Coventry Fan in Peace...

Skyblueweeman

Good afternoon gents (and any ladies on board),

Apologies for crashing your forum but we're after the support of fans up and down the country. You might be aware of or situation...owned by SISU (or whatever they call themselves this week), we're currently playing 'home' games 34 miles from the Ricoh. The owners of the Ricoh (a set up called ACL - owned half by a charity and half by Coventry City Council) have said they'll let us play there rent free for 3 years whilst we build a new stadium. Our owners, for reasons unbeknown to anyone sensible, have said no to this. Plans to build a new stadium were due to be with us but as yet, nothing. The owners say they're in active discussions with 2 boroughs about land for a new stadium. Fans have contacted all local boroughs and none say there's any discussions going on. And there's no gaurantee that any new stadium will be built in Coventry. All a bit of a mess and unfortunately, the fans suffer.

Cov fans are boycotting home games this season...our attendances are our lowest ever recorded, bar some crappy cup game against Millwall in the 80's. Away though, our fans are travelling strong...we took 7,500 to MK Dons just before Xmas....as many as home fans on that day and you might have seen our protests during BT Sports recent coverage of our cup game away at Arsenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKTX34HnGQ

We're started an online petition to try and raise 100,000 signatures in order to try and enforce a House of Commons Select Committee grilling of all parties involved in our downfall (and there's a few). We hope that this won't only shed light on who is to blame for our situation, but provide some transparency for the powers the rule the game, to effectively manage club ownership and stop situations like ours, Hulls, Cardiffs, Lutons, Rangers etc etc.

Saints fans have been great to us over the past few years....clubs of relatively similar stature with you narrowly (luckily) missing out on SISU ownership and instead getting Markus Liebherr to invest. Please could you sign the attached petition? It will take 2 minutes, you won't get junk mail and you'll hopefully assist with a better environment for fans of football.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

We need about 400 signatures from every professional club in England and Scotland as well as 50,000 from our fans. Please do share.

Thanks all,

WM

I assume there is a reason for this, but as there is already a brand spanking new stadium in Coventry, why exactly is there the need to spend tens of millions on another one?

And that's a question the owners won't answer. They say they need the F+B revenue but that won't make too much of a difference. The rent charged to the club (£1.2m a year) was too much and there's been legal battles, public slating, question dodging but most sides and they're probably too far down the line to do business with each other now. It's like a playground. And unfortunately it's splitting the fans...if you get a moment, drop on Skybluestalk...over version of this. I would say only 5% of our threads are football related...the rest about ownership/SISU hatred/ACL hatred/stadiums/returns to the Ricoh/slating each other.

The only thing we all agree is that we want our club back playing in Coventry and we need answers into ownership.

Thanks farawaysaint.

WM

Signed. Good luck to you. The petition is a little vague, in terms of what you want to happen, but well intentioned and hence you get my vote. Cheers

Don't disagree with that actually. Not my words but they had to be approved by someone and that's what came out.

Thank you all...greatly appreciated. Please share!

WM

Done. I wish you guys the best of luck as the fortunes of our clubs could have been so different had sisu got their hands on saints instead of ccfc. The support shown by your fans at the final game of the championship season a year and a half ago was immense considering the polarised fortunes our two clubs were experiencing that day. Good luck mate.

Signed, i have a massive amount of time for Cov' and see them as a very similar club to us who just happened to be very unlucky in the arseholes that bought them.

Hope you can sort it out soon and get back up to the top flight again as that's where you belong in my opinion.

Done. Have some links to Coventry fans, and while I understand it's not black and white that SISU are 100 per cent to blame for the stadium fiasco, they are still a bunch of chancers unfit to run a football club. Similar sized city and football club to us, with not too dissimilar level of success over the years, it could so easily have been us. Hope your club gets back home soon, and good luck on making the play offs (bit of a long shot, I know).

Done - have great sympathy with your position and not least because it's a bullet we dodged.

Also because I admired the humour and dignity in the last match of the season two years ago - some good guys in the pub afterwards sitting where I (metaphorically) sat after the Burnley game a couple of years before that - Good Luck!

Signed. We have been most fortunate to dodge having SISU take us down the path that Coventry suffered and are extremely lucky with the Liebherrs. I was at the Ricoh Stadium a couple of weeks ago for the Trade Only show and we had a conference room overlooking the pitch at Corporate Box level. It is a magnificent stadium and a crying shame that Coventry don't get to play there.

Good afternoon gents (and any ladies on board),

Apologies for crashing your forum but we're after the support of fans up and down the country. You might be aware of or situation...owned by SISU (or whatever they call themselves this week), we're currently playing 'home' games 34 miles from the Ricoh. The owners of the Ricoh (a set up called ACL - owned half by a charity and half by Coventry City Council) have said they'll let us play there rent free for 3 years whilst we build a new stadium. Our owners, for reasons unbeknown to anyone sensible, have said no to this. Plans to build a new stadium were due to be with us but as yet, nothing. The owners say they're in active discussions with 2 boroughs about land for a new stadium. Fans have contacted all local boroughs and none say there's any discussions going on. And there's no gaurantee that any new stadium will be built in Coventry. All a bit of a mess and unfortunately, the fans suffer.

Cov fans are boycotting home games this season...our attendances are our lowest ever recorded, bar some crappy cup game against Millwall in the 80's. Away though, our fans are travelling strong...we took 7,500 to MK Dons just before Xmas....as many as home fans on that day and you might have seen our protests during BT Sports recent coverage of our cup game away at Arsenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKTX34HnGQ

We're started an online petition to try and raise 100,000 signatures in order to try and enforce a House of Commons Select Committee grilling of all parties involved in our downfall (and there's a few). We hope that this won't only shed light on who is to blame for our situation, but provide some transparency for the powers the rule the game, to effectively manage club ownership and stop situations like ours, Hulls, Cardiffs, Lutons, Rangers etc etc.

Saints fans have been great to us over the past few years....clubs of relatively similar stature with you narrowly (luckily) missing out on SISU ownership and instead getting Markus Liebherr to invest. Please could you sign the attached petition? It will take 2 minutes, you won't get junk mail and you'll hopefully assist with a better environment for fans of football.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

We need about 400 signatures from every professional club in England and Scotland as well as 50,000 from our fans. Please do share.

Thanks all,

WM

All done WM, good luck with it, on a personal note I would push to stay in the Ricoh.