Software upgrade needed?

Lazlo78

I'd like to report a forum bug that may need a software upgrade to fix. It primarily happens in the match threads. Usually there are no problems with these threads, but whenever a goal is scored against Saints, most of the posts disappear with the message "This message is hidden because xxx is on your ignore list." I have tried accessing match threads in both Chrome and Firefox, but the problem remains.

Why is this happening? And why only when things are going against the Saints? It's quite annoying to see a match thread with 90% of the posts blocked :(

I'm quite confused but I hope a software update can fix the problem... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming if you're reporting this as a problem that you don't have those people on your ignore list? :D

There is an update for the forum software available, I just need to find a couple of hours when I can get round to installing it.

We could always use a software update, so I won't feel too bad about venting my spleen in here - even if it's not the appropriate place :blush:

There will be big changes at some point in the next year or so, the newest "major" version of vBulletin is absolutely horrendous so I won't be upgrading to that. We'll be moving to a different provider.

Uh oh, I'm not sure that will go down well with saintbletch. We'll just have to await his response, but to be honest, I fear the worst...