• Cork
    • Davis
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Rodriguez
    • Guly
    • JWP
    • Wanyama

Again a rather nervy ending mainly due to jrod/lambert.Jrod can run as much as he likes but he really needs to put away chances

How many goals would we be scoring with a clinical finisher.I think we would then be in top 6

I know - Hernandez was mentioned above - He'd be fantastic.

Fair play to Rickie/Adam/J-Rod though. They've done great for us this season.

Great win, we seem to be getting back to where we were 3 months ago. On the pre-match thread I was called arrogant for claiming defeat would be unacceptable. I was just of the belief that if we played to our best ability then we should win the game. Looking forward to Saturday now, got an extra days rest too. Hopefully Sunderland get run ragged by City

I got absolutely ****ing slaughtered at the end of last season and over the summer for suggesting our club could finish 6th in the Premier League.

We're currently 8th, 6 points off 6th with 12 games to go.

As other's have said, a clinical striker is all this team is lacking. Splash the cash in the summer MoPo and get us a 20 goal a season man.

I got absolutely ****ing slaughtered at the end of last season and over the summer for suggesting our club could finish 6th in the Premier League.

As other's have said, a clinical striker is all this team is lacking. Splash the cash in the summer MoPo and get us a 20 goal a season man.

Guess he tried to do that with one of Serie A's top scorers and Italian international

Shame he was a mad head

Just back in. Great all round performance. Don't really know who I'd give MoM to. The midfield 3 and the 2 fullbacks where outstanding. Could & probably should have been more than 1 nil but it says something when their MoM was the keeper and the local radio were purring over our performance.

Guess he tried to do that with one of Serie A's top scorers and Italian international

Shame he was a mad head

Bigger shame that it was known ahead of him joining, but in fairness MP probably thought having worked with him once he could get inside his head an motivate him. Bigger reflection on Osvaldo than MP that he couldn't though.

Good game of football that, we played well and got the result i think we deserved in a match i thought we'd lose.

Fair play to hull too, Curtis Davies looks a top center back and i hope your lad that went of injured is ok. Think you've got enough to stay up just need to be a bit more clinical infront of goal.

Special shout to the 1000+ saints that made it up, great noise and a hell of a trip on a tuesday before we play Sunderland in away in the cup!

Good all round performance, hence a few in the running for motm.

Still can't quite decide on J Rod. He is either at his best now... Which I would say is a half-decent prem striker. Or, he could improve his first touch and really push on and become an international player. His dribbling forward sometimes reminds me of what Torres used to do at Liverpool... ('sometimes' underlined as I am by no means saying he is anywhere near that good yet)

Am I alone on this one?

Lambert miss first half

Faster loading html5 link

AmbitiousHarmlessBovine.gif

Rodriguez shot

MammothVastAnglerfish.gif

Long's header

ShockingNaughtyIrishwolfhound.gif

Fonte goal.

DelightfulWelcomeHarborporpoise.gif

Fonte goal alternative angle.

InexperiencedSpanishFlee.gif

Slowmo goal confirmation

DependentAromaticArgali.gif

Cork(!) hits the bar.

UnrealisticPlasticGardensnake.gif

Shaw shot, and Guly rebound chance

CorruptDeepComet.gif

Enjoy, hopefully I haven't posted too much!

Also can any of the Mods/Admins enable html code so I can post the gfycat html5 links, saving a lot of bandwidth on these? For example the Long header gif is 23Mb whilst the gfy html5 is only 3Mb.

I got to see most of the second half. What an entertaining game. I think that many of us are starting to take this for granted now, but the passing, movement and understanding is normally good, and sometimes superb, as it was tonight. Hull's only answer seemed to lie in George Boyd trying to wind Chambers up after a trick-gone-wrong led to a Hull throw. The corner that led to the goal should never have been given, and I'm convinced it was because the ref was as impressed as I was with Chamber's tenacity in the "f*ck off, I'm having it" double header :)

Other highlights; Elmohamady trying to bum Luke Shaw and then trying to get Luke Shaw booked. Not conceding and finishing the game strongly was very nice too. The draws from winning positions have been Saints-of-old stuff - not necessarily in a good way. Still, the football mullering we seem to hand out to teams on occasion is Saints-of-old stuff too, and while this was no means that, I think 2-0 might have been a fairer reflection of the team's effort. Good away win all the same.

