Interim CEO Appointed

The Hoff

This provides time which is good, and someone who knows how we operate.

Also means there are no excuses for the next set of permanent appointments, which need to be bang on and replace some of the drive Cortese had.

Right now, in terms of daily running of the club we are in a worse position than 10 days ago as Rogers (who may be great) has zero experience of running a substantial company.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Also means there are no excuses for the next set of permanent appointments, which need to be bang on and replace some of the drive Cortese had.

Right now, in terms of daily running of the club we are in a worse position than 10 days ago as Rogers (who may be great) has zero experience of running a substantial company.

Educated to under-grad level and held a lower/middle management position at Deloitte.

Uninspiring to say the least.

I've just had a chat with my conspiracy theorist mate and he reckons this "interim" appointment could signify that the club have received an "attractive" bid for the club sometime in the last 24 hours or so and as such Liebherr has deferred the appointment of a permanent CEO until she's had chance to assess the bid. He said this might also explain why Lenhart was added as a director yesterday and then removed straight away. I told my mate I would post his ridiculous musings on here but to expect a load of flack for me doing so. He's a tad bonkers I admit.

Let's be honest, everythibg you have written is once again speculation and predicting doom with no evidence.

Educated to under-grad level and held a lower/middle management position at Deloitte.

It doesn't need to be inspiring, its an interim appointment. We were hardly going to get someone with glowing credentials to step in for a short space of time. We needed to have someone as CEO whilst we approach, interview and then offer the job to external candidates.

As if someone with any aspiration would have taken the job on a temporary basis....

I've just had a chat with my conspiracy theorist mate and he reckons this "interim" appointment could signify that the club have received an "attractive" bid for the club sometime in the last 24 hours or so and as such Liebherr has deferred the appointment of a permanent CEO until she's had chance to assess the bid. He said this might also explain why Lenhart was added as a director yesterday and then removed straight away. I told my mate I would post his ridiculous musings on here but to expect a load of flack for me doing so. He's a tad bonkers I admit.

Alternatively Rogers is doing the job until John Williams has served his notice as chairman of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd.

For what??? Did you miss the word interim?

Should we lower our standards even on an interim basis?

Looks like the owners couldn't even be bothered to put much effort into the recruitment of a qualified CEO and just gave it to the first person they saw looking at a spreadsheet.

For what??? Did you miss the word interim?

Would be loads of experienced CEOs that would fancy a go at a top half PL club, even on a temporary basis.

Between now and the end of the season there are stacks of decisions to be made. New contracts for players like Jay Rod and Clyne who are nearly halfway through, Cork whose contract ends end of next season.

Summer transfer plans (which were clearly put in place in spring of last year for the summer, hence early capture of Lovren).

Would hope in this case interim means a couple of weeks, rather than anything longer.

It therefore makes sense to appoint an interim (who has good working knowledge of the club) until any 'preferred' candidate is in a position to accept an offer.

Surely

I would think so too, but then I'm not looking for a problem.

Any potential CEO worth his / her salt would probably be on a substantial notice period.

It therefore makes sense to appoint an interim (who has good working knowledge of the club) until any 'preferred' candidate is in a position to accept an offer.

Surely

Exactly.

But presumably the experts on here would only be satisfied if we got David Gill in on a temporary basis whilst we waited for Florentino Perez to serve his notice....honestly.

Its a sensible move by KL to have someone in the role temporarily who knows the club. Any suggestion otherwise is pure speculation IMO.

Would be loads of experienced CEOs that would fancy a go at a top half PL club, even on a temporary basis.

No they wouldn't. The permanent job is already earmarked. No credible outsider is going to leave their current role without notice, take the job for three months and then have on their CV that the temporary contract ended and the job was given to someone else.

1. He's a CFO and has all the necessary qualifications to do that role very well (He's a grad from a good Uni and he's worked for a consultancy who are hard to get in to)

2. He's now an INTERIM CEO. Most CEOs in most companies have Accountancy backgrounds for good reason

3. None of Lowe, Cortese, Wilde, Oldknow etc etc etc have a much more "qualified" background

4. What did you expect? It's the CEO of a company, football aside, he's looking after the health of a company first and foremost

5. He's interim

6. Congrats to to guy for being asked to fill in from CFO to Interim CEO!

Rubbish from you as per usual. What is your agenda?

What do you mean "rubbish"?

If Cortese had really been working notice since 3 months ago then surely a more clear plan would be in place.

So far we have been linked to making the Board appointments of an Ice Hockey coach and an Austrian agent with 20 lower league players to his name.

Of course the statement was great, and welcomed, and the parts about not selling players - completely welcome those things. But you arent telling me that those two above pieces sit right with you that they are clearly good moves? It doesn't seem to me like a huge recipe for success based on what is known so far.

And I know you disliked Cortese, but nearly all football related decisions he made in 4 years were correct. Whoever comes in has a lot to live up to IF we want to keep being successful - which, as a supporter is what I would rather happened.

I get the feeling that over the last 7 days people have began to dumb down what Cortese gave us, simply because he isnt here anymore.

BBC says until the end of the season, don't know where they got that idea from although Rogers does say "finish the season" in his OS piece.

rumours of club being sold

Hockey man coming in

interim CEO till end of season

Manager 'till end of season"

summer is going to be very interesting

Two huge underwhelming appointments, now can we get a commitment from the board that they are prepared to spend to achieve our European ambitions?

I wonder.

there is only 1 appointment for the time being though, when there's another one I guess they'll let us know. The ice hockey bloke is just newspaper speculation as I pointed out yesterday.