the situation and pressure on the pitch, it's always ugly seeing that kind of behaviour among team members. And as one poster above me has already said, Lambert is hardly in a position himself from which he can criticise others.

Funny, he's gone down in my estimation (though not by much). Notwithstanding the situation and pressure on the pitch, it's always ugly seeing that kind of behaviour among team members. And as one poster above me has already said, Lambert is hardly in a position himself from which he can criticise others.

Behave - Lamberts a F****** legend, can say what he wants ;)

Behave - Lamberts a F****** legend, can say what he wants ;)

Hmmm - it's hardly the best way to help your fellow player out, right? Further, it's not up to Lambert to choose which players to sub; no player should see themselves as substantially better than their peers or the club, for that matter. This is a policy that worked effectively for teams such as Man United, and I'm sure it should work with the Saints.

Hmmm - it's hardly the best way to help your fellow player out, right? Further, it's not up to Lambert to choose which players to sub; no player should see themselves as substantially better than their peers or the club, for that matter. This is a policy that worked effectively for teams such as Man United, and I'm sure it should work with the Saints.

Beckham was moved on when started thinking he was more big time than the team........

Agree, if it's what was actually said.

Lovren definitely gave Gazza a bollocking in the second half. I like the club's measured approach to transfers but if we're going to keep players of Lovren's calibre happy we need to show him that he won't have to play alongside vastly inferior players the second we get an injury or two. Lovren, Clyne, Lallana, Shaw, Morgan, Osvaldo, potentially Ramirez... We need to sign or produce players at that level to keep growing or we will struggle to keep some of them.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere or a thread about it, but Rickie told Adam to get Jos off! Was caught by player cam.

http://www.tv2.no/play/sport/premierleague/her-slakter-lambert-lagkameraten-ba-benken-bytte-781401.html

(You have to have Norwegian ip to watch it I think)

Even his teammates wants Jos off.

Can anyone upload the video so that we can see it in the UK?

If he really did say what has been claimed, Lambert can most certainly keep his mouth shut. When it comes to performing well in the Championship and being completely inadequate in the Premiership the pot is most certainly calling the kettle black.

Plus its not that Jos was underperforming or putting in a lack of effort. He simply isn't good enough to play Premiership football full stop; and as such there isn't anything constructive you can really say about him or to him.

Just another reason to give Lovren the captaincy in my opinion. Not only is he our best player but he has a natural authority and whilst Lallana leads by example, tough times calls for real leadership.

If he really did say what has been claimed, Lambert can most certainly keep his mouth shut. When it comes to performing well in the Championship and being completely inadequate in the Premiership the pot is most certainly calling the kettle black.

Yep, 15 goals in the Premier League last season was completely inadequate. Great analogy.

Edited by The Kraken

He has been very poor this season by his own high standards yes but Id argue that it is nore the system we employ then him being poor. He still performs, just doesnt do enough.

Jos has basically been completely found out in the PL and consistantly poor. He makes atleast one big mistake a game, that will have an effect on those around him aswell. Though the dream team of Jos, Fox and gazza is hardly inspiring

Pathetic from rickie. Josh is a top bloke but not up to it. Rickie should sort his own form out.

You're like a dumped ex girlfriend who pretends she doesn't care anymore and tells everyone so but cries herself to sleep every night with her ex's picture under her pillow when it comes to Rickie at the moment.

Pathetic from rickie. Josh is a top bloke but not up to it. Rickie should sort his own form out.

Grow a pair, there is nothing wrong with an opinion and let's be honest we all thought it. Jos has to man up and either take it or preferably **** off

But Rasiak you are completely deluded and must have been asleep all last season. Wally.

He had a good record in his first season but for the last calendar year he has a grand total of 7 goals from open play. Grant Holt outscored Lambert in his first season in the Premiership and we dismissed him as a try-hard Champo clogger who was just having his flash-in-the-pan honeymoon moment against defences that hadn't yet figured him out, whilst our Rickie was vastly superior and anyone who compared the two was making a lazy and insulting comparison.

I'll never shout at Saints players who aren't good enough, because there is simply no point. As I say what are you supposed to shout at Jos/Gazza? Tackle him! Save a shot! Come off your line! BE better! BE not simply well out of your depth in the Premiership!....Well? As I've said in the past its like putting your 8-year old child in charge of cooking the evening meal and then complaining when the house burns down.

With Rickie, as you've said, he has previously performed quite well in the Premiership, but at the moment he seems to lack any of the aggression, energy and effort (as well as the touch, finesse and willingness to shoot that made him a real handful in the first 6-7 months of last season. If a player who isn't good enough is playing for Southampton F.C., it isn't their fault, its the manager/chairman's fault for not sorting out adequete cover. If a player who IS or SHOULD be good enough is playing poorly down to a lack of effort/practice/loss of form, THEN I start to get rather miffed.

But what the hey. Some people will be blindly loyal to Rickie forever, as two of the comments above calling him a legend for *****ing and moaning about a teammate have shown and proven my point.

The sooner we give Lovren the captaincy, sign a proper centre-back to go alongside him, get a left-footed left-winger and put Rodriguez who has looked in every way a complete centre-forward through the middle, the better.

I presume therefore that you are among the crowd that believes chanting negative comments towards Paulo Gazzaniga is a positive, motivating thing?

They say that's the mother of all **** ups right? I never chanted anything negative. I will say I hold the opinion that both Gazzinga and Hooiveld should never pull a first team shirt on again though..!!

Is Jos being paid?

Just watched the OG again on MOTD.

What is he doing? From where he's standing/facing and the angle the ball arrives at he has to really try hard to get it past the keeper and into the net.

Any sort of a pub defender's Sunday morning kick and the ball goes somewhere between 1 yard outside the near post, somewhere towards the corner flag, or towards the corner of the penalty area.

True.... but I am not sure Lambert was in any position to make that sort of comment, based on his own performance.

I agree with that, and I'm not sure he should be doing it regardless of his performance. He's not the captain, and even if he was he should only do something like that very infrequently and much more discretely than yelling it from the pitch.

But the part that troubles me most is that this reaction was not just a reflection of Rickie's views on Jos's performance in the Spurs game, but of Rickie's views of Jos as a PL player. It has built up over time, as it has with us, and there's an underlying questioning of Pochettino's decision-making - a rather open questioning of it. He wasn't, I suspect, calling for Jos to be pulled just because he was playing badly, but because - in Rickie's opinion (possibly shared by other players) - he shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

I'm looking beyond Rickie's actions on Sunday and thinking that they might be an insight into something deeper. Rickie's head didn't seem to be in it on Sunday (not for the first time lately), and I still have the picture in my mind of him trudging off before anyone else, head down and looking quite depressed, after our excellent performance against Man City; he didn't even acknowledge the cheering crowd as he left. Whether this is just a Rickie issue remains to be seen, but this is not a good sign.

Interesting.

We had a number of comments over the weekend asking why SRL looked hacked off or disinterested or not up to his usual standards on Sunday.

Then we "see" him pointing out something that was obvious to about 10 million people watching the game world wide.

And posters give him grief for it. :mcinnes:

Edited by dubai_phil

How many own goals has Jos scored over the last two seasons?

We scored two goals yesterday (Rickie scoring one and starting the move that lead to the other) and with our first choice defence that would have been enough to win that game. Jos (not to mention Gazza and Fox) is a liability. Despite the now, highly fashionable, constant Lambert bashing on here. Rickie has probably done more than another player to get us where we are now if he wants to have a diva moment he can ****ing have one. As far as I'm concerned he has earned the right.