Good all round performance, hence a few in the running for motm.

Still can't quite decide on J Rod. He is either at his best now... Which I would say is a half-decent prem striker. Or, he could improve his first touch and really push on and become an international player. His dribbling forward sometimes reminds me of what Torres used to do at Liverpool... ('sometimes' underlined as I am by no means saying he is anywhere near that good yet)

Am I alone on this one?

Best comparison made that I heard of was to a young Stan Collymore. Can definitely see it in the rangy direct style.

Yeah it's just that easy isn't it......

Lambert miss first half

AmbitiousHarmlessBovine.gif

Rodriguez shot

MammothVastAnglerfish.gif

Long's header

ShockingNaughtyIrishwolfhound.gif

Fonte goal.

DelightfulWelcomeHarborporpoise.gif

Fonte goal alternative angle.

InexperiencedSpanishFlee.gif

Slowmo goal confirmation

DependentAromaticArgali.gif

Cork(!) hits the bar.

UnrealisticPlasticGardensnake.gif

Shaw shot, and Guly rebound chance

CorruptDeepComet.gif

Enjoy, hopefully I haven't posted too much!

Also can any of the Mods/Admins enable html code so I can post the gfycat html5 links, saving a lot of bandwidth on these? For example the Long header gif is 23Mb whilst the gfy html5 is only 3Mb.

Thanks a lot for these!

Just got home to Sheffield. Battled through a blizzard/lightning storm to get there. Tried to be clever beating all the traffic into the city, got hopelessly lost and then stuck in horrendous traffic due to roadworks trying to find my way to the ground, all of which meant I missed the first half an hour of the game!

From what I did see, we were totally in control. Once we scored it was never really in doubt because Hull offered no threat at all up front in the second half. Our defence did its job so well that they didn't manage a shot at goal in the second half until about the 80th minute.

Chambers did really well down the right. Looked like he really wanted it. J Rod's running was causing them all sorts of problems at the back but he never quite got the right through ball although AL and RL kept trying them for him.

MOTM Steve Davis - what an engine that man has got. Ran his socks off in midfield protecting the back four, always making himself available to receive the ball and looked to get things moving forward as often as possible.

Cork's effort against the crossbar/post late on was the best I have ever seen him hit the ball. One of these days he's going to get a goal. There were a few groans around me when Guly couldn't put away Shaw's rebounded shot but it came at him so quickly and he was at full stretch, he just couldn't get enough contact to nudge it past the defender who got back well to clear.

I'm not long back from the game. Obviously great to get the 3pts. Didn't quite click in the final third but I thought we defended well and the midfield were very diligent.

When Guly's touch was cleared off the line and Harper just watched as Cork smashed it against the bar I was really worried Hull would get an equaliser but the team has a really good mentality where they shrug off potential momentum changers and get on with their job and I like that. Hate giving away cheap set pieces though.

Was a good atmosphere in the away end tonight and the Hull fans to our left enjoyed giving out some grief and took it well back so all in all it was good fun.

Towards the end when Wanyama came on we kept the same formation but shifted it slightly - so he and Cork sat, JWP was the outside right, and Morgan played behind Jay Rod with Guly on the left. Sometimes if Cork was forward Morgan would drop back. Everyone on the pitch seemed to be happy enough with what their job was, but obviously their characteristics as players defines how well they are at certain aspects of it.

Hull were shocking. Absolute hoof merchants - worst long ball team I've seen in a while. Very surprising. Not sure if they decided to do that or we forced them into it but they had nothing to offer.

I really want Luke Shaw to score soon because I think he is desperate to ahead of what may happen in the summer.

Oh, and I absolutely loved Boruc laying into the Ref every time the Ref told him to hurry up at goal kicks :lol:

One time the ball didn't come back from the Hull crowd quickly so when it did get to him he calmly placed the ball down and then the Ref gestured to him and Boruc wasn't having any of it and threw his arms up and shouted at the Ref and all sorts :lol:

Southampton have won back-to-back away Premier League games for the first time since September 2001, 104 matches ago.

Holy jebus, we really are in a new era...!

Before our first ever win at St Mary's. Just had a look at it was trips to Bolton and Boro if anyone cares. The Bolton game was 4 days after we won 3-0 at Brighton in the LC on 9/11.

That was also the last time we won 5 Premier League away games in a season and it's only February.