Struggling to get excited by our league campaign

bender

Okay we may well not be in the running for the title etc etc however I don't think I'm alone in enjoying the football we are currently playing.

That and it's exciting to see the academy grads playing often and playing well.

Throw in the fact that our league campaign might result in one or more of ours off to Brazil in the summer, now that's rather exciting!

This.

We are Saints, not Barca. We have to enjoy what we have, while we can. Even since our drop in form, people are still talking about us in a very positive way. I am loving it1

It does indeed look like we are stuck in a rut, destined to finish 8th or 9th, as things stand today.

However, considering where we were 2 months ago, any other team above us could go tittus verticus next week, and have the sort of run we had.

We are not in a 'rut' we are in the 'groove'. !

I agree we should focus on the cup but i am still thoroughly enjoying the League campaign. With a bit of luck we could catch some of the teams above us and it's great to be able to enjoy the football without the pressure of a relegation scrap. Watching team like West ham and Fulham slug it out is hilarious.

I agree we should focus on the cup but i am still thoroughly enjoying the League campaign. With a bit of luck we could catch some of the teams above us and it's great to be able to enjoy the football without the pressure of a relegation scrap. Watching team like West ham and Fulham slug it out is hilarious.

It is hard not to feel smug seeing the likes of Wham in a 'dogfight'.

I only hope that it is not too demoralising for the fishy lot down the road. There again...

There's a sizeable gap between us and 10th and we're too good to go down a few places and dragged into a relegation battle.

Then you look up and fair enough 8th is within reach. But for me the top seven is taken by the 2 x Manchester teams, 2 x Merseyside teams and 3 x London teams.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, maybe we can launch an assault on that top 7 but its a big maybe and I really hope we focus on the cup.

I think the second half of the season just got interesting.... :)

Ambition hasn't got much to do with it. In the past 10 years every year the three or four automatic CL places have been occupied by the same five clubs, with just one exception for Spurs in 2011. Dreaming a bit harder wont change that, only hundreds of millions.

Not true though is it. In the premier league era 10 English teams have participated in the champions league: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Blackburn

Man City and Chelsea have both broken the top four within the last 10 years. Obviously it takes significant investment to become established in the top four in a way that Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle have been unable to do, but it isn't impossible to qualify. In any case, who is to say we won't ever attract a super rich investor to fund our way there?

Not true though is it. In the premier league era 10 English teams have participated in the champions league: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Blackburn

Man City and Chelsea have both broken the top four within the last 10 years. Obviously it takes significant investment to become established in the top four in a way that Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle have been unable to do, but it isn't impossible to qualify. In any case, who is to say we won't ever attract a super rich investor to fund our way there?

To consistently qualify,only United, Arsenal,Chelsea have qualified for it frequently.