Clattenburg under investigation after Southampton accuse him of abusing Adam Lallana

Saint-Armstrong

Not at all but feel free to turn it into anything that suits your agenda.

There is no agenda here only a sense of fairness, we can not complain now if one of our players gets sent off for swearing.

We or Cortese has snookered himself (us) again with his lack of diplomacy, Henry Kissinger he aint.

There is no agenda here only a sense of fairness, we can not complain now if one of our players gets sent off for swearing.

We or Cortese has snookered himself (us) again with his lack of diplomacy, Henry Kissinger he aint.

Depends what was said, we have only had Clattenburg's version so far.

We can if our players are he only ones that get sent off.

Referees are there to make the same judgements on all teams.

We can if our players are he only ones that get sent off.

Referees are there to make the same judgements on all teams.

Only one referee can referee a match, who is to say he only heard our players swear? If referee's are there to make the same judgment on all teams why do we have disgressions?

Neither you but you assume you are correct whereby I am open to all options on fact not rumour, we do not know what was said, a complaint has been made after a poor decision and there we have it.

Actually i have not made and judgement as to what was said or what wasn't and not tried to second guess anything unlike you

who make statements made up to be fact

As i said in my earlier post NO ONE knows exactly what was said.

I have no factual proof to what so i will not speculate about it.

Actually i have not made and judgement as to what was said or what wasn't and not tried to second guess anything unlike you

who make statements made up to be fact

As i said in my earlier post NO ONE knows exactly what was said.

I have no factual proof to what so i will not speculate about it.

Thats very noble of you.

Clot 'n' Berk was probably afraid to award the penalty because of his previous ban refereeing at Everton due to the fiasco of his performance there 6 years ago. He either saw the incidence or he didn't. Had he seen it, then it was blatant enough that any competent referee would have normally awarded it, however his return from his ban and the actual venue made it more difficult for him to have done the right thing. If he didn't see it, he would have been entitled to use that as an excuse, but it would call into question his competence (and the linesman's) for why they weren't positioned to see it. I read somewhere that he had seen it, so there was really no excuse, not even the usual ball to hand let-off, as the player clearly and deliberately moved his hands upwards towards the ball.

The club's position is possibly based partly on the number of times that Clot 'n' Berk has presided over matches where dubious refereeing by him has either denied us penalties, or awarded them to our opponents. A referee can be excused having an off day, but this incompetent idiot has taken things past the point where we can shrug our shoulders and our patience has run out with him. If that has prompted us to press matters further following this last episode where he he has denied us a point and opened up the gap between us and a rival by 3 points, then I'm happy that the club have attempted to try and get him prevented from officiating in our future games.

Looking at the individual incident in isolation, one the one hand we have Clot 'n' Berk who has previous form with controversial decisions, not only with us, but with other clubs. On the other hand we have Lallana who has no previous record of bad behaviour suggestive that he is one to lose it when confronting a referee. We have heard what Clot 'n' Berk apparently said to Lallana, but we have not heard Lallana's version of the conversation. The club will have had Lallana's side of things and if they are happy enough to take it up with the FA, then I for one am happy to support their position. Just because the Referees' Association have thrown it out means nothing much; of course they will protect their man outwardly, whilst even then having made a mental note of yet another incident featuring him.

Only one referee can referee a match, who is to say he only heard our players swear? If referee's are there to make the same judgment on all teams why do we have disgressions?

Why we have people wandering off the point?

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/disgression.html

Well dont think that´s actually for me to answer.....(even though I did now)

Clearly Matt's anti-Cortese agenda is at work, and he's influenced all the other pundits. Everyone knows that you only stand behind the club in such cases.

Of course, everybody remembers that a certain Matt Le Tissier was hardly a model player when it came to accepting a referee's decision with good grace regardless of how hard done by he was. He had his fair share of yellows for dissent during his day and no doubt he would have expected the club to have supported his stance if it came to it. He has either matured since he retired, or he fails to realise that his stance makes him look a hypocrite.

I meant that where is the confusion?

It´s rather easy. Different teams and players are judged and treated differently, which means that referees aren´t doing their jobs good enough.

Some may say it´s always been like that and always will be, but that´s plain wrong and needed to put a light on.

Why accept something that is wrong just because it´s always been?

It´s rather easy. Different teams and players are judged and treated differently, which means that referees aren´t doing their jobs good enough.

Some may say it´s always been like that and always will be, but that´s plain wrong and needed to put a light on.

Why accept something that is wrong just because it´s always been?

What is wrong?

Of course, everybody remembers that a certain Matt Le Tissier was hardly a model player when it came to accepting a referee's decision with good grace regardless of how hard done by he was. He had his fair share of yellows for dissent during his day and no doubt he would have expected the club to have supported his stance if it came to it. He has either matured since he retired, or he fails to realise that his stance makes him look a hypocrite.

No he could in truth believe this is a sledgehammer to crack a nut, you can disagree sometimes without being a hypocrite.

:lol: absolute bollix

Yep, never has happened....

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/24/did-referee-neil-swarbrick-bottle-sending-dirty-wayne-rooney-off-against-cardiff-4200042/

Neil Swarbrick, a referee who showed a lack of bottle all afternoon, let Rooney get away with what I would describe as assault. There is no way what Rooney did can construed as anything but a red card. Out-muscled by Jordon Mutch, Rooney saw it fit to leather him through the back of his legs.

The ball was nowhere near him. The aggression was Rooney-esque. The referee saw it but only booked him.

Of course, if Mutch had committed the same offence at Old Trafford, the referee would have had the red card out in record time. It was dirty, it was dangerous and it was full of intent. It’s a red card all day.

