Would you change positons with Sunderland?

Barry Sanchez

Final of the League Cup and now out the relegation zone, would you exchange it for our safety? They have us in the last 16 at home and like us will be eyeing up the last 8 so in short would you swap their position (not teams, not culture etc etc), do you wish we were going to the League Cup Final but with higher chance of getting relegated?

Only time will tell, I would take the risk and if it failed would take the consequences, the reason for this is simply because of our lack of success in winning trophies, if we had won a Cup or even a European place in recent years I would not have gambeled it.

You're serious, right? You wouldn't take the consequences. You'd be calling for heads to roll, questioning decision makers, slating the players, the manager, anyone who reminded you that you said you'd take the gamble.

As for winning a cup in recent years, did you miss the JPT? Ok, so it's not a major cup but it was relevant at the time and just the tonic we needed as a club after years of disappointment and suffering.

I'd take where we are now over risking relegation to pursue a cup dream.

I know I've just been trolled, but that really was a ridiculous notion baz

You're serious, right? You wouldn't take the consequences. You'd be calling for heads to roll, questioning decision makers, slating the players, the manager, anyone who reminded you that you said you'd take the gamble.

As for winning a cup in recent years, did you miss the JPT? Ok, so it's not a major cup but it was relevant at the time and just the tonic we needed as a club after years of disappointment and suffering.

I'd take where we are now over risking relegation to pursue a cup dream.

I know I've just been trolled, but that really was a ridiculous notion baz

Yes I was at the JPT Final and it was a great great day, as was our ZDS Final against Forest but the question I was asking (no I am not trolling at all) was if you could swap positions with them would you?

Sure they could get humped in the Final, go down and hopefully lose to us in the last 16 BUT as it stands at the moment would you?

They could win the Final, stay up and be in the last 8 of the FA Cup, they have a chance of that at least AND they have a day out at Wembley at the very least.

The happier ones will try to derail the thread but wont clearly answer the question, its all hypothetical anyway, they are simply scared to commit themselves, middle of the road fans I suppose Glasgow.

Batman reminds me of Tim from the UK office.... Simply content with mediocrity

Tim: If you look at life like rolling a dice, then my situation now, as it stands - yeah, it may only be a 3. If I jack that in now, go for something bigger and better, yeah, I could easily roll a six - no problem, I could roll a 6... I could also roll a 1. OK? So, I think sometimes... Just leave the dice alone.

Yeah I'd love to swap places with Sunderland. Would be great to be feeling nervous every week and checking the results of the other teams to see if we were out of the relegation zone. This season has admitedly died down a bit, fairplay to them going well in the cups. But seriously? You must be joking, being in the relegation zone is no fun whatsoever, regardless of a cup run. Go on Sunderland's forum and ask them the same question

Yeah I'd love to swap places with Sunderland. Would be great to be feeling nervous every week and checking the results of the other teams to see if we were out of the relegation zone. This season has admitedly died down a bit, fairplay to them going well in the cups. But seriously? You must be joking, being in the relegation zone is no fun whatsoever, regardless of a cup run. Go on Sunderland's forum and ask them the same question

They are not in the relegation zone.

I'm normally a bit of a happy clapper and can get tired of some of the negative posts on here but I don't think this is a trolling question.

Personally I'd prefer to be where we are, having seen the minor meltdowns on here if we lose a game, being down the wrong end of the table would mean pandemonium on here and amongst the fans.

However if I was a Sunderland fan being asked would i exchange the cup final for safety.... I'm not sure what my answer would be.

Tim: If you look at life like rolling a dice, then my situation now, as it stands - yeah, it may only be a 3. If I jack that in now, go for something bigger and better, yeah, I could easily roll a six - no problem, I could roll a 6... I could also roll a 1. OK? So, I think sometimes... Just leave the dice alone.

:lol:

I'm normally a bit of a happy clapper and can get tired of some of the negative posts on here but I don't think this is a trolling question.

Personally I'd prefer to be where we are, having seen the minor meltdowns on here if we lose a game, being down the wrong end of the table would mean pandemonium on here and amongst the fans.

However if I was a Sunderland fan being asked would i exchange the cup final for safety.... I'm not sure what my answer would be.

Thank you Monkeyboy for answering the question, most on here will ***** about the thread yet contribute nothing and try to derail it.

Most people who saw the Office would probably opt to be more like Tim than the others - grounded, humble, witty - laid by the busty blonde from the other regional office and ending up with Dawn as his permanent squeeze. Glasgow, most of your posts remind me of David Brent. You know, he rolled a six every time didn't he.

Most people who saw the Office would probably opt to be more like Tim than the others - grounded, humble, witty - laid by the busty blonde from the other regional office and ending up with Dawn as his permanent squeeze. Glasgow, most of your posts remind me of David Brent. You know, he rolled a six every time didn't he.

:lol: i do love David Brent

They would but that does not detract he is happy to float along.

You remind me of Gareth, though he was in permanent employment and did seem to have some hobbies.

I often see where you are coming from Barry, but this thread is odd even by your standards.

We still have a chance to make further progress in the FA Cup, coincidentally by extracting sweet sweet revenge in the first instance over the Arthur Blackpudding crew you refer to in the OP - led by the monkey-faced tw*t who felt we direspected him at Brighton despite the fact we stayed up and he went back down, and ordered his team last time out to cripple our players.

I still maintain we've managed to get ourselves into No-Mans-Land league-wise, keeping the motivation up for the last dozen games is going to be a challenge if the FA cup run continues and many of pur players are Rio-bound, but I still wouldnt swap with them.

Would I swap our position with that of Sunderland, probably not, I agree a day at Wembley would be fantastic for the club and fans, especially if we won, we have agood chance to progress to the qtrs of the FA Cup, as do Sunderland, but the fear of relegation would be a nightmare. Also consider this...a few injuries to the Sunderland squad, like we have just gone through and they could find themselves back in the mire. So bottom line is No I wouldn't swap with the Maccam's....

A couple of seasons consolidating our position in the PL, with a slight improvement each year, and each year a good cup run, and if we reach a final yee haa .....

Edited by CalneSaint

Nah I wouldn't...a drop to the CCC isn't the greatest thing to happen to your club.

It's an entirely theoretical question, but ask yourself this. Would you prefer our last ten years as it happened, or would you prefer we had spent 10 years in the Premier League finishing between 8th or 9th and 16th, and with no visits to Wembley in any of the cups?

I'd take the last 10 years every time. The championship holds no fears at all for me, I thoroughly enjoyed our time there even when we were relatively sh*t.

Given the choice (hypothetically), Id rather swap with Chelsea or Man City.

If you think that anybody would wish to swap with Sunderland on any level at all, you must have a screw loose to even think it.

This - and to think of all the money they've spunked to end up where they are.

I'd take Tuesday night over pretty much anything, not sure it's an 'either/or' question is it?

We still in the FA Cup, I reckon our future is about 100x brighter than theirs, so no I wouldn't swap.

We are well on the way to being the best-of-the-rest and we are competitive and stand a chance of winning in pretty much every game we play now (bar Chelsea!).

Reckon with the right draws we are a decent bet for one of the cups next season.

A Relegation battle and a dicking from Manchester City to come? Pass. I'd have taken Swansea's position last year though!

Granted we'll probably only finish 8th - 10th, but I wouldn't swap mid-table for a relegation battle and for a cup final, especially not the League Cup against perhaps the World's most in form team at present.

One of the only things Saints lack at present is squad depth, and that will come in time.