Where in the world are you?

aussiesaint20

That's you, me and (I think) Hamilton who grew up in Hythe and ended up in Canada.

Clearly, we knew that 'progress' would see Hythe High Street being closed to vehicular traffic and The Croft ending up as a Tesco Express. :cry:

Hold on. I grew up in Harefield, but lived in Hythe a good number of years....my favourite place in the world.........The Croft is a WHAT!!!!???? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! What about the Hilltop? What about the Old Mill? You gotta fill me in!!!...........Gently please.....It's all gonna be bad news. :(

Ohio, I think the Nelson's still there, not sure about the Old Mill, but I sh*t you not about the Croft. I headed there for a pint and came out with a chocolate bar and a lottery ticket. This stuff makes the loss of The Empire pale into insignificance.

Best not to think about it if you grew up there.

I sh*t you not about the Croft. I headed there for a pint and came out with a chocolate bar and a lottery ticket.

I honestly think that it is quite possible that I am the saddest person on the planet right now. Just for once, I am not being ironic or funny. Just sad.

I can now see how it would be painful to have the 'Gift" of eternal life......Unless, of course, Tesco Express can get you drunk and laid while including fun for the kids all in a single night. :(

I honestly think that it is quite possible that I am the saddest person on the planet right now. Just for once, I am not being ironic or funny. Just sad.

I can now see how it would be painful to have the 'Gift" of eternal life......Unless, of course, Tesco Express can get you drunk and laid while including fun for the kids all in a single night. :(

Nelson, hill top(royal oak) and the old mill still here but yeoman, holbury inn are gone !

Ohio, I think the Nelson's still there, not sure about the Old Mill, but I sh*t you not about the Croft. I headed there for a pint and came out with a chocolate bar and a lottery ticket. This stuff makes the loss of The Empire pale into insignificance.

Best not to think about it if you grew up there.

Yeah, I was in the Lord Nelson last August. I usually come over to Hythe on the ferry from Southampton and drop into the Lord Nelson for lunch and a pint (or two). Then walk up into Hollybank Estate to visit the bungalow I lived in from 1960-68.

Is it true that Oregon is the meth capital of the US and it rains more than England !!!

I think you will find that Ottumwa, Iowa is the meth capital of the world thanks to the sister of the actor Tom Arnold. I fortunately live in a nicer part of Iowa. We dont get that much rain but its bloody cold.

Currently living in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Went to see the local team, Canterbury Utd, play against WaiBoP Utd in the NZ national league today and the visitors' goalkeeper and captain was Andrew McNeil, who was in the Saints side that reached the FA Youth Final in 2005, with Walcott, Best, McGoldrick, Lallana, Bale etc. He played a few games in Scotland (Hibernian, Raith, Livingston) after being released by Saints, without playing a first team game, and is still only 26. He didn't have a lot to do today but was beaten by a screamer for the only goal of the game.

One of the players for Canterbury was Danny Boys and in the programme it said Southampton was one of his two former cubs but I've never heard of him. Anyone?

There are two JJ's now!

I heard, and one opening in Indianapolis where we used to live. They waited until we moved south. :-( A magical land of wonder and delight, three yes THREE British aisles and an entirely separate Indian section. And the best toilets this side of St Mary's. *sigh*