Of course refs make mistakes - they are human! Doesnt mean they favour teams or players

All teams moan about refs and always will. Decisions even out and we have got the decisions in our favour quite alot this season

Good job too as we might a right fuss when we dont get them :facepalm:

Of course refs make mistakes - they are human! Doesnt mean they favour teams or players

All teams moan about refs and always will. Decisions even out and we have got the decisions in our favour quite alot this season

Dont see anywhere where I was talking about favourism.

Whether they do it intentionally or unintentionally they´re not doing their jobs and they judge different teams and players in different ways.

Merrington-"Come on, it's a mans game. It should have stayed on the pitch, the club are making a mountain out of a molehill. Adam will get stick at away grounds and there was no need for it."

But he was only going by what _he_ read in the papers. According to Thevman and Weston Saint, there may be more to it than that, so it's difficult to comment really.

No it doesn't, he said he enjoyed refs giving banter back and the club should have just left it as that. I'm not sure how it makes him look a hyporcrite.

Fo what it's worth I think the club are probably making the complaint for a good reason. I expect they felt Clattenburg spoke to Lallana in a way that he wouldn't have to someone like Gerrard or Lampard and they are making a point about us not being pushed around just because we are not as big.

Edited by aintforever

I thought the words man up and being a.pansy were classes as homophobic words

I dont thinks its Lallana, I think its Cortese but his naivety has shown as this has put so much pressure on Lallana when its not needed, he did not need to do this, or if Lallana wanted it Cortese or Pochetinno should have talked him down and sought a sit down with the relevant people.

Commentator on Arsenal Vs Spurs just mentioned it (as Clattenburg referring that game) saying basically meh players being offended by few words from the ref whatever next (man up)

Tyldesley has mentioned it for a second time until Townsend stepped in to say that it is not known what has been said so it's not fair to comment.

But he was only going by what _he_ read in the papers. According to Thevman and Weston Saint, there may be more to it than that, so it's difficult to comment really.

I spoke today and last week with the same person who gave Weston Saint his info, and there certainly is more to this, according to him, and he certainly does know what was said.

It is much more than has been reported in the media but our informant doubts whether the facts will ever get into the public domain!!

He has no wish to tell me or anyone what was said and I didn't press him.

Adam is not too concerned and is not driving the issue.

He said no more or less than that!!!

I spoke today and last week with the same person who gave Weston Saint his info, and there certainly is more to this, according to him, and he certainly does know what was said.

It is much more than has been reported in the media but our informant doubts whether the facts will ever get into the public domain!!

He has no wish to tell me or anyone what was said and I didn't press him.

Adam is not too concerned and is not driving the issue.

He said no more or less than that!!!

Cheers for the info, although I can't see why it would be in the club's or Adam's interest to not go public and put the record straight on what was actually said. If it's left as it is then Lallana will be left with a false blemish on his name. IMO of course.

Watching clattenberg in the arse game he Is a long way from play . A spurs played blatantly pushed arse player over . He did nothing . And just now angered the spurs fan . I get the impression clattenberg is avoiding controversy

Definitely, Monreal on Walker just now was ridiculous. Clattenburg bottled it, waved play on.

Back to the words man up and pansies .

It was Kevin Edwards stout and the lgbts who complained about young footballers being called a bunch of pansies

Here's the gay fathers comments to the press etc on this matter .

While the kids have practiced the last several weeks, loving and hating every grueling moment, last night found one son’s team on the field, in the middle of a drill, when one of the assistant coaches yelled, “What are you? A bunch of pansies?”

I heard his words, echoing across the grass, and felt like I’d been punched in the gut. All those taunts through the years stay with you, even if you’ve risen above them. I immediately walked over, called my son off the field, and told the coach we were done. We were going to switch teams. And he let us go…

As my other son’s team finished their practice, I sat with my 10-year-old, explaining why I’d taken such action. We talked about what the word meant, how it is used, and why such words can be damaging. We talked about how such taunts, even if in jest, can haunt a person and make them feel less-than. Finally, we talked about African-Americans, the struggles for equality that they’ve faced, and how one single word can sear into your soul. He seemed to understand.

Following practice, we received apologies from both the assistant and the head coach himself. Bafflingly, the assistant coach didn’t seem to understand how the word “pansy” could be offensive. I shared that I was gay and found the word personally offensive, and also how that word and other similar terms had driven kids to suicide. He promised to never again use the word.

Definitely, Monreal on Walker just now was ridiculous. Clattenburg bottled it, waved play on.

Part of the weasel's modus operandi.

If he let's something contentious go, he's either made the correct or enjoys the get out of jail free card from from some talentless, stone age former footballer claiming that he "let's the game flow and that's what everyone wants to see".

Here's the gay fathers comments to the press etc on this matter .

While the kids have practiced the last several weeks, loving and hating every grueling moment, last night found one son’s team on the field, in the middle of a drill, when one of the assistant coaches yelled, “What are you? A bunch of pansies?”

I heard his words, echoing across the grass, and felt like I’d been punched in the gut. All those taunts through the years stay with you, even if you’ve risen above them. I immediately walked over, called my son off the field, and told the coach we were done. We were going to switch teams. And he let us go…

As my other son’s team finished their practice, I sat with my 10-year-old, explaining why I’d taken such action. We talked about what the word meant, how it is used, and why such words can be damaging. We talked about how such taunts, even if in jest, can haunt a person and make them feel less-than. Finally, we talked about African-Americans, the struggles for equality that they’ve faced, and how one single word can sear into your soul. He seemed to understand.

Following practice, we received apologies from both the assistant and the head coach himself. Bafflingly, the assistant coach didn’t seem to understand how the word “pansy” could be offensive. I shared that I was gay and found the word personally offensive, and also how that word and other similar terms had driven kids to suicide. He promised to never again use the word.

hmm is that for real? I lolled two or three times so i hope it's a parody! He needs to man up.