Weather

Huffton

Sitting in Kings Worthy right now and it's utterly torrential. I remember conversations with the stewards before Birmingham home in the championship where a let off a few minutes before kick off allowed the game to occur.... This rain isn't going to stop. I'll be travelling in to the city as planned but a postponement wouldn't surprise me at all.

it has been horrific in the west country all night and earlier this morning

however, the rain has all but stopped. still miserable outside

which means it should ease up in soton in a few hours

Edited by Batman

Sitting in Kings Worthy right now and it's utterly torrential. I remember conversations with the stewards before Birmingham home in the championship where a let off a few minutes before kick off allowed the game to occur.... This rain isn't going to stop. I'll be travelling in to the city as planned but a postponement wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm in Kings Worthy, and it isn't much more than drizzle at the top of Lovedon Lane!

it has been horrific in the west country all night and earlier this morning

however, the rain has all but stopped. still miserable outside

which means it should ease up in soton in a few hours

P1ssing down in Swansea on TV

According to the met office radar its staying until at least 4pm, theres a load more headed your way as well

well, All i can say is that the rain has virtually stopped and has done for a couple of hours and looks like it will for a little while

the ease up will hit southampton soon I should imagine. which is good news for the game

dont get me wrong, it is still miserable outside

club just said there is not even a pitch inspection planned

no worries then

Its not their decision though is it, its down to the ref. If he feels it unsafe or unplayable then no game.

No pitch inspection planned. Don't you feel that the ref would indicate to the club? Anyway with the drainage system it won't be off.

well, All i can say is that the rain has virtually stopped and has done for a couple of hours and looks like it will for a little while

the ease up will hit southampton soon I should imagine. which is good news for the game

dont get me wrong, it is still miserable outside

club just said there is not even a pitch inspection planned

no worries then

If you think it's miserable outside, just wait till the match thread gets started.

Happy New Year everybody.

You think it will be on clarkey?

It's a modern ground, the only time I remember having an issue with rain was during the Leicester game back in 06 and Palace in 05 i think. But if anything, the rain will now slow down to the normal begin light drizzle we're renown for down here!

Just got here after driving down from Kent. Journey was uninterrupted but some of the worst conditions I have seen on the motorways in many a year. Amazing the number of people with no lights on in this sort of weather! Parked off the Avenue; rain much lighter, wind still quite strong.

Wouldn't mind a postponement and playing them with Boruc and Wanyama. Might go ahead, but if weather carries on like this it might not finish. Could be more a game of luck than judgement anyway.

No chance. Not too bad now.